How did you first come to find Bald Move

I think it'd be fun to hear the stories/reasons people stumbled across Bald Move and became listeners.

For me... a little less than a year ago (yeah I know I'm very new to Bald Move) I got a new job with a different company and am able to listen to the radio/music/podcasts during work.  Never really jumping into the podcast world before, I decided now was the perfect time.  I was starting my re-watch of Game of Thrones at this time as I do every year before the new season and figured I'd look and see what's out there for coverage all the way back to season 1.  That's where I stumbled across A.Rons old podcast (I can't remember the name of it) before he started doing it with Jim.  After I got to a certain point I realized that there wasn't the new stuff with them and desperately searched for where they went.  Obviously the other gentleman and A.Ron went their own ways and that's when I came across A.Ron and Jim with Bald Move.  It's comical the amount of TV I've re-watched just to have it fresh in my mind for the Bald Move coverage of it.  I'm already looking forward to my next re-watch of Game of Thrones to hear the Jim and A.Ron re-watch coverage that will be new to me.
Chinaski

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 9
    Stitcher. Looking for new podcasts, and stumbled upon Breaking Good. And the rest has just sort of been a blur. I can't remember when I went from a casual listener to supporter, but I'm pretty sure I've followed the timeline: Subbable, then Patreon, then Club. Or is it Patreon, then Subbable, then Club?
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Game of Thrones podcast, found it looking for a podcast on Apple podcasts from my phone. Season 5 I believe is when I jumped on. After that season, started looking at what other stuff they had and eventually became a member a little bit later.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I was listening to the GOT pod cast when Mad Brew was on it. I thought at the time they were the same guys that had done the Lost Podcast. Which was the first podcast I listened to. 
  • I became infected with Breaking Bad during season 4. I just wanted to talk to people about it and stumbled on Bald Move. It looks like that was back in 2011, when they were still podcasting as a side gig. Followed them to a number of shows after that, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones. 

I listen to a ton of podcasts but they've kind of become one of my main sources for TV show entertainment. 
    vik83h
  • Breaking Good was my first Bald Move podcast, I think I was listening pretty much from the beginning (season 4 right?) as believe it or not there weren't 100x podcasts for every show back then so they were probably one of the first ones to show when searching. And then the Night's Watch, and on from there.
    letrbuck2006
  • MrX said:
    Breaking Good was my first Bald Move podcast, I think I was listening pretty much from the beginning (season 4 right?) as believe it or not there weren't 100x podcasts for every show back then so they were probably one of the first ones to show when searching. And then the Night's Watch, and on from there.
    Nailed it, the nights watch.  I couldn't think of it or find it for the life of me.  
    MrX
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 11
    Think it was either Breaking Bad or Walking Dead
  • I was looking for a Mad Men podcast and the Baldmove cast became indispensable for that show. Then expanded to Breaking Bad, then Walking Dead, then Game of Thrones, then all of entertainment.
  • ShumShum Utah
    A couple friends recommended Night's Watch to me during GOT season 3, which was my very first podcast. I hopped to Breaking Good, and Watching Dead, and anything else they did (except I never could get into Mad Men). I started supporting on Subbable around the point they decided to go full time.  Now I'm way more into Bald Move than either of my friends.
  • In retrospect, I guess it was @hypergenesb 's fault, indirectly. I'd just finished Breaking Bad in the summer of 2014 and stumbled upon the Heisenberg Chronicles while reading up on the show. Scanning through it, I saw a link to one of BM's then-recent season 1 rewatch podcasts and checked it out. That led me to listening to the rest of Breaking Good, then a bunch of their other shows, which really set me on the path to being the "obsesses over TV way too much" kinda person I am today.

Dee
  • I was wading through a sea of darkness. One day, I saw a spark of light and started walking towards it. Eventually, upon reaching it, I heard two voices speaking to me in a tone that was comforting. I have never left the light source since. 
    letrbuck2006ChinaskiDeebazjenster
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    KingKobra said:
    I was wading through a sea of darkness. One day, I saw a spark of light and started walking towards it. Eventually, upon reaching it, I heard two voices speaking to me in a tone that was comforting. I have never left the light source since. 
    Yeah I was pretty high when I found them too
    letrbuck2006SomeBiscuitChinaskiDummy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got SUPER hooked on Justified and found my first taste of podcasts that were devoted to a single show through Joanna Robinson and Ryan McGee's pod and when that well ran dry I started digging for a Justified podcast and found J&A and they just did it just perfectly for my tastes. The sort of secret sauce that they just nail down is that intersection of great free-wheelin conversation along with their intelligence and intuitiveness and hell, they way they just "get it." Justified lead to Walking Dead which lead to the Leftovers and Fargo and then their podcast motivated me to get caught up on Game of Thrones (so very glad that I did for both the show and their downright amazing coverage) and really I check out pretty much everything they're doing. 

I've tried other podcast teams and I've just been too spoiled. No one does it like J&A. They're the best there is. Hands down.
    Chinaskichuck1991
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 9
    I was really into The Walking Dead and had been looking for a good podcast that covered it.  I'd listened to Jason & Karen's 'cast a few times, then found Watching Dead and never looked back.  The flow between Jim & Aron, the obvious ease of conversation, the humor, as well as their knowledge about the show and their insights really all hooked me.  It was like I was listening to my friends just kick back & talk about it, and I found it really appealing.  This was way back, nearly 4 years ago.  Now I'm Team Bald Move for life.  :) :heart:
    Travisletrbuck2006ChinaskiDummyNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    last year i searched for a random podcast to help better understand Legion during some of the more confusing parts and voila, bald move! at the time i had just finished the first 2 seasons of Fargo and noticed they had covered that show so i listened (it was almost like doing a re-watch which was cool). then the commissioned podcasts were discovered and i instantly became a member. next thing i know i'm asking the community for their thoughts on burritos and sandwiches.. and the rest is history!

TravisMichelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited March 9
    From @pavlovsbell originally, around the end of BrBa, then recognized the name when searching for TWD podcasts in the middle of S4.
    TravisMichelle
  • Chinaski said:
    last year i searched for a random podcast to help better understand Legion during some of the more confusing parts and voila, bald move! at the time i had just finished the first 2 seasons of Fargo and noticed they had covered that show so i listened (it was almost like doing a re-watch which was cool). then the commissioned podcasts were discovered and i instantly became a member. next thing i know i'm asking the community for their thoughts on burritos and sandwiches.. and the rest is history!

So my question to you, when you say "during some of the more confusing parts" do you mean the entire show??? I really did enjoy the show but I was completely lost the majority of the show.  That's another one I'm planning on re-watching and listening to the coverage before season 2 comes out.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @letrbuck2006 - i watched the first several episodes and 'got' most of it, but yeah there were some parts that completely lost me. so when i started listening to the BM Legion coverage it was cool to hear that I wasn't alone with some of the 'huh?' moments and their perspective on some of these moments made the show more enjoyable (at least for me).
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    KingKobra said:
    I was wading through a sea of darkness. One day, I saw a spark of light and started walking towards it. Eventually, upon reaching it, I heard two voices speaking to me in a tone that was comforting. I have never left the light source since. 
    And we are all blessed for it. 
    KingKobra
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 9
    S2 The Walking Dead - I was only barely aware of podcasts; I’d listened to the Ricky Gervais ones and that was it. I was on iTunes looking for an episode of TWD I had missed, I think, and Watching Dead came up in my search. And I thought “Ooh, people talking about a show I like? What is this new thing?” I liked them immediately and here I am however many years later. 
  • It's pretty cool seeing how everyone joined up.  For me, it was Westworld this past summer.  About half way through the series I had so many questions, and hence found their podcast just doing a search on Podcast Addict.  After loving the way they did their podcasts, I stated listening to other podcasts for shows I'm watching like GOT, Stranger Things and TWD. 

They also opened my eyes up to other great shows that I never watched like Breaking Bad and The Leftovers which are now two of my all time favorite shows.  I'm working my way through season 3 of The Leftovers now and after each episode, I pull up their recap.  I'm so grateful to these guys for talking about these shows in other podcasts and the baldies!

This week I joined the Club!  Thank you boys!  Keep up the great work.
    DeeChinaskiNoel
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    I was looking for a Fargo podcast, I actually found a different one, but it was hard to listen to and I didn’t care for it, but I listened, then stumbled here by accident when I searched for the other one on ITunes and clicked the icon for the BM Fargo and selected the episode. I was hooked immediately and have been a regular listener when either my shows are on or a movie I’ve watched hits the commissioned line up 
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Looked up movies on the podcast app and found Bald Movies. First one I had listened to was Cabin in the Woods. 
    Nothing but fun since.
    Travis
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I honestly cannot believe what a motley blend of shows lead people to us.  I'd have never guessed that Justified and Legion, for example, were people's introduction to us!  What I'm saying is, your socialization here is extremely valuable market research, please keep at it, haha.
    KingKobraChinaskiMichelleTheRealDeFoNoelTravisletrbuck2006FernNYC17sakssavvy
  • Noel said:
    KingKobra said:
    Yeah I was pretty high when I found them too
    Drugs are bad mkayyyy I learned that in college and haven’t done them since...
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    My wife would listen to them and put it on in when we would be in the car. It was Game of Thrones coverage. She said baisically - listen to these guys, they’re really funny and it’s just 2 friends talking. Then she would start playing lunches cause she was a member. ‘Check this out- they just shoot the shit about anything although sometimes they get down these video game rabbit holes.’

I started listening myself for GoT and Walking Dead at first.  I also thought it was funny how A.Ron talks exactly like my pal, the singer in my old band, who is smart and articulate as a fellow English major, but also with a bit of command in his voice cause he’s lawyer.  But really also they have the same inflections & cadence. It was uncanny. I even told my pal ‘dude this guy sounds exactly like you haha’

Then during Save Bald Move I became a member because I felt strongly that I should support what I consume.  After that I quickly became the attention whore that I am now on the forums.

My wife also played me the BY stuff and I was like wow...what happened to Jim?  His BY persona was so different haha.

Final mention:  Bald Move was my 1st gateway podcast to the whole podcast universe.  I find myself listening to podcasts in the car now more often than music. 

ChinaskiMichelleTravis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    cdrive said:
    Final mention:  Bald Move was my 1st gateway podcast to the whole podcast universe.  I find myself listening to podcasts in the car now more often than music. 
    Same!  Even better if it's a road trip.  :)
    cdriveTravis
  • I was just getting into podcasts when I listened to Hardcore Game of Thrones, which was decent, but only had a few episodes. Bald Move's coverage came up as a recommendation (I think on stitcher) and the rest was basically history.

I deal with tinnitus and am always exhausting things to have to play in the background. With Bald Move I found that, for whatever reason, Jim and Aron bullshitting about pop culture was both engaging and endlessly listenable, and they nearly have the content for it. When Save Bald Move happened, it was a no-brainer to join the club, they help keep me sane.
    Travis
  • I'm another Justified podcast seeking person----> True Detective------> Game of Thrones and on we go.
    Travis