The Highlander reboot

Chad Stahelski of John Wick fame is helming it, and it seems its final script is finished and ready for pre-production,

http://deadline.com/2018/03/highlander-reboot-gets-moving-after-colony-writer-ryan-condal-hands-in-script-1202307522/
Jovial_FalconFlukes

Comments

• But there can be only one. 
    seanrayDeeNatter Cast
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited March 12
    There Should Have Been Only One :)

Hmmm..Rameriz's name is Juan. Maybe that's why he was so sure he was going to win.

Natter Cast Podcast 232 - Highlander
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    I haven't listened to the Highlander podcast yet but I read the show note and I totally agreed. I saw that movie years ago and thought "this concept is so strong and interesting, how did they fuck up the execution so bad?" In the right hands, the franchise could be pretty awesome. I'm glad to hear Stahelski is heading this up, as the John Wicks are absolutely fantastic. At least we'll know the action sequences will be badass.
    Natter CastJovial_Falcon
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    The problem was they tried to turn it into a franchise. The parts that focus on showing Connor's life in the past (Revolutionary War, WWII, etc) are okay. When they try to explain how things work using space ships and magnets it breaks what works.
    KingKobraPangs
  • The problem was they tried to turn it into a franchise. The parts that focus on showing Connor's life in the past (Revolutionary War, WWII, etc) are okay. When they try to explain how things work using space ships and magnets it breaks what works.
    So what you’re saying is that they should just let the mystery be? ;) 

PangsNatter CastDoctor_Nick
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited March 13
    Remember your origins Highlander. Remember.... the planet Zeist. 

The problem was they tried to turn it into a franchise. The parts that focus on showing Connor's life in the past (Revolutionary War, WWII, etc) are okay. When they try to explain how things work using space ships and magnets it breaks what works.

I still remember watching a Highlander marathon with my friends never having seen 2 or 3 and literally doing a spit take when that was the opening to Highlander 2 after we had just finished 1. Serious WTF.  All I remember about 3 is the Van Peebles. I think that was 3 anyway. 
  • I was a huge Highlander fan as a child but I've always been scared to revisit it because I know in my heart they don't really hold up. I also liked the tv show, I still remember quite a few memorable characters from it with fondness.
    The concept has amazing potential and I really hope they can turn it into something quality this time!
  • The TV show had some fantastic episodes. I would put most of Methos' episodes up against the best of any show out there. Also really enjoyed Joe Dawson. Jim Byrnes is a real life blues musician who has lots of great music on Youtube if you look him up. There were always a few clunkers but also a few gems in each season. Unfortunately the last season was abysmal, and the follow on movies were likewise awful.
    Cory