New Infinity War Trailer

edited March 16 in Movies
I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie.

Aww_PHuuCkphoenyx1023OliviaD

Comments

• LFG!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    It just dropped and it's fiyah!!! 
  • Cap v Thanos!!

• Also anyone think the movie is going to end with a snap then cut to black? That would be quite the cliffhanger.

Chinaski
  • MrX said:
    Also anyone think the movie is going to end with a snap then cut to black? That would be quite the cliffhanger.

That would be an amazing cliffhanger, and an in-universe way to get out of their more expensive actor contracts when all of a sudden everybody had been re-cast because we're now in some alternate reality  :)

Trailer looks amazing, it always gets me when they bring in the the Avengers theme hook.
  • Looks pretty good. I can't believe how many main characters there are. Some heroes are gonna end up with like 3 lines of dialogue total.

Also, I still can't believe they greenlit that look for Thanos. 
  • I skeptical of Captain America or Tony Stark will dying in this movie. Not sure if this is true, but apparently for Thanos to obtain the soul stone, he must kill someone he loves, which could be one or both of his daughters, Gamora and Nebula. While Evans and Downey jr may not be regular fixtures in the future  MCU, I suspect they'd like to leave open the possibility of either making cameo appearances in a future movie. 
  • I believe Chris Evans could beat Thanos.  Not Captain America, mind you, but Chris Evans could do it.
    TaraC73
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited March 17
    I really love that Iron-Spidey suit. Also, I am curious what the runtime on this is going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it approached 3 hours. Most Marvel flicks seem to be around 2 hours 20 minutes or so. Or maybe since it is a two-parter, they will feel free to keep it a bit more trim. 
  • I think I saw that is the longest Marvel movie runtime yet. Not surprising. This could be a 6 hour movie and still not get to all the characters...   :)
    TaraC73
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 17
    I really love that Iron-Spidey suit. Also, I am curious what the runtime on this is going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it approached 3 hours. Most Marvel flicks seem to be around 2 hours 20 minutes or so. Or maybe since it is a two-parter, they will feel free to keep it a bit more trim. 
    Nope, not trim, 2 hrs 36 min according to Fandango - tickets are on sale now.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I can’t stop watching this. Lol @ that last scene with spidey and dr strange. 
  • "Oh, we're using our fake names?"

"Bitch, Dr. Strange is my name"
    gjulleen
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    edited March 17
    I think my local drive in might be open when this comes out. That would be amazing. Looks fantastic.
    Hatorian
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    MrX said:
    Nope, not trim, 2 hrs 36 min according to Fandango - tickets are on sale now.
    redlancer said:
    I think I saw that is the longest Marvel movie runtime yet. Not surprising. This could be a 6 hour movie and still not get to all the characters...   :)
    Yeah, that is a long Marvel Movie. 
    edited March 19
    So good 

iMatty94
  • cdrive said:
    So good 

"I don't like when they talk, go back to fighting" lol 
    edited March 19
    A buddy of mine sent it to me.  I'm glad others have a weird sense of humor too! :smile:

"she hulk...pass...she hulk"  hahaa

• So how many records will this end up breaking????  Black Panther has had one hell of a run in theaters taking the 5th straight weekend now but I can't see a way that Infinity War doesn't beat what Black Panther has done.
  • So how many records will this end up breaking????  Black Panther has had one hell of a run in theaters taking the 5th straight weekend now but I can't see a way that Infinity War doesn't beat what Black Panther has done.
    Really? Because I actually have a harder time seeing Infinity War beating Black Panther's domestic gross whatever that final number will end up being. I do think it will have a bigger opening weekend and have bigger international numbers than BP but I don't know if it'll have the same legs domestically because BP is a fricking cultural phenomenon right now in the US.

Avengers may be very well a fun ride but with the amount of characters they'll have to juggle, it may ultimately get in the way of being the right quality to get as many repeat viewings as the more tightly focused BP. And Avengers will have more heavy competition in its following weeks. 

I very much can see the possibility of Infinity War making more money, but BP may be too big a hill to climb.
    darwinfeeshy
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited March 20
    Starlord is a little goofy I suppose, but he's acting verrrry Andy Dwyer in that scene with Iron Man.
  • I really love that Iron-Spidey suit. Also, I am curious what the runtime on this is going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if it approached 3 hours. Most Marvel flicks seem to be around 2 hours 20 minutes or so. Or maybe since it is a two-parter, they will feel free to keep it a bit more trim. 

I thought the initial plan was to break this movie up into 2 parts (part 1 and part 2) but since then they decided to change it and just have a sequel to this movie (maybe something like Iron Man and Iron Man 2?  Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
  • @dochielomn The sequel will have its own name instead of being called "Infinity War - Part 2", but it's still for all intents and purposes a two-part film - the only thing that's changed is the branding.
  • @dochielomn The sequel will have its own name instead of being called "Infinity War - Part 2", but it's still for all intents and purposes a two-part film - the only thing that's changed is the branding.
    Also when the first announced it as a 2-parter they planned to film both simultaneously, but later decided to instead film them sequentially, not sure if that has anything to do with the plot of just logistics.
  • MrX said:
    @dochielomn The sequel will have its own name instead of being called "Infinity War - Part 2", but it's still for all intents and purposes a two-part film - the only thing that's changed is the branding.
    Also when the first announced it as a 2-parter they planned to film both simultaneously, but later decided to instead film them sequentially, not sure if that has anything to do with the plot of just logistics.

And maybe that's what got me slightly confused.  Plus, if it's a part 1 part 2 scenario, then i guess pending the plot/ending, do we not get any other Marvel movies in between?  Because the storyline/universe sort of has to still make sense.  Can't have Thanos got all of the stones and about to destroy the world and the movie ends and then we get a different Marvel movie involving one of the characters from Infinity War and everything in that time is just fine (unless it's a origin movie or something like that).
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    adobo1148 said:
    I skeptical of Captain America or Tony Stark will dying in this movie. Not sure if this is true, but apparently for Thanos to obtain the soul stone, he must kill someone he loves, which could be one or both of his daughters, Gamora and Nebula. While Evans and Downey jr may not be regular fixtures in the future  MCU, I suspect they'd like to leave open the possibility of either making cameo appearances in a future movie. 
    IF it follows the comic (which I'm sure it won't), they should ALL die.  I'm sure that isn't spoilers because they always take multiple storylines and tweak them and then throw them into a blender.  

I'm just hoping there are some stakes to this story though, the last several MCU films have been far to jokey IMO. 

If Thanos is a real capital V Villian, I'll be happy, I'm seeing it opening weekend so I have high hopes. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 21
    MrX said:
    @dochielomn The sequel will have its own name instead of being called "Infinity War - Part 2", but it's still for all intents and purposes a two-part film - the only thing that's changed is the branding.

And maybe that's what got me slightly confused.  Plus, if it's a part 1 part 2 scenario, then i guess pending the plot/ending, do we not get any other Marvel movies in between?  Because the storyline/universe sort of has to still make sense.  Can't have Thanos got all of the stones and about to destroy the world and the movie ends and then we get a different Marvel movie involving one of the characters from Infinity War and everything in that time is just fine (unless it's a origin movie or something like that).
    We will be getting Captain Marvel in between which will be an origin story set in the 1990s, so that story can work if Thanos kills 1/2 of the universe at the end of Infinity War

Ant Man and the Wasp is coming out later this year, not sure how that will fit into the timeline.
    Really? Because I actually have a harder time seeing Infinity War beating Black Panther's domestic gross whatever that final number will end up being. I do think it will have a bigger opening weekend and have bigger international numbers than BP but I don't know if it'll have the same legs domestically because BP is a fricking cultural phenomenon right now in the US.

Avengers may be very well a fun ride but with the amount of characters they'll have to juggle, it may ultimately get in the way of being the right quality to get as many repeat viewings as the more tightly focused BP. And Avengers will have more heavy competition in its following weeks. 

I very much can see the possibility of Infinity War making more money, but BP may be too big a hill to climb.
    I will admit I might have jumped the gun on expectations.  With the new trailer, preordering tickets for the Thursday night showing and all the talks with my friends that are highly interested increased my hype of the movie right away and may have skewed my thoughts at that point in time.  Coming back to reality I will be very curious to see how it does compared to Black Panther as like you said Black Panther is a huge cultural phenomenon which probably has brought in a lot of people to see that that aren't as invested in the MCU.  Also I think Infinity War will have a lot tougher competition when it comes down to leading consecutive weekends in the box office.  I have a feeling it will hit quite the wall when Solo comes out plus that's 5 weekends after it comes out I believe which it will have lost a lot of steam at that point.  Thanks for challenging my thoughts and bringing me back to real world.  
  • MrX said:

Ant Man and the Wasp is coming out later this year, not sure how that will fit into the timeline.
    Ant-man & The Wasp is set after Infinity War II / Avengers 4, and opens with the throw-away line of Ant-Man saying "How about that Infinity stone war thing, huh? How crazy was that!" and then is never mentioned again  :)
  • Another reason to be hyped for Infinity War - it was just revealed that Carrie Coon is playing Proxima Midnight (part of Thanos' supervillain squad)!

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/avengers-infinity-war-carrie-coon-proxima-midnight/amp/