Love Season 3 (Spoilers)

ShumShum Utah
edited March 13 in Other TV
I binged this last Friday and really enjoyed it.  Happy to see more stuff with Bertie and Randy.  Still not completely sure if we're supposed to be rooting for Gus and Mickey, but it does seem like they are actually pretty good for each other when they're at their best. Has anyone else checked this season out yet?

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Thanks for the reminder that this came out. I really liked the first two seasons, and it seems like it is ending at its appropriate time. It didn't seem like I show that could continue for 10 seasons. 
    Shum
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    We're halfway through it.  I find it intensely uncomfortable to watch, but it's fun in  kind of a social horror movie kind of way.  We often debate whether we're supposed to root for Gus and Mickey.  I feel like Gus is me at my consistently worse self, so I'd like for him to wake up to all the stupid shit he does, but he seems like a slow learner.  Ultimately it seems like the relationship has been a good learning experience for them both, but I doubt either of them is the "one" for the other. 
    Shum
  • Also it's the final season 
  • ShumShum Utah
    I thought I heard something about this being the final season, but I wasn't completely sure.  It makes sense in hindsight, and the final episode definitely works as a series finale.

@A_Ron_Hubbard. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the ending, and the season as a whole.  I'm guessing you and Cecily will do a Baldmove TV on it?
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I am just so glad Bertie got a dude that doesn't take advantage of her. XD She's such a sweetheart <span>:blush:</span>
    Shum
  • Ok I'm going to stay away from this thread now until I've seen it, I may have a written review of it too 
  • ShumShum Utah
    @aberry89. Agreed.  I have a soft spot for Randy and I think he's a great character, but he's a terrible boyfriend and Bertie definitely deserves better.  
  • Got around to finishing this today and I thought it was pretty good. The kinda handwaved away how awful Gus/Mickey were to each other in the first two seasons and made their relationship a little more copacetic/believable if you ignore that. That said, this show doesn't sugar coat the bad times that happen in even healthy relationships. As some someone who has been a Gus and even a Randy at times in the past it hurts a bit to see, but they do a good job of showing it from both sides.
    ShumiMatty94
    edited March 25
    I really, really enjoyed the ending they came up with. Not necessarily the initial wedding part. That seemed a bit cliche and rushed, but I was fine with it, and it wasn't out of character for either of them. I always like when series finales send me away with almost a visual postcard that helps makes me remember the show fondly. And seeing Gus & Mickey essentially eloping and happy, regardless of what the future holds did that for me.
    johnnytruantShumiMatty94
  • I really liked the way Gus finally owned up to everything in the end. The only problem I had with the final season is I figured there would be some revelation by Mickey that she slept with Dustin while Gus was away. Maybe it didn't matter? Idk
    Shum
  • ShumShum Utah
    @colbym72.  Yeah, with the way Season 2 ended I really expected the stuff with Dustin to come out at some point.  This season was definitely more interested in Gus's issues and how he deals with the fact that Mickey is actually doing really well, so maybe they just didn't have time for more Harry Crane nonsense.
    I was okay with it not coming up again (though I, also, thought it would be an issue going forward). Sometimes that stuff just floats off into the distance without nearly the ramifications that you thought it would. 
    Shum
  • I was okay with it not coming up again (though I, also, thought it would be an issue going forward). Sometimes that stuff just floats off into the distance without nearly the ramifications that you thought it would. 
    Thats fair. I just really thought it tied into the theme of being open with each other. Gus admitted to everything and it felt like a good test for their relationship would have been if they had been able to get past that
    colbym72 said:
    I was okay with it not coming up again (though I, also, thought it would be an issue going forward). Sometimes that stuff just floats off into the distance without nearly the ramifications that you thought it would. 
    Thats fair. I just really thought it tied into the theme of being open with each other. Gus admitted to everything and it felt like a good test for their relationship would have been if they had been able to get past that
    My guess is that once they decided this was their last season, they didn't want want to spend it dealing with some of the cliches that conflict would bring up. I was actually happy to see them pretty happy for much of the season. They spent so much time in the previous seasons at odds over various things. 
  • Just finished it. I'm very happy with the end f and the whole Dustin thing didn't need to come up again, I'm very happy we simply got a nice happy ending