What music are you streaming?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited May 2018
    It took me a few listens to get it but I'm all in for Ghost. This song did it.  

nice Echo and the Bunnymen cover on Nocturnal Me.
    DoubleA_Ron
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Sugar - File Under: Easy Listening. hello 1994!
    kingbee67
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited May 2018
    I don’t remember if I mentioned this before. On the local radio station  I’ve been listening to Jonesies Jukebox when I’m in the car in the afternoon. I don’t know if this show is syndicated but if you see it check it out. 
    Steve Jones Of The Sex Pistols has about two hours of music and interviews. He gets good guest has some stories and is himself. 

i guess its its out there for streaming 95.5 klos
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX

kingbee67
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Dylan and The Band - The Basement Tapes
    yesterday on my drive home i was listening to sports radio. commercials came on so i decided to shuffle through the FM stations. stumbled across a 90's hip hop station. let's just say Warren G Regulators came on and i still know all the words.
    fidozTraviscdrive
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Whoever it was that sold their Shins, Iron & Wine and Modest Mouse record collections to my local shop yesterday, I really appreciate it. I gobbled up the majority of those.
    cdriveChinaskiTravis
    fidoz said:
    Whoever it was that sold their Shins, Iron & Wine and Modest Mouse record collections to my local shop yesterday, I really appreciate it. I gobbled up the majority of those.
    score! lonesome crowded west? if so, do the Cockroach Dance! yeah!!
    Travis
  • fidoz said:
    Oh Inverted World is still a top 10 all timer in my book, and I really think Wincing the Night Away is criminally underappreciated.
    Chinaskifidoz
    New albums releasing this Friday that I will be streaming:

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks – Sparkle Hard
    Parquet Courts – Wide Awake!
    Matthew Sweet – Tomorrow’s Daughter

ChinaskiTravis
  • @cdrive Yeah, I'll be dialing up Sparkle Hard at the jump tomorrow. I'm pretty psyched for it. I wasn't aware of the other two. Maybe my whole day has a map now. Thanks for the heads up!
    cdrive
    @Travis No problemo amigo.  Yeh I'm stoked about the Malkmus record dropping.  In the words of Bart Scott, "Cant wait."

Travis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Man, I've been ignoring this thread for way too long! A lot of great stuff in here! Anybody into Vulfpeck? A lot of it is very cheesy and a little wanky/show-offy (the bass player is an incredible beast) but dammit, I really love it.

https://youtu.be/DRdnpKRvMwI
    Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited May 2018
    I'm copycatting @Chinaski and going back to the 90s, this time with Frente! - Marvin the Album (an old favorite).

ChinaskiTravis
    @cdrive - great idea on posting upcoming albums for the week! i appoint you CEO of this task going forward :p

here's something that will date me.. you guys remember when new albums came out on Tuesday's and not Friday's?
    MurderbearMichellecdriveTravis
    Chinaski said:
    here's something that will date me.. you guys remember when new albums came out on Tuesday's and not Friday's?
    Oh yes! It's STILL weird to me that they don't come out on Tuesdays anymore! When I was growing up, I lived about four blocks from Phil's Records in Fort Thomas, Ky and loved going up there Monday evenings just before close because depending on who was working they might have put some stuff out early.

They would also occasionally put promotional cds (that still had the giant NOT FOR SALE-FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY sticker on the front) in the used bin and occasionally you'd luck out and find something cool way before it was actually supposed to come out.

I had a lot of good times spending wayyyyyyy too much time and money in that store.
    MichelleTravis
    Aw @Murderbear you totally gave me the nostalgia feels... back in my Bay Area years I used to visit a little store called Rasputin's (I think they had a handful of stores around the Bay Area - I don't think mine was the only one, but I could be wrong).  Anyway, they had a ton of new CD's and old, plus vinyl and cassettes.  I miss leafing through their selection.  I'm not sure if they're still open but I'd give anything to go through their used CDs again.  They always had some great finds.
    MurderbearTravis
    Michelle said:
    Aw @Murderbear you totally gave me the nostalgia feels... back in my Bay Area years I used to visit a little store called Rasputin's (I think they had a handful of stores around the Bay Area - I don't think mine was the only one, but I could be wrong).  Anyway, they had a ton of new CD's and old, plus vinyl and cassettes.  I miss leafing through their selection.  I'm not sure if they're still open but I'd give anything to go through their used CDs again.  They always had some great finds.
    Rasputin's! i spent ALOT of time in a number of em. in Concord, San Lorenzo, Campbell, and of course the big ass one in Berkeley! that sound of going through the used CD racks "click, click click click <stop, pull out the cd in that plastic security holder, turn it around, look at the track listing, and either hold on to it or put it back> click click click"
    MurderbearMichelleTravis
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Rasputin's! i spent ALOT of time in a number of em. in Concord, San Lorenzo, Campbell, and of course the big ass one in Berkeley! that sound of going through the used CD racks "click, click click click <stop, pull out the cd in that plastic security holder, turn it around, look at the track listing, and either hold on to it or put it back> click click click"
    YES!!  I miss that click click click click *stop*!  Sooo many of my CD's (yes, I still have a ton, I know, I know...  lol) came from those bins.  It was also so great for replacing discs that broke, warped, or were lost to your friends 'borrowing' them permanently.  :)   Remember all of the huge posters they had up all over the walls?
    ChinaskiTravis
    And when you're like 15 years old, can you imagine having a cooler job than working in a record store?? I was determined to get a job there.

Phil had a small empire and was the go to guy for albums in the area. Back in the day he had 4 stores between Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. After 2007~8 or so, he was down to one and it was maybe a quarter of the size it used to be. It felt so sad slowly watching it dwindle.
    MichelleChinaskiTravis
    @Michelle - oh yeah for sure, big ass posters, a wall of random band t-shirts that no one bought and place reeking of patchouli oil.

@Murderbear - did you eventually get a job there?

MichelleMurderbearTravis
    edited May 2018
    And when you're like 15 years old, can you imagine having a cooler job than working in a record store?? I was determined to get a job there.

Phil had a small empire and was the go to guy for albums in the area. Back in the day he had 4 stores between Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. After 2007~8 or so, he was down to one and it was maybe a quarter of the size it used to be. It felt so sad slowly watching it dwindle.
    We have a local store that is facing the same problem.  It's only ever been one store though, but it's been open for like 40 years.  Now they're struggling to stay in business.  It's sad to see.  I will say though, their selection is wayyyyyy too eclectic, so they don't really appeal to the wide variety of music fan that they could if they broadened their selection of genres/artists.  Still, :cry: .
    Murderbear
    @Chinaski Nope. Those guys were definitely way too cool for me! Ha
    ChinaskiMichelleTravis
    Man, thinking about Phil's also reminds me of something you never have to do anymore, standing in line early in the morning for concert tickets. Eventually some of the Kroger stores in the area got Ticketmaster but for a long time, Phil's was your only choice.

And, did you see that Nine Inch Nails is making it so that the only way you can get tickets for their upcoming tour, is to buy the tickets in person? I get it, you want to cut down on scalpers buying them up and making sure the actual fans get the tickets but that's such a pain in the ass. NIN are in my top three favorite bands of all time. I also live by a city they've been to, three times in the last thirty years? I thought about driving to Nashville for the show but I sure as hell am not going to drive there just to buy tickets and then turn around drive back down there for the show. 
    ChinaskiMichelleTravis
    edited May 2018
    Man, thinking about Phil's also reminds me of something you never have to do anymore, standing in line early in the morning for concert tickets. Eventually some of the Kroger stores in the area got Ticketmaster but for a long time, Phil's was your only choice.

And, did you see that Nine Inch Nails is making it so that the only way you can get tickets for their upcoming tour, is to buy the tickets in person? I get it, you want to cut down on scalpers buying them up and making sure the actual fans get the tickets but that's such a pain in the ass. NIN are in my top three favorite bands of all time. I also live by a city they've been to, three times in the last thirty years? I thought about driving to Nashville for the show but I sure as hell am not going to drive there just to buy tickets and then turn around drive back down there for the show. 
    Tower Records!  My friends and I would camp out overnight for some shows, or yeah, line up super early for others.  I miss Tower!

And I hear ya about having to drive to buy tickets in person for a future show.  I'm 5 hours away from the Bay Area now, so I'd have to drive there, buy the tickets, probably make an overnight trip of it, then drive home, but that's a pain.  Plus, it would cost me not only the amount for the tickets, but also a hotel stay plus gas and meals.  Sigh.  I'll stick with Ticketmaster.  But Nine Inch Nails though..... 
    MurderbearChinaskiTravis
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    New albums releasing this Friday that I will be streaming:

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks – Sparkle Hard
    Parquet Courts – Wide Awake!
    Matthew Sweet – Tomorrow’s Daughter

Don't forget Courtney Barnett's new one.
    Travis
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Travis said:
    fidoz said:
    Oh Inverted World is still a top 10 all timer in my book, and I really think Wincing the Night Away is criminally underappreciated.
    I love both of those but I think Chutes Too Narrow is their masterpiece. 
    ChinaskiTravis
    @Michelle - there was Tower Records, but remember The Warehouse? man, this thread is taking me down memory lane to the max!
    MurderbearTravisMichelle
    @Michelle And I can't imagine driving four hours just to buy tickets and they sell out before I get one. I would explode. I saw them in 2006 the last time they came here and I really hope it's not the last time!
    TravisMichelle
    edited May 2018
    Chinaski said:
    @cdrive - great idea on posting upcoming albums for the week! i appoint you CEO of this task going forward :p

I totally remember this.  We're old dude.  

I also remember waiting in line at Tower Records on the drag in Austin for a new album.  CD of course.

And also getting concert tickets at Foley's, a department store, or Fiesta, a grocery store. 
    fidoz