Pacific Rim : Revenge of the Dark of Extinction

There was some discussion during lunch on what movie to cover this week.

Pacific Rim looks like the inheritor of the Transformers mantle, and so I expect the coverage would be "wasn't it cool when..."

The movie will likely have zero depth, and hope you all cover anything other than it.

I'll likely eventually background watch it at some point (who doesn't enjoy the spectacle of giant robots fighting giant monsters), but would hate to see it get baldmove first run movies spotlight.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    They are doing Isle of Dogs. And while it will be undoubtedly a million times better, I'd still love to hear the guys do Pacific Rim.
    hitmyBelievein3
  • I just recently watched Pacific Rim for the first time and I agree that the movie and the future movies will probably lack depth.  With that being said I did find it far more enjoyable than all but maybe the 1st Transformers movie.  It's a movie made to show off the use of CGI and a movie that doesn't care as much about having a deep plot and I'm okay with that.  I'd listen to and enjoy a baldmove first run coverage but I won't be disappointed in the slightest if they don't cover it.
  • I'll gladly listen to their take on Isle of dogs but was hoping they'd do Pacific Rim, maybe we'll get an Aron and Cecile bonus coverage in the next few weeks. 
    Murderbear
    I would also be a million times more interested in it if Guillermo del Toro was directing this one!
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 20
    No Guillermo, no Idris Elba, no Ron Perlman? Yea I'll wait for it to come on streaming.

Plus Isle of Dogs is getting way better early reviews.
  • Called it.
    Murderbear
    Yeah, they said they were doing Isle of Dogs on The Walking Dead cast. I guess get that's what I get for listening to them. Haha
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Funny about A-Ron being aware of exclaiming, "Oh my God!" during a trailer. I've gotten in the habit of shouting that because of Rich Evans, who shouts it a lot.

And I don't know how I feel about it.
    hitmy