SEA OF THIEVES!!!!

russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
edited March 17 in Gaming
I thought there was already a thread for this, but I couldn't find it. My apologies if it is somewhere and I didn't see it...

YO, I have been watching Beta playthroughs all damn afternoon and I am very excited about this game. I just preordered it. I know Aron mentioned he was going to be playing it all day Tuesday. Anybody else going to play? Let's put some Bald crews together. I'm super chill. I won't back stab ya. Also, is there a way a bunch of us can play in the same game but not be on the same crew? we could build a Bald Move Armada and rule the seas!

Comments

• From what I have watched of the Beta there is not nearly enough content to make this game interesting beyond a couple hours of play. They will have to add so much to this game to make it great, and they might do that. 
    russkelly
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Wait... You can back stab people in this game? Alright, I'm in.
    russkelly
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    From what I have watched of the Beta there is not nearly enough content to make this game interesting beyond a couple hours of play. They will have to add so much to this game to make it great, and they might do that. 
    That's my chief concern as well. There is no end game. But on the other hand, I used to only expect to get a few dozen hours out of any one game, so I'd be fine with that if that's all it is .
  • From what I have watched of the Beta there is not nearly enough content to make this game interesting beyond a couple hours of play. They will have to add so much to this game to make it great, and they might do that. 
    That's my chief concern as well. There is no end game. But on the other hand, I used to only expect to get a few dozen hours out of any one game, so I'd be fine with that if that's all it is .
    I'm kind of surprised this is being developed by Rare, because I keep seeing flashes of No Man's Sky in it - game coming out with massive hype behind it, that looks to be very thin on mechanics and stuff to actually, you know, do. If you had told me this was an indie game that was originally gonna be like $20 that got picked up by a publisher, had tons of money poured into marketing it, and was suddenly a $60 game without a lot of increase in gameplay, I'd totally believe you.

This does not seem like a $60 game to me. It feels (from the outside looking in, at beta footage) like a $20 game that you just want to get a few hours of fun with your friends out of every few months. 
    russkelly
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Just watched the beginning of the Twitch stream the guys did today.  When they started puking on each other....in the game....I almost had to close my office door so nobody walked in me losing it.  Hilarious. 

It's about 40 minutes into the 4 hour video after they worked out the tech glitches.
    russkellydarwinfeeshy
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    DrKen said:
    When they started puking on each other....in the game....I almost had to close my office door so nobody walked in me losing it.  Hilarious. 
    Or when A.Ron causally blows a hole in the ship just to see what happens.
    That's usually a Jim move.  I had to do it before he would.
    DrKen said:
    Just watched the beginning of the Twitch stream the guys did today.  When they started puking on each other....in the game....I almost had to close my office door so nobody walked in me losing it.  Hilarious. 

It's about 40 minutes into the 4 hour video after they worked out the tech glitches.
    Dude, thanks for the timecode.  I popped in just to watch a few minutes.  Rarely do I laugh at our own stuff, but holy moly seeing it from Jim's perspective too was magic.  I can't stop laughing.
    DoubleA_Ron
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Yeah, that was fun watching you guys. Good job.
  • First couple of battles were pretty sweet.  Can't wait to see when you guys have more people playing with you
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I hate that I missed watching this live.  Freaking hilarious!
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I watched a couple Giant Bomb streams of this and it looks super cool but also that there isn't a ton of variety or goals? How are people feeling about this game so far?
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    This visuals of the game are Amazing.  Art style is a lot like Jak & Daxter.  The battles look really fun, but you would have a big advantage with a 3rd person to patch and bilge.

Of course, the fetch quests are pretty lame-- "dig up this chest", "collect these chickens", etc-- so why not get drunk, play some music, and vomit on each other instead?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    As someone who isn't skilled on the games that take a higher caliber of technical knowledge, this game seems like one I could play - except, I can't imagine it would be easy to play as a single player.  If you damage your boat, you'd have to bust butt to repair it and bail out all of the water quickly before you sink.  Is this meant to be a game for a minimum of 2 players?

I do like the graphics.  The sun on the water is really pretty and as someone had mentioned, the water itself looks pretty good.  And the richness of color is nice.
    Went from a content drought to a content ocean. Got some content puke in there too.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    The snakes are annoying as hell.  They're all still and then you shoot and they dodge the bullet like some Matrix bullshit.

And look at those a-holes too!  Smug as hell with that stupid smile!

russkelly
  • https://www.twitch.tv/videos/242083152

Was watching Burkeblack and he has a pretty awesome encounter with a Kraken!
    russkellydaveh
  • I’m thinking about starting a Bald Move Club on Xbox. Anyone interested in joining if I do?  I think it will help fellow Bald Movers play Sea of Thieves together.
    russkellycdrive
    I’m thinking about starting a Bald Move Club on Xbox. Anyone interested in joining if I do?  I think it will help fellow Bald Movers play Sea of Thieves together.
    I'm down.
    edited March 25
    ^^^Well now, at 1:16 seems relevant:

I'm RusselKelly on xbox. It'd be fun to play with some of y'all. I finally got to play with my brother in law for a little bit and that was way better than solo. LOL!
    Jacques DuLoup
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    is it true that the game has a lack of content? i want to get it for xbox but worried it won't be worth the 60. i mean PlayersB was only 30. 

https://screenrant.com/sea-thieves-repetitive-shallow-artist-rare/
    gguenot
    Hatorian said:
    is it true that the game has a lack of content? i want to get it for xbox but worried it won't be worth the 60. i mean PlayersB was only 30. 

https://screenrant.com/sea-thieves-repetitive-shallow-artist-rare/
    I'm over the game, TBH. It'd just be cool to play with y'all. It's free on game pass.
  • I created a club on Xbox, it is called Bald Move.  Jim, A.Ron do we have permission to use an image of the Bald Move logo for the main image of the club?
    russkelly
    Yeah man, I'm cool with it.  Do us proud.
    gguenot
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ok I figured out the Twitch Bits thing and now I feel like a total dick for donating 10 bits.  Like I basically left 7 pennies on the table at a restaurant.  My bad. I'll just stick to regular gifts and donations from time to time.  
    Hey man, it's all fun.  We're primarily doing this to increase the amount of publicly visible you tube content we produce.  I think it's fun when people are just throwing micro cheers and bits around.  
    cdriveMichellejtmy92
  • gguenot said:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/242083152

Was watching Burkeblack and he has a pretty awesome encounter with a Kraken!
    Oh man that was intense. 
    russkelly
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    @Jim any chance we can get some of the earlier streams uploaded to YouTube before they fall off Twitch?  They're great for watching / listening while working.

Also, anyone know the name of the Twitch client for Roku?
  • @Jim any chance we can get some of the earlier streams uploaded to YouTube before they fall off Twitch?  They're great for watching / listening while working.

Also, anyone know the name of the Twitch client for Roku?
    I don’t know about Roku, but it may be the same as for Apple TV - “Twitchy”. I’d argue it’s better than the original Twitch app