Kitboga - twitch streamer scamming the scammers

I think we have a fair amount of I.T. people in the community, but even if not this is a great twitch stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/kitboga

He has multiple personas, and will call fake support scammers, as well as the seasonal IRA tax return scammers and try to lead them on for as long as possible. It is actually quite amazing, and can lead to some incredible moments. These scammers are usually Indians, and, of course, are human... and so we see some cases where he gets them to sing to him, or to reveal their secrets, or engage in other sort of interactions beyond the "I need $500 in iTunes gift cards" type things.

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I started teaching myself Javascript last year. Right now he's fixing code... God I hate debugging.
    Okay this is hilarious. The chat is making it.
    realityzealot
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    I love the meme-o-meter. Grandma Edna is the best. 
    JaimieT
  • Hes back again, so good!
    realityzealot
  • Yup, watching ATM :)
    Wow, an IRS scammer confessed recently? Anyone know what day?
    Listen, there's two things I know?

ONE. I look really good today.

TWO. I don't know anything about computers.

So how do we fix this, do you like, come over to my house?
    Also I love this so much. "Should I just wait a minute instead of a moment?"

realityzealot
  • i think this has become my new favorite background stream
    I just got on 3 minutes ago, haha. Yeah, same. I won't like this forever, but for now it's really good.

I was watching a YouTube clip where he was talking to an IRS scammer, and at the very end of all these ridiculous statements and scenarios (buying the Google Play card), Kitboga started calling him out on the scam using the same bruh voice. The guy got frustrated and said, "Don't get oversmart!" And Kitboga said, "What? If you were a real IRS officer, you would not have just said that." 

Hahahaha.
    gguenot
  • yeah, it's great for background streaming
    Re: his son playing video games

"Leg of legumes...? Or Lego Legumes?" 

He's so good.
  • man things got real-- he was able to break one of the scammers and the guys was apologizing and discussing why its hard to find other work. 
  • Yeah... He's talking about some hate he gets for sympathizing. But if he brutalized them all I couldn't stand participating. Scammers or not, they are still human.
  • Yea and not to be a buzzkill, but I read this article that some of these scammers over seas metaphorically but sometimes literally have guns to their heads or their families. Doesnt excuse anything, but I think the streamer realizes this as well which is why he typed to him "are you safe?"

Still entertaining as fuck though! lol
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    There was a really good series of podcasts on the Reply All feed where the hosts befriend a scammer and go visit him in India.  Definitely worth a listen.
    edited April 4
    If he was mean to them I couldn't watch it. I believe 99% of these people wouldn't choose that job. They're desperate. I would probably do the same as them, had the universal birth lottery put me in India. And gradually you become desensitized to the pain you're observing and causing. 
    gguenot
  • pretty amazing call at the end of the stream today. He's got a guy on the inside now (it seems).
    gguenot
    Oh, that guy was lying IMO. He'll ask for money. I think he just decided to play it cool to the American; his attitude did a 180 after Kitboga called him childish. 
    gguenot
    edited April 9
    I'm glad someone clipped this because THIS KILLED ME when it happened. And then he went on to mention something ridiculous that I can't remember, something about being a Grand Duchess. No idea.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulWrongChimpanzeeKeyboardCat

Edit: Also this one. These were my top two moments this week.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidAgitatedKathyMcaT
    gguenotrealityzealot
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    This annoys me because I've tuned into him three times this week hoping to see something entertaining and he's always between calls or fucking with a script or just talking to chat so I'm not getting the goods.  30 minutes I wait and then move on.  I'm going to check out these clips to see what I've been missing.
    gguenot
    edited April 10
    This annoys me because I've tuned into him three times this week hoping to see something entertaining and he's always between calls or fucking with a script or just talking to chat so I'm not getting the goods.  30 minutes I wait and then move on.  I'm going to check out these clips to see what I've been missing.

Check out his YouTube channel. You get abridged versions, just the good parts. You miss the glory that is following along with chat, but you might not want to do that anyway.
  • I have to say that out of all the streams I've watched, his chat is probably the most fun

(besides BM ofc)
    JaimieT
    JaimieT said:
    Edit: Also this one. These were my top two moments this week.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidAgitatedKathyMcaT

"5 incidents"... first crossed out, then he starts drawing L-I-F-E, with each letter getting larger and larger, until it goes out of the window, continuing T-I-M-E, and then he's gone off the screen.

I haven't seen Kitboga laugh that hard and so I had to really analyze why. That's how I do. ;) 
    gguenotrealityzealot
  • Been a pretty good one so far
    Tonight's was awesome. Wow. I reset my Pixel to factory settings (battery problems, oy) and spent hours theming it up real nice in the company of Edna. 

They were real psycopaths, man. I think the scammers who are angry and rude have the more rational response to their situation.
  • Have you figured out what the memometer does in the bottom right corner ? Or what contributes to the meter?
    edited April 11
    No, I have no idea what it means or does.

But I could guess what contributes to it is something in the chat? Much like the voting system and bit donations?