What music are you streaming?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Going back to the great days of 1981. I was in Jr High back then great arena rock albums. The new wave was just around the corner. Speaking of great radio stations L.A. had KMET 94.7.

Journey- Escape
    Styx- Paradise Theatre 
    Blue Oyster Cult- Fire Of Unknown Origin
    Foreigner- 4  
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Tonight has been all Pearl Jam especially Vitalogy.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Faith No More Friday!!
    cdriveTravis
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    New Music Friday. Iceage - Beyondless
    fidoz said:
    New Music Friday. Iceage - Beyondless
    weird, i JUST read the AllMusic review on that!
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Sleater-Kinney - All Hands On The Bad One
  • New Childish Gambino - "This Is America". Quite the fucking video. Lot's of historical context and commentary on current affairs.

Directed by Hiro Murai who directed this season of Atlanta (and also two of the best episodes of Barry).

darwinfeeshyDaveyMac
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited May 2018
    On Sunday night 5/6 I listened live to The Rodney Bingenheimer XM program. He’s on 21 Underground Garage. I’ve been listening to him off and on since 85. This past was one of the best I’ve heard music wise. He plays plays lots of music that doesn’t get played on most radio. He has been known to break bands even genres. There I a doc on him called The king Of The Sunset Strip. He goes back to helping promote Bowie in the U.S. Last nights episode is on XM on demand. I was constantly looking to see what the band was being played so I could stream it later. So much good stuff I forgot all the names. But this one band was one I’ve heard of before The Interruptrs, a ska punk thing. Anyhow if you want new music 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2jJLswL8I&feature=share

• Chinaski said:
    Faith No More Friday!!
    YES! I've decided that the next time I do karaoke (which, who knows? I haven't done it in at least 3 years) I need to take a run at Epic. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Tears For Fears situation, where about a verse in I realized that Head Over Heels is in a TERRIBLE key for me (there were no winners in the room for those 3 1/2 minutes), and Epic's hook could be quite unforgiving, but it just sounds so fun.
  • Okay to begin with, this is a great thread, cause I really need new inspiration for my playlist!      :D     So thx. (I have changed my user name btw, cause I'm going to be a tiny bit more of a "public person" soon, but hopefully some of the old members here might recognize my pic...:P ).

Anyway, as a Swede, I have been very focused on one thing  the last 2 weeks.... Avicii... Since he passed away tragically at age only 28.. :'(  With a quite big international success in his short life. And I don't even particularly like EDM! (Electronic dance music). But, I have had to admit through the years , that quite a few of his tracks are very well created/mixed, and really makes me want to dance/ (jump around awkwardly, in my case). So, I thought I would contribute to spread his legacy in the small way that I can, here. I'll list the songs I've listened to most the last 2 weeks: 

1. Without you (feat. Sandro Cavazza)       Honestly, this song makes me want to cry, and dance - at the same time!
    2. Levels     'nuff said, a great, great tune for the club, the pre-drinking with friends at home, anytime party-mode!
    3. Hey Brother      This song really moves me, since, well, I have a brother, and it portrays really well how a sibling's relationship can feel. 
    4. The nights    In this song, the lyrics talk about what you learn from your father, it really moves me in similar ways as no.3. And, weirdly, it is also a good song to dance to... 

(If anyone is into good documentaries about interesting persons, and tragic destinies, I wholeheartedly recommend Avicii: True Stories, on Netflix and maybe other places online. A truly great docu, moving, interesting, shocking, tragic, beautiful...).  

Another song by another artist that has really moved me in these last couple weeks is "Fickle game" by Amber, which I happened to hear on TV recently. It is really touching I think, for those who are contemplating life, etc.       :)
    Cheers/Sandy.

kingbee67
  • edited May 2018
    Acid Rap really is peak Chance The Rapper. Definitely one of the seminal hip-hop albums of this decade (2010-20).

DaveyMac
    in a Massive Attack mood so visiting 1998 and listening to Mezzanine

darwinfeeshybizmarkiefaderMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Cibo Matto - Sunday Part II 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Horrorpops - Bring It On!
    kingbee67
    Beulah - Handsome Western Letdown.. man, i love this album
    fidozcdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I've been getting back into Skyzoo recently, nice to hear some more classic sounding hip hop with all the heavily  produced and electronic stuff that's been popular recently. He's ghostwritten songs for tons of high profile rappers but never really broke out himself for whatever reason.

Chinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 2018
    I was faced with the question recently: Is Imagine Dragons the new Coldplay? I have deemed this conundrum "The Oatmeal Ouroboros."

Also, today's song of the day: 
    Chinaskikingbee67
    Travis said:
    I was faced with the question recently: Is Imagine Dragons the new Coldplay? I have deemed this conundrum "The Oatmeal Ouroboros."
    that's like asking, 'is syphilis the new gonorrhea?'
    Travisken hale
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 2018
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    that's like asking, 'is syphilis the new gonorrhea?'
    Ha! Though, let's hope ID doesn't have the lasting power of gonorrhea. Ha! (isn't that the one that never actually goes away, just lies dormant in the system?)

Is "medium gray" the "off white"?

Chinaski
    new Beach House, '7' will be listened to today with headphones
    Traviscdrivekingbee67
  • NICE! I didn't know it had come out yet. I like the track they pre-released. I'll have to spin that up as well.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    in a Massive Attack mood so visiting 1998 and listening to Mezzanine

*loooooooove*  Add some Thievery Corporation's The Richest Man in Babylon album to that... ahhh, ♥
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    new Beach House, '7' will be listened to today with headphones
    Yus!  Been looking forward to that one since they teased us w/ Dive
    Travis
  • Steve Malkmus is on the most recent episode of the Watch. Just in case that interests anybody. I was really digging it, about half way through his section, but paused it because lunch started. Good stuff.
  • I guess the dude from Frightened Rabbit died. Sounds like he might have committed suicide. Really sucks, man. I don't know much about him. I guess he has long suffered from depression. 

Travis said:
    I guess the dude from Frightened Rabbit died. Sounds like he might have committed suicide. Really sucks, man. I don't know much about him. I guess he has long suffered from depression. 

oh wow. last i heard he was 'missing'. that's a real bummer :(
    Travis
    edited May 2018
    I've had so many interruptions today that I finally just finished the Lunch podcast.  Ever since I mentioned it earlier today, I've been wanting to listen to that TC album.  So, yeah.. right now, Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man in Babylon.

The only thing is - this version of Un Simple Histoire is way too slow for me after hearing the remix years ago.  I love this version a lot more:

• TravisTravis CA
    edited May 2018
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    I guess the dude from Frightened Rabbit died. Sounds like he might have committed suicide. Really sucks, man. I don't know much about him. I guess he has long suffered from depression. 

oh wow. last i heard he was 'missing'. that's a real bummer :(
    Yeah, I guess they found a body. In my limited looking I haven't seen anyone directly say that he killed himself, but they're saying everything but that. Repeated references to his bouts with depression. Just sucks, man. I remember hearing Swim Until You Can't See Land for the first time and having that "who the hell are theses guys. This is great!" moment. They had some really great tunes. Like I said, I don't know much about him, but what I've read paints him as a really, really great guy. He sure was talented. It's a real bummer.
    I'm on a whole thing now... Portishead's first album (their best), Dummy.

About that Frightened Rabbits singer - apparently the police made a statement this morning that it was him.
    Travis
    Michelle said:
    I'm on a whole thing now... Portishead's first album (their best), Dummy.

About that Frightened Rabbits singer - apparently the police made a statement this morning that it was him.
    ah yes! that Dummy album is great! the self follow up is good too! 

and real sad new re: Frightened Rabbits singer. shit really bums me out 
    Michelle