What if?

What if you could wipe your memory and watch one TV show from start to finish again. You would be able to enjoy all the epic moments for the first time again. What would you choose? Personally I would choose Chapelle's Show. Greatest comedic show ever. Would love to be able to watch Rick James, Prince, black bush, blind black KKK member for the first time.
Travis

Comments

• Although Simpsons season 3-9 would be a close second.
    Travis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Lost.

Omg, to experience Locke banging away on the hatch and the light coming on again. *chicken skin* just thinking about it. And season two opener, with Desmond in the hatch... Epic.

HatorianFrakkin TTravistrippy
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    The Sopranos, The Wire or Breaking Bad for me. To be able to binge and not wait? Priceless.
    hypergenesbHatorianFlashGordonTravisTaraC73steph_b
  • It's Always Sunny or Breaking Bad.  I wonder if not podcasting about BB would increase my enjoyment or if I'd miss a bunch of stuff.  I binged the first 3 seasons and didn't have as much fun as seasons 4 & 5, but those seasons weren't as amazing.

I would have picked LOST but man, the ending would have still been a let down.  Chapelle's Show is another good one too.
    TravisHatorian
  • @Hatorian Fantastic question! Tough one to answer. I also love your Chapelle Show pick. Wouldn't have thought of it myself, but it's a tempting selection. I don't know if I've laughed so hard at a tv show as with that one.

My favorite show, probably, would be Parks and Recreation, but I feel like that would be kind of a waste of the pick because I enjoy those in re-air so much. Breaking Bad was a super fun fervor to get caught in, but I don't think that is the answer. The X-Files would be a great choice if it was a bit less dated and I fear that in not knowing what that show meant to me at the time, it might be a little distracting. Maybe it's being a prisoner of the moment, but it might be Justified, particularly that block of season 2 - 4. I couldn't wait to push play on the next one. I would hope to do it on the condition that the mind wipe takes place at a point where the current, final season is complete and available on a streaming service.

Hatorian
    Jim said:

I would have picked LOST but man, the ending would have still been a let down.  Chapelle's Show is another good one too.
    Jim, if I recall correctly, you were once quoted as saying "lost was the greatest series finale in all of TV history"... There's no going back on that statement!
    Frakkin T
  • True Detective episodes 1-6
    Hatorian
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 2015
    Freaks and Geeks. Or maybe Twin Peaks... Nope, Freaks and Geeks.
    TravisHatorian
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    The Wire for me, although Boardwalk Empire would be fun to mind wipe and watch, especially season 2-4.
    Hatoriansteph_b
  • This is a tough question for me, because I usually prefer subsequent viewings to the first; I just notice many more details and the experience is richer. The Wire in particular is a show that one must watch a second time from start to finish - it's just incredible how cohesive this show is and how rewarding the subsequent viewings. This being said, the last few episodes of "Six Feet Under" had a very strong emotional impact on me, the type of impact one can only experience when first watching. I'm not sure I'd like to experience that again, though, because those weren't exactly pleasant emotions. I'm not sure how spoilery I'm allowed to be, but the show very cleverly takes the viewer through the grieving process.
    CoryHatorian
  • TaraC73 said:

Jim said:

Jim, if I recall correctly, you were once quoted as saying "lost was the greatest series finale in all of TV history"... There's no going back on that statement!
    HA!  I definitely never said that.  For one, I haven't seen the final episode of LOST, I just read a few articles about it and decided it's not a top priority to see.  Secondly, I think that quote was about Star Trek: TNG.  'All Good Things...' is a phenomenal finale that I would put against any other series finale except maybe The Shield.

That said, some of the moments you guys are mentioning in LOST were amazing (the hatch, the initial crash, etc) and would be awesome to experience again for the first time.
    CoryHatorian
  • Wow Jim, all those complaints about the way Lost ended and you haven't even seen the finale!! They may have done a poor job with the mythology, but Lost was always more about the characters for me. And the finale had some really strong emotional punches because of that. I strongly suggest watching it.

As for the memory wipe, I would probably say Game of Thrones. Especially if I could also erase book knowledge.
    Hatorian
    edited March 2015
    (I commissioned you to say it way back when... For the TWD season 4A kickstarted! Hahahah!!)

I thought of another show I'd love to see with fresh eyes: the west wing. So many oh wow moments.
    Hatorian
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Lost in a heartbeat. It brought so many people together on the Internet as well as being great tv.
    TaraC73