MLB 2018

so excited. Cubs have a deep rotation. The lineup is stacked with 3 potential MVPs and they literally have 5 players who could hit 30 Homerun and another 2 who could easily get 20. 

Concerned about the bullpen. Really need C.J. Edwards to take the next step and get some consistency. 

Biggest issue though is the farm is so depleted it’s going to be very hard to compete at the trade deadline for whatever hole they may need come playoff push. They really need to start developing pitching through the farm as well. Also really need Quintana to prove that giving up a top 5 prospect was worth it. 

Would he be awesome if Heyward could have a career year and opt out of that contract so they could make a run at Harper next year. 

jtmy92

Comments

• jtmy92jtmy92 Independence, MO
    Hatorian said:

Concerned about the bullpen. Really need C.J. Edwards to take the next step and get some consistency. 

We'll see how much they miss Wade Davis, especially come October. 
    Hatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    season starting earlier this season, first time since i can remember that all the open day games are on the same day, and this guy is taking a Ferris Bueller's day off to go to opening day!
    cdrive
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Chinaski said:
    season starting earlier this season, first time since i can remember that all the open day games are on the same day, and this guy is taking a Ferris Bueller's day off to go to opening day!
    Yea luckily tomorrow is Good Friday (no work) where I am at and the Cubs game is 12:40am so it’s going to be a Long night....
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    The Giants took their hot garbage from last year, added some of 2013s best players for a last gasp win now team and then lost their ace, third starter, and closer in spring training. This is going to be a real rough next 4/5 years cause there is nobody in the farm system.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Chinaski This guy Ferris Bueller’d today too.

Well sort of. Genuinely got a messed up stomach. But hey Opening Day!  My ‘Stros gonna do mean mean things to the Rangers in 3 hrs....

fidoz
  • @cdrive please tell them to be gentle this season.. go ahead and take the Silver Boot (are they still doing that since the stros came to the AL?)
    cdrive
    @TxSandMan yeah the boot is still on! We still have a lot of ground work to make up after sucking so bad for a decade. Y’all lead us overall with the boot (12-5) 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 29
    Downtown Denver is fun on opening day (next Fri is the home opener). Lots of folks skipping work and hitting the bars. And Coors Field is a fantastic place to watch a ballgame. Plenty of sunshine, good cheap seats and tasty beer/food.

The Rockies however are just my adopted NL team ... as a native New Englander I ride w/ the Red Sox ... we'll see if they can keep up w/ the squad that the Evil Empire has assembled this year. And with Aaron f&*%ing Boone managing the Yanks they're even easier for us Boston fans to hate.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited March 29
    I'm not ready for the slide of the Orioles into irrelevancy.... One more year of competing would be nice, but everybody's about to leave next year, I hope they don't screw up the trade deadline.  I hope it's clear what the front office should do by that point.
    Wow! Springer dinger lead off homer on opening day just like last year!!!!!!!
    fidoz
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’ll be at Saturday’s game. Hopefully it’s the one game the Rangers win to avoid the sweep.

I’m expecting a .500 season overall
  • @Noel I’ve given up on the Rangers. We’re the AL Cubs! :( (not the World Series winning Cubs. the 1910-2016 Cubs)
  • Good start for the Cubbies. Pretty pumped to see how Dharvish will contribute to their rotation. But to switch focus, my stars and garters, Giancarlo Stanton is an absolute animal. Still stunned he's a Yankee. 
    cdrive
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Mets are currently undefeated.
    Aww_PHuuCk
    Glad the Giants won. Dodgers on a 2 game losing streak. 
    Aww_PHuuCk
    russkelly said:
    Mets are currently undefeated.
    so are the A's!
    seanray
  • Well the Sox blew a 4 run lead in the 8th and wasted a good Sale start. Yay baseball!
    MrX said:
    Well the Sox blew a 4 run lead in the 8th and wasted a good Sale start. Yay baseball!
    MrX said:
    Well the Sox blew a 4 run lead in the 8th and wasted a good Sale start. Yay baseball!
    And cost me a 5 team parlay! Pissed
    MrX
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    MrX said:
    As a Sox fan this hurt my soul. By the live comments on the post game thread on /r/redsox were pure gold. Best one was "I hope that when Chris Sale dies the Red Sox bullpen can be his pallbearers so they can let him down one last time"
    cdriveMrXAww_PHuuCk
  • One thing to see it in a trade, another thing to actually see it in a season.  Judge-Stanton-Sanchez, that's a very scary 2-3-4 trio to have to face.
  • Sox finally gave Sale some run support, dropped 14 on the Yankees.

9-1!
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Was looking thru XM channels and started listening to Angel game last night. Listening to Dodger game right now. Maybe while I play video game in the evening, I’ll just listening to games. It’s always calming just kicking back to those baseball announcers. 
    MrX said:
    Sox finally gave Sale some run support, dropped 14 on the Yankees.

9-1!
    Red Sox whoopin dat ass son!
    JoshuaHeterMrX
  • cdrive said:
    MrX said:
    Sox finally gave Sale some run support, dropped 14 on the Yankees.

9-1!
    Red Sox whoopin dat ass son!
    I'm enjoying it! ... but I know Stanton isn't gonna hit under .200 all season and the rest of their sluggers will probably heat up at some point, so the Yanks can't be counted out yet.

Looking forward to the Red Sox - Astros series coming up end of May!
  • It's still early but the Yankees absolutely need to get their bullpen in order. What was considered their biggest strength has already cost them at least 3 games they should've won. At least their starters have been good on exception of Montgomery. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 11
    It's still early but the Yankees absolutely need to get their bullpen in order. What was considered their biggest strength has already cost them at least 3 games they should've won. At least their starters have been good on exception of Montgomery. 

Severino's ERA jumped up a solid 2+ points after last night!
    Need some advice on a fantasy trade. 

I give up Stephen Strasburg. 

I get Happ, Schwarber and Ryu.

It’s a keeper league so only will have Strasburg for one year unless I give up a first round pick for him next year while Happ would be s 16th round pick.

Ryu has actually outperformed Strasburg to this point but Strasburg was 3rd in Cy Young last year. So most likely Strasburg will eventually outperform Ryu. Strasburg is also my best pitcher. 

I do have 2 slots to put in Happ and Swarber given a few of my players are under performing but I also have Boegarts, Eaton and Acuna on the bench waiting for them to return from injury or get called up. 

What would you do?
    edited April 17
    Astros owner Jim Crane is a generous dude.  First, he had 1300 championship rings made so he could give one to every single person connected with the Astros.  I don't think any owner of any sport has made that many rings before.  Rings for beer & peanut guys, custodians and cooks, media and everyone in the office.

Then 2 weeks ago they did a thing where 1st 10,000 fans to come to the game get a replica ring.  People went crazy and stood in line all day.  So now due to the overwhelming response from that promo giveaway, they are giving every single fan who goes to the June 20th game against the Rays a replica ring.  Everyone who passes through the gates.  Tickets sold out in a matter of hours.  I was able to get my 3.  (my 2 year old doesn't need a ticket and hopefully they will give him a ring too)  I got the cheapest tickets I could for 3 seats together.  Tried for the $8 tix, but had to get the $18 tix.  Truthfully though, the dirty little secret about Minute Maid Park is....buy the cheapest ticket and don't even go to your seat.  The best action is on the lower level next to Shake Shack & Torchy's Tacos, and the bars there.  Kids run around and sight lines are great.  I'm pumped about it! 

Travis
  • cdrive said:
    Astros owner Jim Crane is a generous dude.  First, he had 1300 championship rings made so he could give one to every single person connected with the Astros.  I don't think any owner of any sport has made that many rings before.  Rings for beer & peanut guys, custodians and cooks, media and everyone in the office.

Then 2 weeks ago they did a thing where 1st 10,000 fans to come to the game get a replica ring.  People went crazy and stood in line all day.  So now due to the overwhelming response from that promo giveaway, they are giving every single fan who goes to the June 20th game against the Rays a replica ring.  Everyone who passes through the gates.  Tickets sold out in a matter of hours.  I was able to get my 3.  (my 2 year old doesn't need a ticket and hopefully they will give him a ring too)  I got the cheapest tickets I could for 3 seats together.  Tried for the $8 tix, but had to get the $18 tix.  Truthfully though, the dirty little secret about Minute Maid Park is....buy the cheapest ticket and don't even go to your seat.  The best action is on the lower level next to Shake Shack & Torchy's Tacos, and the bars there.  Kids run around and sight lines are great.  I'm pumped about it! 

That's a pretty great story. Even though they beat the yankees to get there I'm pretty happy for the stros fans.
    cdrive
    i raced home to catch the end of the a's game at around 430pm (pst time).. it's 630 and it just ended. 5 hour and 48 min game! i'll take a walk off!