IT Follows solutions

Lock it up in something maybe a strong jail cell? 

Drop a car or something heavy on it? 

Try to get it to walk off a cliff 

Try and blow it up 

Drop it in a really big hole or a well 

There's alot of solutions where you could essntially trap it 

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited March 27
    iMatty94 said:

Try and blow it up 

There aren't enough of the rules given in the movie. They don't say, for example, that IT can't transfer to a different body. This is one of those movies where evaluating it sort of ruins it. Because going on a boat may be the solution they need, but clearly isn't interesting or what one would think of in this situation.

And really if evaluations like this were done, we'd probably end up disliking Halloween, The Thing, The Fly and The Shining. Horror, in general, doesn't hold up well to scrutiny. 
  • I think it is important that Hugh/Jeff says “it’s slow, but not dumb.” So like trying to get it to walk off a cliff or in a hole, it’s probably too smart for that. I mean, that’s why it didn’t immediately go into the pool to get her in the climax
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    I just wanna say that I totally did a spit take when Jim suggesting fucking a wild dog. Followed by whatever the fuck A.Ron was talking about right after. Classic stuff guys. 
    gguenot
  • @hisdudeness915 me too! Can you imagine that ghost slowly stalking a golden retriever? Good luck!

lol!!
    hisdudeness915
  • I just wanna say that I totally did a spit take when Jim suggesting fucking a wild dog. Followed by whatever the fuck A.Ron was talking about right after. Classic stuff guys. 

Jim: "It's okay to fuck a wild dog, because he wants it"

I just hope PETA doesn't listen to this episode.

hisdudeness915gguenot
  • iMatty94 said:

Try and blow it up 

Just fuck IT.
    It will need to kill itself.
    Problem solved.

gguenothisdudeness915Jimmajjam0770
  • I'm glad we finally got a firm stance from Bald Move on when bestiality is acceptable. That was really keeping me up at night wondering

I'm also glad I was alone in the office yesterday, I could not contain the laughter brought on by wild dog fucking and A.Ron struggling with how to pronounce bonobo. Classic
    hisdudeness915iMatty94
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I don't think I missed it on the pod, but I may have...anyone have any opinions on exactly what IT is doing to kill these people?

That girl in the beginning is bent over in a disturbing way but not totally devoured or anything. I got Ring vibes like they were partially scared to death or something, but also murdered.

Also the "tall man" gave me goosebumps when he walked into the doorway out of nowhere.

I think living in a van, traveling to Alaska, waiting for IT to show up, then traveling to Argentina would be my best bet. Become a digital nomad and all that.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited March 27
    Oh man. I was driving home last night, having had a good bit of the drink, and was dying laughing at Jim's, "A 12 mile commute could fix this." I can't remember everything thereafter, but it just became more and more funny. I haven't laughed that hard at a BM cast in a while. Good times.

Edit:

hisdudeness915 said:
    I just wanna say that I totally did a spit take when Jim suggesting fucking a wild dog. Followed by whatever the fuck A.Ron was talking about right after. Classic stuff guys. 

Ahhh there it is.

TxSandMan said:
    I'm also glad I was alone in the office yesterday, I could not contain the laughter brought on by wild dog fucking and A.Ron struggling with how to pronounce bonobo. Classic

Oh that was the other part! "Or you could fuck a bonobo." (BAH-no-bo) "What the fuck is that?" 
  • I don't think I missed it on the pod, but I may have...anyone have any opinions on exactly what IT is doing to kill these people?
    It seemed like it somehow raped Greg to death.

Regarding Tarantino, I don't think it's fair to say that the movie doesn't follow its own rules. The characters clearly aren't experts on the lore of the creature, so I don't think anything they say about it should be taken as a "rule".
  • I think it's actually a lot of fun to speculate about what loopholes you could exploit to nullify the threat.  I don't typically do that while I'm watching the movie, or take it too seriously, but it makes for great conversation with your friends afterward. 

You're right that there aren't enough rules laid out to really know how you could defeat it.  Although, @michielterlouw's idea about fucking it is just about perfect.  Might be challenging to do.
  • Jim said:
    I think it's actually a lot of fun to speculate about what loopholes you could exploit to nullify the threat.  I don't typically do that while I'm watching the movie, or take it too seriously, but it makes for great conversation with your friends afterward. 

You're right that there aren't enough rules laid out to really know how you could defeat it.  Although, @michielterlouw's idea about fucking it is just about perfect.  Might be challenging to do.

Well... if you're able to catch and fuck a wild dog (or a bonabo)... then a slow-moving monster shouldn't be a problem, should it? Just don't approach it when it's in its "really tall man" shape. Wait for the right opportunity.

Such as....

• I was concerned less about catching it and more about the actual fucking of the superhumanly-strong thing that's trying to kill you.  Maybe you could trick it into presenting as a wild dog....
    Flukes
  • So, I don’t mean to be gross, but as far as defeating it... Someone suggested screwing It. But how would you do it? Can I suggest someone in the chain who has a body or two inbetween It walks up to it and maybe artificially insiminate it with the latest victim’s seed? Would that work?
  • edited March 27
    I would get a stopwatch, a lawn chair, and a cooler full of beer. Then I would lead It around to various terrains and time It's walking speed, while I slam brewskies and point and laugh at it. I'd write an app that utilizes GPS and the data I've collected to constantly compare my current location to It's last known location. The app would give you a pretty good ballpark of where It is and which direction It's walking.  I'd find a job where I could work remotely, and buy two homes on opposite sides of the country, say one in Portland Oregon and one in Portland Maine.  Whenever the app showed that It was within 150 miles of me, I would fly cross country to my other house. Given an approximate distance of 3,000 miles between my houses, and a walking speed of 4 MPH, that means I'd be making the trip about once per month. 

Once a year (maybe several times in year 1) I would drive close to where my app says it was, and post up in a giant field with good sight lines (the beer would make a reappearance). Once I see It, I would calibrate my App and update It's last confirmed location, then I could go back home. I'd analyze the data to see if the app needs any tinkering to give more accurate tracking for It. 

The first couple of years would probably still be stressful, but after that I'd imagine you'd get pretty comfortable as your confidence grew in your App. 
    iMatty94Invisiblemissile
  • edited March 28
    I would do the *******SPOILERS**********DON'T READ THE NEXT PART IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED STRANGER THINGS SEASON 2******Bob Newby/Will solution and look at IT and yell "GO AWAY!!!"  I'm sure it will have similar results.

• sean.ray said:
    So, I don’t mean to be gross, but as far as defeating it... Someone suggested screwing It. But how would you do it? Can I suggest someone in the chain who has a body or two inbetween It walks up to it and maybe artificially insiminate it with the latest victim’s seed? Would that work?

Dude, that is so gross

On a serious note. If you're in the chain but you're not at the front of the chain (you're not the monster's next victim)... are you able to see it? Because if not, then artificial insemination is going to be extra difficult.
  • EMAW42 said:
    I would get a stopwatch, a lawn chair, and a cooler full of beer. Then I would lead It around to various terrains and time It's walking speed, while I slam brewskies and point and laugh at it. I'd write an app that utilizes GPS and the data I've collected to constantly compare my current location to It's last known location. The app would give you a pretty good ballpark of where It is and which direction It's walking.  I'd find a job where I could work remotely, and buy two homes on opposite sides of the country, say one in Portland Oregon and one in Portland Maine.  Whenever the app showed that It was within 150 miles of me, I would fly cross country to my other house. Given an approximate distance of 3,000 miles between my houses, and a walking speed of 4 MPH, that means I'd be making the trip about once per month. 

Once a year (maybe several times in year 1) I would drive close to where my app says it was, and post up in a giant field with good sight lines (the beer would make a reappearance). Once I see It, I would calibrate my App and update It's last confirmed location, then I could go back home. I'd analyze the data to see if the app needs any tinkering to give more accurate tracking for It. 

The first couple of years would probably still be stressful, but after that I'd imagine you'd get pretty comfortable as your confidence grew in your App. 

I like the idea, but I suppose it requires the monster to move at a fairly constant (or at least predictable) speed. What if its speed varies, depending on its shape (huge adult man versus small old lady versus little boy)?

• @michielterlouw everyone in the chain sees the monster. Hugh/Jeff was waiting for it at the beginning of the film when he tied up Jay, and points it out when it arrives.
  • sean.ray said:
    @michielterlouw everyone in the chain sees the monster. Hugh/Jeff was waiting for it at the beginning of the film when he tied up Jay, and points it out when it arrives.

Ah yes, I didn't remember anymore.
  • EMAW42 said:

I like the idea, but I suppose it requires the monster to move at a fairly constant (or at least predictable) speed. What if its speed varies, depending on its shape (huge adult man versus small old lady versus little boy)?

Hopefully the data you collect and the multiple calibrations in year 1 would be enough. If the speed varies too much though, I guess I'd just pull a Jim and start having  sex with wild animals. 

I wonder if you got it to walk on to a omni-directional treadmill, if it would be stuck there forever? Then you could make electricity with It and sell it. 
    gguenot
    So there was lots of talk about how to prevent it, but whatever this curse is has a pretty strict time limit on it. The only way this curse continues is if you continue to "pay it forward" by fucking other people. Once someone breaks that chair and is killed or keeps running from it, the curse will move to the earlier victim. Sooner or later everyone in the chain will be dead. Does the curse just entirely end at that point?
  • Thats what Jeff says when they confront him at his real house. It will move its way down the chain to whoever started it.
    I am dying to know how this all started. But then again I don't want to know either because that would ruin the mystery of the thing. 
  • I am dying to know how this all started. But then again I don't want to know either because that would ruin the mystery of the thing. 

Pretty sure it involved two guys and the unspeakable things they did to a tribe of innocent bonobos.
    A_Ron_Hubbardmajjam0770Geomec