›

Need a better podcast app

Preferably one that works well with bald move I'm on android 

Comments

• Podcast addict is what i use, liked it enough to buy the ad free version 
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    I'm on Android and I love Pocket Casts. Well worth the $5.
    daveh
  • ShumShum Utah
    Podcast Republic has its issues, but it saves my spot when I pause podcasts, even if I start a different podcast and go back to it.  I haven't found another app that does that, so I've stuck with it.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Pocket Casts is very good, I like their speed up and eliminate silence algorithms and skipping intros etc...  I've apparently listened for 33 days, 4 hours since January 11 2017 and saved 20 days and 9 hours using time saving techniques (Almost 13 days from variable speed, 6 days from trimming silences_.  

Shum said:
    Podcast Republic has its issues, but it saves my spot when I pause podcasts, even if I start a different podcast and go back to it.  I haven't found another app that does that, so I've stuck with it.

I could have sworn every podcast app I've ever tried does this.  
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I love downcast.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    TaraC73 said:
    I love downcast.
    Seconded. 
  • jhpark said:
    Podcast addict is what i use, liked it enough to buy the ad free version 

+1

Podcast Addict is good.
    I use the free version.
    The ads don't bother me, they are somewhere at the bottom of the screen and easy to ignore.
  • Pocket Casts is very good, I like their speed up and eliminate silence algorithms and skipping intros etc...  I've apparently listened for 33 days, 4 hours since January 11 2017 and saved 20 days and 9 hours using time saving techniques (Almost 13 days from variable speed, 6 days from trimming silences_.  

Shum said:

I could have sworn every podcast app I've ever tried does this.  

Yes, same here. At least the Podcast Addict app I use also does this.

If I was designing a podcast app, I would consider automatically rewinding 10 seconds or so when the user returns after a while.
  • I'm back on podcast addict and have all the feeds I need now, so I'm ready for expanse and Westworld :) 
  • PocketCasts is the best. 

I used to use Doggcatcher a few years back before PocketCasts and it was good as well, but once I tried PC, I could never look back.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I've never had a problem with PocketCasts. I love it.
  • ShumShum Utah
    It's been a couple years since I've tried out other podcast apps, so if podcast republic starts giving me issues again I might have to check some of these others out.
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    Dee said:
    TaraC73 said:
    I love downcast.
    Seconded. 
    Thirded?? Yep, going with it. Thirded!