811 - Dead or Alive Or

Rutabaga or Noogies or Shin Splits or Purplest Nurps OR

Comments

• Pretty meh. Too much Tara, Eugene and Dr. Discount William H Macy.
    TaraC73Deek_Fasayrusskelly
  • MonicaMonica DC
    edited March 12
    I'm just glad they are showing multiple story lines so the show doesn't limp along. Tara is such a hypocrite because she said people can't switch sides...Hello Tara?!?! The Governor is on line 1. 
    hall1114kingbee67Alkaid13Deek_Fasayhisdudeness915lengmoMurderbearrusskellyFlukes
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    As if the writers even remember that Tara switched sides before. Memories of goldfish. 
    voodoorat
    These titles keep getting worse and worse. 
    Deek_Fasay
  • I used to watch the episode on it's own, and then watch it with the Baldmove live watch later.  Now I'm only interested in watching the live watch, and I don't even pay attention to all of that.  WTF happened to this show?
  • I stopped watching ages ago, but I saw a funny headline on facebook by someone who reviewed this episode....

"5 pounds of story in a 10 pound bag"

So...nothing's changed, eh?
  • edited March 12
    Another episode with multiple story lines - great. Have they been listening to the criticism ?

Whilst not a heart pounding ep. I still liked it.

2 thing tho..

Gabriels 'God will tell us what to do next' got a bit tiresome.

Where did Rosita turn up from to confront Tara after Dwight went away with the saviours ?
    I thought she was in the swamp at the time.

But apart from that the rest of the ep. did move the story along for me.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Why drop the sound when Daryl tells everyone about what happened at Alexandria just let him tell them. It wasnt artistically cut or anything unless Daryl has a bonus if he goes over a certain number of lines in an episode. But hey if thats what im bitching about the show has taken a turn for the better until we get a bottle episode.

Tara was super annoying this episode and i dont think i need to see her for a long time 
  • tara, tara, tara.  you're not interesting enough to be this annoying.
    Pangssean321
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    tabs64 said:

Gabriels 'God will tell us what to do next' got a bit tiresome.

Where did Rosita turn up from to confront Tara after Dwight went away with the saviours ?
    I thought she was in the swamp at the time.

But apart from that the rest of the ep. did move the story along for me.
    Even if God leaves you keys to a car and a map to where you want to go in a piggy bank you happen to break, you still need to watch your six.  I agree it became annoying; perhaps he wasn't in his right mind with the infection.

For budget reasons, they only killed ~5 walkers to clear a way through the swamp, so Rosita was out of the swamp in no time.

I'm glad JDM's performance continues to be restrained and Negan seems ready to get rid of some resources (people) to end the war.  Jesus is out scavenging; wonder if he will find a guns and ammo cache?

If the WD team can deliver episodes like this one and last week's through the end of the season I'd say they are back to being bad-to-OK TV, a massive turn around from where they were before.
  • Tara was horrible.
    Gabriel was just too much pounding of the same theme repetitively.
    The Negan and Eugene stuff was okay (bullets only being an issue sporadically aside).
    Hilltop stuff was okay, but I don’t know where they’re going with this food emergency. Quarter-rations are tough, and how much food could Jesus scavenge? Maybe a huge save from Oceanside or whatever food is left in the trash heap coming.

Mediocre overall, but that’s a step up from 2017.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    What was up with the butthole cam? I mean, I get what they were going for but did it have to look just like a butthole?
    Yeah I feel like super blurry cam would’ve achieved a similar result. 
    Murderbear
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited March 13
    LordBy said:

The Negan and Eugene stuff was okay (bullets only being an issue sporadically aside).

Agreed, not sure why the need any bullets at all. Seems like no matter how many times a group gets their guns taken away or spend all their ammo, then always have as much guns and ammo as needed for the situation.

And if Hilltop is no longer giving Negan whatever high percent of their output they normally do, shouldn't there be plenty of stuff to eat?

Maybe the big twist this season is Maggie goes full Terminus and starts serving up and eating the Savior prisoners. She becomes the actual BigBad™ of season 8 and Rick and Negan have to team up to stop her. Their final offer for her to surrender is a dumptruck full of fresh hamburger courtesy of Jadis.
    letrbuck2006
  • So they are going for the walker blood tipped arrows plot line? These people are constantly cutting themselves on walkers with rebar sticking out of them not to mention the holy shit moment when Sasha almost stabbed abraham with a bloody zombie knife back in season 5 and no one has ever gotten sick. 
    Pangsvoodoorat
    jleav382 said:
    So they are going for the walker blood tipped arrows plot line? These people are constantly cutting themselves on walkers with rebar sticking out of them not to mention the holy shit moment when Sasha almost stabbed abraham with a bloody zombie knife back in season 5 and no one has ever gotten sick. 
    I think that's why Gabriel is sick from having guts on his clothes. So they can conveniently now show how dangerous these guts are to people. They are like food and ammo, only important when necessary to the plot.
    voodoorat
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    jleav382 said:
    So they are going for the walker blood tipped arrows plot line? These people are constantly cutting themselves on walkers with rebar sticking out of them not to mention the holy shit moment when Sasha almost stabbed abraham with a bloody zombie knife back in season 5 and no one has ever gotten sick. 
    Yes, never mind the near constant wearing of zombie guts by the FTWD folks.

In fairness a) perhaps the lifecycle of the zombie virus is such that older zombie guts are more infectious and b) it's added an additional element of danger to zombies/the world, which helps the show.
    I mean more likely they just make zombie guts as dangerous as the plot needs them to be at any given time. 
  • I see some people suggest that this was a decent episode or at least a step up. No no no no NO. Bad acting , the kid is just awful , bad staging , acts of stupidity (the doctor reaching for the gun ) annoying characters (especially Tara and Eugene, their deaths could not come quick enough, mopey Morgan  ). Just because an episode is not god awful still makes it awful. So much stupid , why didn’t Tara just kill Dwight ( because plot ) , why is Maggie letting prisoners out when anyone would know that’s a bad idea etc... and seriously I’m getting sick of Negans posturing , God I hate this show and the fact I still watch it makes me almost as stupid as the writing on this show. I can only hope A.Ron and Jim make it worth it but ripping it apart and giving me the cathartis I need. Rant over.
  • Now this is the type of TWD I’d become used to at BM....I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ at the episode, wasn’t horrible, wasn’t good, it was meh. Gabe has had his character founded on his faith, not sure why folks would have an issue with that. Has he lead himself astray, yup, but he always goes back to his faith. 
  • When is carl getting greyed out? 
  • Spookycat4Spookycat4 Baltimore
    davemcb said:
    Why drop the sound when Daryl tells everyone about what happened at Alexandria just let him tell them. It wasnt artistically cut or anything unless Daryl has a bonus if he goes over a certain number of lines in an episode. But hey if thats what im bitching about the show has taken a turn for the better until we get a bottle episode.

Hey, they "just lost the kid." It's not like we've been following his character for 8 years. It's not like most people believed until recently, that it was his story. Thirty seconds of silence and Enid crying, what more do you want?
  • Holy...I stopped watching after Coral died, but I still get some sick pleasure out of listening to the cast. Listening to the recaps provides enough plot and imagery for me to imagine the buffoonery that is TWD. About halfway through this week's cast, I kept wondering if Jim or Aron was going to pull a "Fuck it, I'm done with this shit!!!" and storm off. 

Agree that it is the ultimate meta show. The zombies were the walking dead. Then the cast became the walking dead. Now, the audience is the walking dead. Can't wait for the season 12 podcast!
    Kela15
  • iMatty94 said:
    When is carl getting greyed out? 
    I greyed him out after the mid-season premiere.  There's probably some image caching happening in your podcast app.
  • Jim said:
    iMatty94 said:
    When is carl getting greyed out? 
    I greyed him out after the mid-season premiere.  There's probably some image caching happening in your podcast app.
    Possibly. I have 809 and 811 but no 810. I listened on the site last week 
  • DoshyDoshy Japan
    Did anyone seriously think hey we’re going to let 2 doctors live?  
    The whole plot with him and Gabe was just filler.  What really changed about Gabe’s Character in the time it took them to escape, get lost, break down, find a hide out untouched, find medication, find a new car, step in a trap, almost get got by zombies, get recaptured and doctor killed? 

I mean they they could have let him find something useful to the war effort. (Now that I think of it, the whole plot could have been to have someone find the radio gear!). 

You know the kind of stuff that you’d never find in the D.C. area with all those agency buildings and military bases...
  • Me and my co hosts Chris and David did some bigger picure discussion 

https://entertainmenttalk.org/discussing-the-past-present-and-future-of-amcs-the-walking-dead/
    Kela15
    Doshy said:
    Did anyone seriously think hey we’re going to let 2 doctors live?
    That’s a great point. As soon as Siddiq and his medical experience showed up, Doctor Carson’s days were numbered.
    Doshy