A.P. Bio

edited March 29 in Other TV
I was really skeptical at first, but this show is pretty funny.  I don't understand why Glenn Howerton wanted to do it, though.  The character is so Dennis Reynolds it's like he's typecasting himself.  In one episode, he tells a woman about the time he fed a baby bird with a syringe.  It reminded me so much of what Dennis tells those hippies on Always Sunny that I'm halfway convinced this show is some kind of meta gag and Dennis will return to Paddy's Pub with a story about posing as a teacher in Toledo for a year.  Anyway, it's worth watching if you have a half hour to spare and like that kind of acerbic narcissism that he brings to a comedic performance.

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and just couldn’t get into it. Gotta be hard to make a show with Glen and Patton that isn’t funny but they found a way. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hatorian said:
    I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and just couldn’t get into it. Gotta be hard to make a show with Glen and Patton that isn’t funny but they found a way. 
    Same. It wasn’t terrible, it was just “Eh, where’s my phone?” 
    Hatorian
    I’m being very selfish but I sort of hope the show fails so Glen goes back and commits to more It’s Always Sunny. I know Kaitlyn Olson is doing well with the Mick, Charlie is becoming s movie star and Rob is branching out as well. But i really don’t want Sunny to end...
    Jovial_Falcon
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Hatorian It’s funny you mention The Mick, because that is basically “Sweet Dee Lives In A Mansion With Terrible Children”. These Sunny actors seem to really stay in their lane. I like The Mick a lot more than AP Bio, though. 
    Hatorian
  • ShumShum Utah
    I've been keeping up with this and quite enjoying it.  It's not great, but it's been entertaining enough to keep me watching.  I really enjoy Glen Howerton's interactions with the kids, but I'm definitely less interested in the rest of the school staff (besides Patton Oswald).
  • UnibowlerUnibowler San Antonio, Texas
    I guess I’m in the minority, but I absolutely love this show. The Mick too. I really enjoy humor this dark making its way to network television. I’d actually be ok with Glenn leaving Sunny as long as this show kept its quality. 
    I don’t know. Every time I put it on all i can think of is that watching Mac and Charlie sitting outside a high school with a samurai sword and the gang showing the class Lethal Weapon 6 at the bar is infinitely more funny than watching Glen try to be a shitty teacher...
    ken hale
  • Dee said:
    Hatorian said:
    Same. It wasn’t terrible, it was just “Eh, where’s my phone?” 
    To be fair, that's probably what I was looking for after Counterpart had me saying, "Huh? Now I gotta watch the last twenty minutes again."
    Dee