Busy April for TV shows

edited April 4 in Other TV
I feel like I am going from watching next to nothing to a lot of solid shows starting up in April.  For the shows I personally watch, I've got Legion that just started back up, Expanse and Westworld are starting back up in a couple weeks and I just found out that Into the Badlands starts back up the end of April.  While Into the Badlands wasn't amazing TV by any means I found it quite enjoyable if you're able to look past the little things.  Easily most excited for Expanse and Westworld though.  Just curious if other people have similar situations and what shows they have starting up in the near future?
ElisaMichelle

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I am watching all of the above, PLUS The Terror on AMC, The Americans just started back up (their last season), and Handmade's Tale starts up late April.   B)
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I've got TWD, The Terror, The Handmaid's Tale (coming up), The Crossing, Westworld (coming up), Project Runway All Stars, Roseanne, Will and Grace, The Royals, and The Voice.  Butt firmly planted.  :)

Elisa
  • I've got tons of video games to play right through until about August. TV wise the DC stuff and agents of shield. Most of the above 
    @iMatty94 what does the UK think of The Royals tv show?  Just wondering how it's perceived across the pond.
  • I haven't watched The Terror yet, based on what I've heard this will be on their queue next year
    ElisaMichelle
  • edited April 4
    Atlanta, The Americans, Billions, Homeland, TWD, Westworld, Silicon Valley, Legion, The Magicians and Last Week Tonight are my current shows and ones that are coming up. I used to be a fan of Into the Badlands, but season 2 kind of lost me and I havent gone back yet. 

Edit adding Raised in the System to my April upcoming shows. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Oh yes, season finale of the Magicians is tonight.  I also have a list of shows (most guilty pleasures) that I am catching up on my commute.  LOL I don't want to bore you guys.  
    KingKobra
  • I'll add this in here I hope it'll add to this conversation let me know what you all think 

http://entertainmenttalk.org/live-scripted-tv-is-no-longer-necessary/
  • Michelle said:
    @iMatty94 what does the UK think of The Royals tv show?  Just wondering how it's perceived across the pond.
    No idea sorry 
    Michelle
  • edited April 5
    Elisa said:
    Oh yes, season finale of the Magicians is tonight.  I also have a list of shows (most guilty pleasures) that I am catching up on my commute.  LOL I don't want to bore you guys.  
    I've got a few shows that are just ending that I didn't add to the list but definitely excited for The Magicians finale.  I've enjoyed this season of Magicians quite a bit and I felt the typical sophomore slump wasn't nearly as bad as some shows.  I'll be interested to see how they leave this season, seems like a lot of stuff going on to finish it up in 1 episode.

KingKobra said:
    Atlanta, The Americans, Billions, Homeland, TWD, Westworld, Silicon Valley, Legion, The Magicians and Last Week Tonight are my current shows and ones that are coming up. I used to be a fan of Into the Badlands, but season 2 kind of lost me and I havent gone back yet. 

Edit adding Raised in the System to my April upcoming shows. 
    I hear ya on last season of Into the Badlands.  The 1st season had me quite excited as I thought it was very good.  The fight choreography was especially impressive but the direction season 2 went wasn't that great.  I have a tough time not finishing a show out just because of the fear that the next season they'll turn things back around for the better.  Mr. Robot is a perfect example of this in my opinion. Tons of people hated season 2 but season 3 was very good.  I'm one of the few that thought season 2 was very good as well and I feel like a big part of that was I didn't have the prison reveal ruined until they showed it.
    KingKobraElisa
  • @letrbuck2006 don’t you mean Junior slump? (This is season 3 for The Magicians). I do agree with you however that this has been a “quiet” gem for SYFY and really hasn’t fallen off. SYFY for a little bit was starting to really get some good shows. 
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    edited April 5
    Oh and Howard’s end starts this Sunday on Starz. 
  • KingKobra said:
    @letrbuck2006 don’t you mean Junior slump? (This is season 3 for The Magicians). I do agree with you however that this has been a “quiet” gem for SYFY and really hasn’t fallen off. SYFY for a little bit was starting to really get some good shows. 
    Rereading it that's how I read it as well but I meant it as in season 3 has been very good and even season 2 didn't suffer the "sophomore slump."  SYFY has stepped up to an extent recently.  I don't think it's a coincidence that some of their better and more successful material is based off books (Magicians and Expanse). 

I enjoyed Dark Matter, it was definitely a lesser show but I was able to brush off the crap that typically bugged people.  I've heard Krypton is decent but I don't think I can convince myself to watch it.  Also I've got a few friends that really enjoy Killjoys and Z Nation but I haven't jumped on board with those.  I've got too many other shows that I'm behind on or that I completely missed out on (The Wire, Battlestar Galactica, Mad Men, Black Sails being my top selections) that I want to watch.  
    KingKobraElisa
  • @letrbuck2006 you may want to look into 12 Monkeys as well. It was really the show that started the new spark (IMO). 
    ElisaJovial_Falconletrbuck2006
    Oh - the reboot of Trading Spaces starts this weekend.  Adding that to my list!
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Bosch is coming back on Amazon this month.
    Elisa
  • Shows currently airing or starting soon that I watch:
    The Americans, Atlanta, Legion, Trust, Barry,
    Silicon Valley, Brooklyn 99, Westworld.

I also need to watch the first 2 seasons of the Expanse, and thinking about watching The Terror.

Elisa
  • KingKobra said:
    @letrbuck2006 you may want to look into 12 Monkeys as well. It was really the show that started the new spark (IMO). 
    12 Monkeys is definitely on my radar.  I don't remember exactly the reason but I somehow missed setting up recordings for it and it's always been on Hulu which is the one main streaming service I don't have so I could never get caught up.  
    KingKobraElisa
  • Lost in space on netflix this weekend too. Looks like they went all in on this show.
    ElisaJovial_Falcon
  • I've got 8 or 9 episodes of the expanse for season 2 left and I hope to catch up by next week 
    Elisa