814 - Still Gotta Mean Something

This episode was probably written and directed by someone. Perhaps multiple people.
MichelleJTKIIIhisdudeness915Alkaid13

Comments

• So Neegan has officially become a more honorable protagonist than Rick. 
    russkellyMurderbearZandraamhatch
  • Rick is the only competent villain on this show.
    russkellyMurderbearlengmoZandraamhatch
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Shakin Judith for 5 minutes

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last week’s live watch was hilarious also.  

“Guys...we haven’t tried sucking their dicks yet. I think we need to go with the whiskey and dick sucking plan!”

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    This episode was probably written and directed by someone. Perhaps multiple people.

ummm. not so fast.....

• tonyp1222tonyp1222 new york
    Hilarious comment from the AV Club comments:

Garbage Queen left Negan alone with a bag full of guns she didn’t have, a flare, and her prized emotional pictures of something or other and despite being tied up, he got to it all. He might as well be flying screaming ‘This isn’t even my final form!” at this point.

GruffyWintersamhatch
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Or a room full of cats
    Jovial_Falcon
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    How are the writers going to wrap up the war in two episodes, now that Negan is back at the Sanctuary? Rosita and Daryl make off with all the bullets and reloading equipment and Dwight somehow takes over the Sanctuary from Negan and negotiates a truce? Maybe there's a "Deus Ex Helicopter Dudes" ending?
  • Who wants an episode that’s completely dedicated to Morgan running to FTWD? Could be like Forrest Gump when he runs around the country. Except instead of people running behind Morgan, we’d have Walkers. I know Gimple has it in him.
    MurderbearAlkaid13TaraC73
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Were we supposed to be happy Rick lied to and murdered those prisoners? I'm glad Rat-Faced Jesus got it FINALLY but other than that, it felt bad. I'm not saying I want Negan to win or anything but I'm way more Team Negan than Team Rick after last night. Rick is a monster.

rustywright4Zandravoodooratrusskelly
  • I agree that I am also more on team Negan than rick.  I was happy long hair finally died but rick destroys everything he touches.   I like Negan when he is toned down and not cartoonish.   Rick is ready for another 180 degree flip once the letter is written and I also have no idea how they are going to wrap up this story in 2 episodes.   
    amhatch
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    The answer is they aren’t going to wrap it up, they’ll prolong it to another half season. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
     I also have no idea how they are going to wrap up this story in 2 episodes.   

They won't. Season ends at the cliffhanger climax of the battle.

Season 9 is a five-year time jump, but most of the episodes are inter-cut with character flashbacks to find out what happened. That way all of the main actors can have off-screen deaths when their contracts run-out.
  • I still wonder if Lauren/Maggie will sign for season 9 
    TaraC73
    @redlancer
    The sad thing is that version of events is probably better than what will actually happen. 
  • Negan shimmying away on his cart thing, and then reappearing a minute later, STILL  TIED UP, with a loaded gun in one hand and a lighted flare in the other, was amazing.

GruffyWintersMurderbearvoodooratFlukes
  • great ep - loving Jadis more and more.

The Helo mystery is fantastic.

Maybe a winged dragon will save the day

Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Three questions:
    • How were Rick and Morgan captured?  As mentioned in the live watch, we definitely missed a scene.
    • How did Negan get a gun and a *lit* flare when he was tied up on a flatbed cart?
    • Why the hell would anyone, let alone Jadis, let Negan keep the gun *and* give him the keys to a car and let him escape?  Was she thinking he would seek out retribution for Simon and his gang killing her people?  Or is she just *that* dumb?
    Murderbear
  • This show is
    Murderbear
    Michelle said:
    Three questions:
    • How were Rick and Morgan captured?  As mentioned in the live watch, we definitely missed a scene.
    This one right here had me floored.  Just when I thought I could no longer be surprised by how bad this show has gotten, then this happens.  It honest to goodness looked like an editing mistake that wasn't caught before broadcast.  But then after Rick & Morgan finish everyone off, it makes it seem like the writers thought the end would explain and justify the story jump.  Just awful. 

Really it needs to be remixed like a comedy, cause that's what it felt like-

Rick: "Let's go get 'em. You and me."
    Morgan: "Okay! Let's go!"
    Immediate cut to both of them being tied up looking like dummies. (insert Womp womp womp trombone) (insert laugh track)

lengmoMurderbearvoodoorat
    I honestly thought that Morgan had just gone crazy again and knocked Rick out because how on earth could both of these guys get snuck up on like that by these Savior dumbfucks but nope. But hey, why bother attempting to make even the slightest effort to connect scenes in an understandable way when you can just hard cut to the next scene, who cares about connective tissue, certainly not this staff. 
    Murderbear
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Michelle said:
    Three questions:
    • How did Negan get a gun and a *lit* flare when he was tied up on a flatbed cart?
    • Why the hell would anyone, let alone Jadis, let Negan keep the gun *and* give him the keys to a car and let him escape?
    Capture cut scene: Everyone is partly deaf after years of using firearms without ear protection.  Zombies, Saviors, anyone can sneak up on anyone else just by staying out of line of sight.

All tied up: The writers figured (wrongly) that they were in danger of creating a fairly good episode and had to sabotage it somehow.

Turn me loose: In the show's universe, Negan is very charismatic.  I wasn't clear what he left the heap with, as working cars are just lying around for the taking.

The writers making the characters not send out people to find out about the helicopter is exquisitely bad writing.  Those folks could turn the tide or be from a place worth moving to.
  • They show Rick being knocked out when they're surveying the severed limbs outside the escaped Saviors hideout. It's a smash cut to black/commercial. It was dumb and if you blinked, you'd miss it. 
  • This show is so dang stupid. I’m trying to hang in there to see if there’s any kind of improvement with the change of show runners but Rick putting an axe into a guy that just saved him from a walker bite? What fuckery is this??? 
  • Can someone speculate as to jadis’s plan with the walker on the cart? Let’s imagine Negan didn’t get into her luggage and acquire the gun, photographs and flare. The flare was to signal the helo to pick her up right? What was the rest of it for? That walker wasn’t a threat to Negan at all. Was it just to keep him company after she flies away?

• You guys didn't see? In the UK airing on fox there was a scene where rick and Morgan got knocked out and THEN was show them tied up, seams like amc didn't show that? 
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    yeah, another episode that didn't make much sense.  and rick (and morgan but at least he has the excuse that he's got schizophrenia) is the worst.  
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    My favorite part of this episode was when Rick read Carl's note but didn't reveal it to the audience as if that's an actual cliffhanger

Oh wait they already revealed it with the flash-forwards.  The TWD writers should be great at putting voice to the thoughts of a kindergarten-educated young adult, since that's what they seem to be. 
  • Killing two guys with a baseball bat is not very nice.... but I think on the scale of evil, stabbing and shooting 5 people in the backs after they had just saved your life (based on your promise everyone can live and work together) scores higher. Rick is psychopath.

#teamnegan
    Murderbearrustywright4Flukes
  • I just looked at some flowers:
    Roses are red, violets are blue. Morgan is schizophrenic, and so is Rick.