Unnecessary remake casting game

So you’re a casting director for a studio, and they have a horrible idea to remake a “classic” movie (or TV show) that everyone knows. You know it’s a turd of an idea to do a remake, but you have a job to do. Pick a movie and a few current actors!!

I got the idea while watching The Godfather. Would never want to remake it, but if my paycheck depended on it, who to cast?? John Travolta popped into my head, and I can’t unsee it.

ChinaskiFreddyTravisTaraC73

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Groundhog Day remake staring Andy Dick and directed by Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer. then having the guys do a 24 hour marathon on it. yeah sounds like a giant dick move.. sorry :/

FreddyrkcrawfTravisTaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Speaking of John Travolta, what if they remade Welcome Back Kotter and cast the kids from Glee, High School Musical, or Riverdale?
    TravisTaraC73
    Michelle said:
    Speaking of John Travolta, what if they remade Welcome Back Kotter and cast the kids from Glee, High School Musical, or Riverdale?
    how bout we topsy turvy that shit? Welcome Back Kotter cast in Glee, High School Musical, or Riverdale?
    MichelleTravisTaraC73
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Big Trouble in Little China starring Johnny Knoxville. I just threw up in my mouth.
    ChinaskirkcrawfTravisTaraC73
    Freddy said:
    Big Trouble in Little China starring Johnny Knoxville. I just threw up in my mouth.
    i just threw up in my bellybutton. not cool @Freddy
    hisdudeness915TravisFreddyTaraC73
  • Being an asshole, I think the notion of making a new Labyrinth and casting Walken in the Bowie role would be fuckin hilarious. You could have Arnold Schwarzenegger as Ludo. Rachel Dratch could play the Trash Lady, and Danny Devito could play Sir Didemous. Lonely Island could be the new Fire Guys. Margot Martindale as The Worm (just because everything is more awesome with quality Mags), and since I can't think of any good Sarahs, just flip through the CW roladex and find the most ridiculously under-qualified, hacky "it girl" with a propensity for over-acting. The lead from Wayward Sisters comes to mind. (my soul aches a little for proposing that she walk in Connelly's shoes).

I feel like I need a shower now, so I'm off to consider something a little more sincere.
    rkcrawfFreddycdriveTaraC73
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 27
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    how bout we topsy turvy that shit? Welcome Back Kotter cast in Glee, High School Musical, or Riverdale?
    Combine all three shows while we're at it. "Glee School Riverdale"?

Definitely have to get Paul Giamati in the mix somehow. Oh yeah, and at least once a season Tony Clifton makes a guest appearance. While we're at it, I want to make this clear: Tony Clifton is involved in any project I get my hands on. Give me the reigns of a Xenomorph movie set it space, and I'm shoehorning that magnificent specimen in there.

Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 27
    Hell yeah, Tony Clifton. I know Bob Zmuda a little bit professionally (not Tony Clifton, of course, Tony is his own person and not Bob in any way) but seizing the excuse to name drop, Bob is a real trip of a guy. He's super nice and just cracks me up.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    “Starring Harry Styles as Atticus Finch” 
    edited March 28
    how bout a classic horror movie... A Nightmare on Elm St staring Tommy Lee Jones?

edit: staring TLJ as Freddy Krueger just to be clear
    MichelleTaraC73Travis
    edited March 28
    Chinaski said:
    how bout a classic horror movie... A Nightmare on Elm St staring Tommy Lee Jones?

I'd totally watch that!  I used to have suuuuuch a huge crush on him in like 9th grade.  :love:

EDIT:  Never mind!  I read Tommy Lee, not Tommy Lee Jones.  :astonished:
    ChinaskiTravis
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

I'd totally watch that!  I used to have suuuuuch a huge crush on him in like 9th grade.  :love:

EDIT:  Never mind!  I read Tommy Lee, not Tommy Lee Jones.  :astonished:
    hahah! i was like 'hmmkay @Michelle.. i mean he kinda did have a silver fox cult leader vibe in JFK.. to each's own..' :D
    MichelleTravis
  • I wouldn't want to see it done because it's an amazing movie and just shouldn't be remade, but my brain keeps coming back to The Maltese Falcon with Clooney and Connelly.  It's been too long since I've seen it and maybe my memory isn't serving me, but I think they would do a good job and people would go see it.

Also tangentially, isn't a The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series right up The CW's alley? Can someone get me a pitch meeting with those guys? I want to cash in.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Breaking Bad remake starring Kevin James as Walt, the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond as Jesse and Rhea Pearlman as Skylar. Make it a straight up
    comedy with laugh track and canned “ooooohs” and “awwwwws”
    rkcrawf
    edited March 29
    TaraC73 said:
    Breaking Bad remake starring Kevin James as Walt, the brother from Everybody Loves Raymond as Jesse and Rhea Pearlman as Skylar. Make it a straight up
    comedy with laugh track and canned “ooooohs” and “awwwwws”
    can we have Tracy Morgan play Walt Jr?

edit: my last request.. for the Property Brothers to play the Salamanca twins and Obama to play Gus..
    TaraC73Travis
    Chinaski said:
    Obama to play Gus..
    Yesssssssss  :)
    rkcrawf