813 - Do Not Send Us Astray

Directed by: David Boyd

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Writen by: Someone who’s only worked on like a B grade USA show probably
  • Hmmm I quickly read this as Do not send us away....then thought, heh, for many it’s too late. 
    edited March 25
    TWD has long since gone astray. 
    edited March 25
    Also @A_Ron_Hubbard the “official” TWD wiki has this episodes directed by Jeffrey January. For whatever that’s worth 
  • That’s so funny, because when I glanced at the title, I thought it read-

“dont send us ashtray”

I was like, boy this is some David Lynch title names! Lol
    Chinaski
  • Well last week was good, hope it gets better. Still a massive shame carl isn't here anymore, plus lauren still hasn't signed a S9 contract 
    TaraC73
  • Maybe "Jeffrey January" is like "Alan Smithee" for TV.
    CretanBullOriginal_Joseph
  • Is this a 2hr episode?
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    This episode is horrible so far. Is it really 2 hours long tonight? UGH No one has tried or thought of this tactic before with the zombie guts? Why hadn't they expected it from the saviors? 
  • LordBy said:
    Is this a 2hr episode?
    No, looks like they put the 1 hour of The Terror and included it in as part of TWD. 
    Michelle
  • Because up til now zombie guts weren’t dangerous (ooops plothole). It infuriates me that they make the characters so consistently stupid. All sick or injured people have to be quarantined, remember the prison? Anyone? anyone? (in the writers room, that is).
    Pangs
  • Also tonight was my first time just watching the live watch instead of waiting to watch it later when it airs here in CA. I’m sooooo glad I did. What a train wreck. I enjoy the commentary though! 
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Nancylyn said:
    Because up til now zombie guts weren’t dangerous (ooops plothole). It infuriates me that they make the characters so consistently stupid. All sick or injured people have to be quarantined, remember the prison? Anyone? anyone? (in the writers room, that is).
    That would require having a consistent writing crew that lasts over the seasons. 
    Nancylyn
  • KingKobra said:
    Nancylyn said:
    Because up til now zombie guts weren’t dangerous (ooops plothole). It infuriates me that they make the characters so consistently stupid. All sick or injured people have to be quarantined, remember the prison? Anyone? anyone? (in the writers room, that is).
    That would require having a consistent writing crew that lasts over the seasons. 
    KingKobra said:
    Nancylyn said:
    I mean, I know why they did it. It’s directly out of the comic. I just wish they’d put some new spin on it. Maybe walker brains on arrows or something.

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Simon and group should have all died when they were like 20 yards from 15 windows with a bunch of machine gunners and then rick and group there on their side. But this is TWD so not surprised. 
    LanielovePangs
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited March 26
    I kind of liked the episode... finally an actual battle in all out war!  

As as far as Walker guts making people sick being a plot hole, I feel like Eixk at some point said “don’t get it in your eyes or mouth... maybe it was S1 when they were trying to escape that building? Or maybe Alexandria when they were trying to get out all together with Sam and that dumb mom and crew? 

The show is still on a huge decline for me; i am still ride or die, but not must-watch-tv-Sunday-night ride or die. I’ll DVR and watch later on if I am tired or have something better to do/watch.
    lengmo
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    WRT walker guts becoming more dangerous -- yeah, it's a change but it seems to be a good one. It can be explained away in universe by the virus mutating, or maybe after a certain number of months in a host the virus always became this dangerous, or whatever. However you want to justify it or not, it makes the world more dangerous and the stakes higher, which helps the show. It also retrospectively answers the question "why didn't they just slap on walker guts" in every desperate situation or just walk around wearing them all the time.
    TaraC73
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    TaraC73 said:

As as far as Walker guts making people sick being a plot hole, I feel like Eixk at some point said “don’t get it in your eyes or mouth... maybe it was S1 when they were trying to escape that building? Or maybe Alexandria when they were trying to get out all together with Sam and that dumb mom and crew?
    Let’s not forget back in S5 (?) when Sasha accidentally cut Abraham with a knife she had clearly just been using to kill walkers, which drew nothing more than a significant glance from Abe.

Plot hole, indeed.
    TaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    So...not only does a room full of people sleep through a walker falling down the stairs, they also don't hear a handful of gurgling walkers walk right in the OPEN front door?? Why was the damn door open?
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    TaraC73 said:

Let’s not forget back in S5 (?) when Sasha accidentally cut Abraham with a knife she had clearly just been using to kill walkers, which drew nothing more than a significant glance from Abe.

Plot hole, indeed.
    Forgot about that!!!
    saraej319
    edited March 27
    Man those zombies sure were lucky that no one decided to stay alert on some kind of guard duty after they were just attacked by their sworn enemies. Nope, not a single soul on watch that night to raise any kind of alarm in case, oh I don’t know, the Saviors came back, or some zombies suddenly started eating people, or maybe like some kid with a gun was terrorizing the prisoners that for some reason have absolutely no one watching them despite the fact that you have like 30 of them in a very shoddily built prison pin. I guess the thought just never occurred to any of them.
    Pangs
    edited March 27
    An ok episode (ok by TWD standards, still very sloppy action set pieces that don’t really make much sense in any halfway competent show) in the first 20 mins that derails very quickly in the back half before burning down like a dumpster fire. So in other words an above average episode of TWD these days. 
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Man those zombies sure were lucky that no one decided to stay alert on some kind of guard duty after they were just attacked by their sworn enemies. Nope, not a single soul on watch that night to raise any kind of alarm in case, oh I don’t know, the Saviors came back, or some zombies suddenly started eating people, or maybe like some kid with a gun was terrorizing the prisoners that for some reason have absolutely no one watching them despite the fact that you have like 30 of them in a very shoddily built prison pin. I guess the thought just never occurred to any of them.

Do you mean the kid with the gun that, for unknown reasons, also had the key to said prison pin?

• Lol, I'm tired. I keep thinking it says "Do Not Send Us Ashtray." Follow-up to "We Want Records"
    Murderbear
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited March 27
    yeah, not good.  i don't know why different directors apparently seem to have the same vision of quick shots of people (implausibly, from like 15 feet away) shooting around corners or from behind cars with no context as exciting action sequences.  it also makes less than no sense that a) simon and company weren't wiped out to a man when they walked up to the house into an ambush, b) a couple of dozen people sleeping through loud zombie noises as they (presumably seasoned survivors multiple years after the apocalypse and with no sound pollution of any sort to disguise the noise) walked through an open door (and fell down the stairs ffs) with apparently no guards or anything posted, and c) the prison break:  why did the kid have the pen key?  why were there no guards over what 30 or so enemy combatants inside their camp?  i'm sure there others, i was barely even paying attention.

also funny that they couldn't kill anybody we actually might care about in this "devastating blow against our heroes" so they introduced a bunch of redshirts who i'm not even sure they bothered to give names.

blah it's just so dumb and lazy and they so obviously couldn't care less that it's so dumb and lazy.
  • Two things that really bothered me:

1. Did anybody notice that Jesus reappeared this episode and became like a background actor? No lines, just now at the hilltop and found nothing on the road. What happened with that???

2. No one was standing guard for a another savior attack? Everyone was sleeping like they had won.

huh I can’t stop watching this car wreck.
    TaraC73
  • Why do people still watch this show?
    Perhaps it is the "Sunk Cost Fallacy"?
  • That's it, I'm done with this negative and downright toxic podcast. Jim's attitude has slowly poisoned this once great podcast and is turning Aron into a complainer too.
    A_Ron_HubbardTaraC73Ajas
  • I quit watching at the beginning of this season - and have not listened to the baldmove coverage since - but - per the recommendation of graffin_dirtyblood, I think I will listen to this episode.  Sounds like it will be right up my alley.

TaraC73
  • That's it, I'm done with this negative and downright toxic podcast. Jim's attitude has slowly poisoned this once great podcast and is turning Aron into a complainer too.
    Jim's attitude? For the record I haven't listened to this week's yet