Santa Clarita Diet season 2

lengmolengmo RTP, NC
Still making my way through the episodes; I'm enjoying this season more than the first season, which I also liked.  The writing seems sharper this season and the situations funnier.

Travis

Comments

• ShumShum Utah
    I'm only a couple episodes in, but I agree this season is operating on a slightly higher level this season.  I think I could watch Timothy Olyphant do just about anything, and I'm still really impressed with whoever plays the neighbor kid.  I'm also realizing I can't name a single character on this show...

Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore also did a pretty funny guest spot on The Joel McHale show this week.  Also, Joel McHale and Juliet from Psych did a pretty funny guest spot on Santa Clarita Diet.
    Travis
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Finished it and the whole season was good.  Give it a binge.  This season was better than iZombie season 4 so far, TWD, and Z-Nation season 4 for me.
    Travis
  • Yeah I liked this season more than last, not to say I disliked s1, I did enjoy it, but thought they found a grove in s2.
    lengmoTravis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 26
    Yeah, we're two episodes in and having a blast with it. It's just a whole lot of fun. Raylan is fantastic, as always, and I really like him in this role. I'm always glad to see quality Jules get some work and that dig that she threw at Barrymore was fuckin awesome. I hope she finds another good vehicle one of these days. I wonder if her and Young Sean Spencer will cross paths. That could be fun. I also liked the scientist from Better Off Ted's little spot. I like that guy (Andy Slavitt? something like that?). I actually can't wait to be done with work today and knock down another couple of episodes tonight.
    lengmoShum
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 26
    Actually, speaking of Maggie Lawson and young Sean Spencer (the neighbor kid), where is James Roday in all of this? He would be great in a "pop up" role and this show is right in his wheelhouse. He loves gory comedy. If you haven't seen Gravy it's a wonderful, bizarre, goofy, super bloody movie.

Also, I really don't think this is a spoiler since it's a zombie show but I think the biggest laugh I've had so far is the sound of her eating a person, where it's literally just her going "nom nom nom nom." 
  • ShumShum Utah
    Just finished the season, and I haven't really changed my opinion.  Definitely a step up from Season 1 (which I still loved).  Better writing, better one liners, more interesting scenarios.  I'd like to see the main characters work in different combinations a little more.  They could do a lot with Joel as a surrogate father to Eric, or Joel and Abby bonding over how hard it is to clean up after Sheila all the time.  I also wouldn't mind seeing all four if them work together more.  

Overall, a very enjoyable, entertaining season with some fantastic Guest Stars including (minor spoilers) the return of Nathan Fillion!  I'm always delighted to see him pop up in shows, and he definitely delivers this season.
    lengmoTravis
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    ^ I'd like to see a spinoff with the same writers where Abby and Eric encounter supernatural stuff at college or just have to tackle becoming adults.

At this point I'm tempted to rewatch season 1 as I remember their parts were the best parts of that season as well.
    Travis
  • lengmo said:
    ^ I'd like to see a spinoff with the same writers where Abby and Eric encounter supernatural stuff at college or just have to tackle becoming adults.

At this point I'm tempted to rewatch season 1 as I remember their parts were the best parts of that season as well.
    We ended up re-watching just the finale because the sort of "last season on" was feeling a little blurry and it was a really good watch. I'd kind of like to go back to the start as well.