Some Dudes Made a Parks and Rec Bracket

TravisTravis CA
edited March 29 in Other TV

...and it is pretty glorious.
Mine came out pretty chalky, but I do have Evil Ron in the Elite 8 and I had to think really long and hard about Ken Hotate vs. Jerry. Ultimately, it always comes back to Ron Fucking Swanson.

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Put me down for Jerry!
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 29
    Jerry for the win of the whole thing? Bold. Respect.

Random thoughts:
    Perd v. Leslie was another one I thought way too much about. Herman was WAY under-ceded, and I just considered Wendy Haverford vs Millicent Gergich a forfeit on both parts. Donna just gets a by. I haven't a clue how you give Wendy Haverford a 6 cede. I think Fairway Frank or Dude Who Really Wants a Paunch Burger Near His House crushes her without a thought. Hell, throw Ingrid de Forest or John Hamm's character or Tynnyfer or Bobby Knight Ranger in there. Even in their extremely limited use they bring way more to the table than Wendy or Millicent.
  • kingbee67 said:
    Put me down for Jerry!
    Who? Do you mean Larry? Or Garry?

TravisMattyWeavesNoel
  • Man I wish Derry Murbles wasn't going up against April in the first round, the NPR scenes are some of my favorite of the series.

TravisMurderbear
  • Also how is Mark Brandanowicz seeded better than Perd and Lil' Sebastian. No one likes Mark.
    Murderbear
  • I love jazz + jazz = jazz. That was a fantastic bit. Derry did get a raw deal, but he was probably punished for being away on assignment all the time.

I think they had to give Mark that cede because he was a cast regular for as long as he was. I think it's purely that (though you could argue that Craig as a 5 was a regular as long as he was and had to draw Champion as opposed to Mark cake-walking through Donna's husband (Key is fantastic in general, but just had nothing really to do on Parks). 

What I wish they had done (as awesome as this is) would be to make one without any of the regulars to see who the best side character is. Maybe X out anyone who had ever been in the opening credits and work from that. I wonder how that plays out.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    MrX said:
    kingbee67 said:
    Put me down for Jerry!
    Who? Do you mean Larry? Or Garry?

No one cares, Barry!
    TravisMrXMurderbearNoelFlukes
  • ShumShum Utah
    This is cool, but it seems unfair to include Lil' Sebastian.  How can anyone be expected to compete with that incredible, tiny horse!?
    Travis
  • Here's the part that hurts the most. Humans cannot ride a ghost.
  • Man, I ran across some brutal matchups. Jean-Ralphio v Andy, animal control guys v Craig, and Lil' Sebastian v April. I think I would have to flip a coin for those because I refuse to decide. 
    Travis
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m a little upset about Donna beating Ann. But maybe it’s just because I have a massive crush on Rashida Jones.

Oh Ann, you beautiful tropical fish. You’re smart as a whip and you’re cool under pressure
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I’m ride or die with Donna Meagles. 
    TravisMrXMurderbear
  • Lil Sebastian? Nah! I had Eagleton Ron into the round of 8. His car runs on bat guano and he has a spirit owl and he just lets his hair grow until it completes its journey and fall from his head. Plus, it's incredibly fitting to have Swanson's nemisis take out Lil Sebastian.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’m calling Tammy 2 for the Upset over Ron swanson in the championship. She’s tailor made for the match up. 
    MrXTravis
  • Hatorian said:
    I’m calling Tammy 2 for the Upset over Ron swanson in the championship. She’s tailor made for the match up. 
    Yup he doesn't stand a chance

TravisHatorian
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I'm riding Ben "Human Disaster" Wyatt all the way to the finals, where he graciously gives Leslie the title after she threatens to wave his decapitated head in front of his weeping mother.

Good Lord.
    TravisNoel