813 - Do Not Send Us Astray

2»

Comments

• I can't belive aron and Jim both think this was a top 5 bad episode, there are at least 3 if not 5 in season 7 alone that are worse 
    TaraC73
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    That's it, I'm done with this negative and downright toxic podcast. Jim's attitude has slowly poisoned this once great podcast and is turning Aron into a complainer too.
    Lol, you want a better podcast, have AMC make a better show. 
    iMatty94KingKobraKela15TaraC73hisdudeness915OliviaDhypergenesb
  • Boy I don’t know about top 5 worst episode but it’s really funny to listen to this garbage episode get ripped a new one like it deserves.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited March 2018
    Who even writes this dialogue: “YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS!” Know what?! No one knows!! This is like the fifth time you’ve done this plotline, no one has any idea which variation of the “Morgan goes crazy” plot you’re doing this time because some B list in the writers room wrote this garbage while high on cocaine and everyone else said “yeah that checks out, print it”. It’s so spectacularly bad it’s actually just funny. 
    iMatty94
  • Yeah I thought it was great. The podcast obviously because the show will never be great again. 
    Alkaid13TaraC73
  • It's a lot more fun to watch if you turn it into The Office in your mind as you're watching.
    Also, I swear I saw Maggie fight off an eye-roll when Rick did his "I tried to kill him but I didn't." routine.

This is still the best TWD podcast around. Granted, the competition is Canadian Guys talk about Bowling and Where they had Dinner, Slick Unfunny Guy and Cool Misplaced Chick, and Here's Another Interview With the Guy Who Played Bob, but still....

You two have to see this through to the end. Just like (many of) the rest of us. (Okay some of.)
  • That's it, I'm done with this negative and downright toxic podcast. Jim's attitude has slowly poisoned this once great podcast and is turning Aron into a complainer too.
     A few small adjustments to this take....

- replace “podcast” with “show”
    - replace Jim’s attitude with Gimple’s direction
    - replace Aron with Chris Hardwick 

There. Now I completely agree with you.
    hisdudeness915Kela15TaraC73hypergenesb
  • It's a lot more fun to watch if you turn it into The Office in your mind as you're watching.
    Also, I swear I saw Maggie fight off an eye-roll when Rick did his "I tried to kill him but I didn't." routine.

This is still the best TWD podcast around. Granted, the competition is Canadian Guys talk about Bowling and Where they had Dinner, Slick Unfunny Guy and Cool Misplaced Chick, and Here's Another Interview With the Guy Who Played Bob, but still....

You two have to see this through to the end. Just like (many of) the rest of us. (Okay some of.)
    I have one too 
  • Two things that really bothered me:

1. Did anybody notice that Jesus reappeared this episode and became like a background actor? No lines, just now at the hilltop and found nothing on the road. What happened with that???

Yeah, right?  Where the HELL did Jesus come from?  Did the guys even mention that on the podcast?  Major WTF moment.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    They did not, I was really hoping that would get a mention.

This show has this amazing ability of rushing the plot while simultaneously stretching the plot out that while infuriating, is almost impressive.

Like Tara and her forgiving of Dwight. My guess is that next week she is going to be back on the Dwight hate-train when she realizes she isn't actually dying. And Daryl will be all "well, he didn't shoot you with a tainted arrow, so maybe he's not so bad after all..."
  • brewseveltbrewsevelt Boston, MA
    I think I saw Heath talking to Jesus in the background.
    MurderbearGruffyWinters
  • tonyp1222tonyp1222 new york
    edited March 2018
    A Ron's rant in the final 2 minutes of this week's cast was so perfect. His vision for a hypothetical world in which they did this show correctly was so bittersweet.

(That said, despite logic gaps like everything Henry did and the stealth zombies, I generally enjoyed the past two weeks more than I've enjoyed the show in over a year)
    GruffyWintersiMatty94
  • They did not, I was really hoping that would get a mention.

I think in the live watch there was a "oh hey, there's Jesus all of a sudden, where'd he come from?" comment
    Murderbear
  • edited March 2018
    I applaud the guys for sticking with the show.  Regrettably I'll end up watching the show till the end just because I've followed it this long and I can't find it in myself to just stop.  It's depressing thinking about how excited I used to be about The Walking Dead compared to what it's turned into.  I remember the group of friends that I used to watch it with every Sunday and now I'm the only one left that still watches it.  
    iMatty94
  • tonyp1222 said:
    A Ron's rant in the final 2 minutes of this week's cast was so perfect. His vision for a hypothetical world in which they did this show correctly was so bittersweet.

(That said, despite logic gaps like everything Henry did and the stealth zombies, I generally enjoyed the past two weeks more than I've enjoyed the show in over a year)
    Yea that was something 
  • John said:
    Why do people still watch this show?
    Perhaps it is the "Sunk Cost Fallacy"?
    Honestly, nobody around here is going to argue that the Walking Dead is intelligent, thought-provoking television.  In fact, the joke is on anyone who's acting like it ever WAS.  My question is: why do people still bitch about this show?  Just stop watching.  With all due respect to Jim and Aron, they should have just stopped the podcast as soon as they decided they were going all-in with the negativity and nitpicking.
  • ken hale said:
    John said:
    Honestly, nobody around here is going to argue that the Walking Dead is intelligent, thought-provoking television.  In fact, the joke is on anyone who's acting like it ever WAS.  My question is: why do people still bitch about this show?  Just stop watching.  With all due respect to Jim and Aron, they should have just stopped the podcast as soon as they decided they were going all-in with the negativity and nitpicking.
    It's not like a show is either completely thought-provoking or completely mindless popcorn. Season 1 of TWD certainly wasn't citizen kane, but it was still well-constructed and thought-provoking. There's nothing wrong with having liked season 1 and wanting it to go back to being that good. 

I don't watch TWD anymore, nor did I ever listen to the podcast, but IIRC I think they ASKED if people wanted them to continue the podcast and people said yes.   
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    ken hale said:
    John said:

They didn't decide to go negative, they're just being honest about their feelings on the show. They do the podcast because there's an audience that likes listening to them talk about it. You could take your own advice and not listen to the podcast if you don't like it.
    voodoorathisdudeness915
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    ken hale said:
    John said:
    S1 was intelligent and thought provoking. 
    tom_g
  • Dee said:
    ken hale said:
    John said:
    S1 was intelligent and thought provoking. 
    Even S2 was a bit.

S2 theme was all about how to act in this new world and either be good or bad. To kill or not to kill. Etc. At least it was interesting to see the viewpoints in season 2. And you had some good acting with Dale on one side and Shane on the other. 

Ever since then then each season has just repeated that question. 
    Dee