The Weather

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
What’s the sayin, it’s impolite to talk about politics or religion so stick to the weather.

So after a nice cool winter it’s murder to hit a day where it’s in the mid nineties. At least it’s not humid. 

cdrive

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    LOL, are you baiting all of us on the east coast who are enjoying winter in April? Ooooh now I'm turning the weather into a fight. ;)
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited April 9
    I'm a Brit, talking about the weather is our speciality!

It's been, as we like to say, absolutely pissing it down here all day. No signs of slowing.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    kingbee67 said:
    What’s the sayin, it’s impolite to talk about politics or religion so stick to the weather.

So after a nice cool winter it’s murder to hit a day where it’s in the mid nineties. At least it’s not humid. 

Los Angeles to the Mexican border has a very nice climate along the coast, I don't know how to describe it, but the Central Valley and the high desert out to Vegas and Phoenix are just brutal. LA can be over 100 and still feel mild and enjoyable. 

Even days where I started in the Sierras near Lee Vining or Bridgeport and drove straight down to LA, starting at 40 and ending at 100 in LA the weather still didn't feel terrible.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Ah the spring time in Texas. We were in the 80s and within 12 hours, in the 30s. We have rain, wind, hail and whatever else you can think of. It’ll range between 40 to 85 for a while until the heat comes around sometime in May. 
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    the weekend there was an early morning wind and rainstorm here, I was driving through downtown Seattle on the way home from work and it was raining enough to flood. there were radio reports of floods on the freeways and spun out vehicles. 

if you ever visit the northwest a pro-tip to remember, people here can't drive when the weather is any worse then a light sprinkle, so during any weather event someone will crash. 

Anyway now it's 60 degrees and sunshine. 

My poor brother only has to finish a few more flight hours to get his commercial license, but the weather is so inconsistent he'll show up at the airport to fly and the field will be "IFR" meaning no visual flight is allowed and once he gets home the sun comes out and the field goes back to "VFR" meaning he can fly without using the instruments, which is what he needs to do to finish. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited April 9
    When I was younger I used to love the heat. Triple digits didn’t stop me from going on a bike ride. I worked in kitchens most of my adult life. But now my age is showing, this winter was nice. We had the coolest March I could remember. So now on the hottest day this year so far, I’m really dreading the summer. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    77 for me at the moment and i too am dreading the summer. i HATE hot weather! makes me turbo irritable.

• JaimieT said:
    LOL, are you baiting all of us on the east coast who are enjoying winter in April? Ooooh now I'm turning the weather into a fight. ;)
    Pretty much this.....seems some warm weather folks want a rumble....
    ChinaskiJaimieTOliviaD
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    It’s been mid 30s (Celsius) here all week, which is bloody ridiculous because it’s the middle of Autumn. I had my air con on last night to be able to sleep. I want to be cold enough to at least have to put a cardigan on! 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    75 degrees Fahrenheit in Santa Monica, CA right now.   B) ;)
    gguenot
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Still cold in Indy. Also, 9/11 was an inside job.
    btw.. when i saw this thread pop up i thought it might be about some new annoying singer, songwriter like The Weekend or a new movie staring The Rock.

JoshuaHeterNoelakritenbrink
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I think what I enjoyed the most today was having to wear my winter hat and coat when bringing my wife to work, and then roasting when I picked her up from work.

And when I say I enjoyed it, I mean I want to punch the weather in the face.
  • Cubs home opener canceled due to snow.  That's the spring I know and love.
    majjam0770
    Pangs said:
    Cubs home opener canceled due to snow.  That's the spring I know and love.
    wimps! white sox did it :p
    russkelly
  • edited April 10
    I'm quite excited, it's supposed to get up into the 40s (fahrenheit) today in Minnesota.  It is quite frustrating wanting spring to finally show up when we've got more snow in the forecast this weekend.  
  • MichelleMichelle California
    It's cold and rainy today.  Typical Humboldt County weather for spring.  I'm looking forward to some summer sun... bring it on!!!
    A lot cooler than yesterday. Had a mow and cut down palm tree. Feels good.
    same here. slightly overcast and 67ish.. good running weather
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Had our first tornado warning just now. First time having an Android phone during one and it started buzzing to take shelter, which was interesting.

Local weather says something small touched down about 20 minutes north. Sunny all day, got dark in a flash.
    majjam0770
    Had our first tornado warning just now. First time having an Android phone during one and it started buzzing to take shelter, which was interesting.

Local weather says something small touched down about 20 minutes north. Sunny all day, got dark in a flash.
    I slept thru a tornado once. I woke heard a train go by, I was so tired I didn’t realize that the train tracks are not in the back yard.
    majjam0770MattyWeaves
  • DeeDee Adelaide

There’s tornadoes in New York? I thought they were all down south. Take care! 
  • I grew up in Missouri, right in Tornado Alley - I remember many a time rushing to the basement during a tornado warning.   The sky change is really cool, like @MattyWeaves described though I was also pretty scared as a kid when this happened.  We had close calls but our house never got hit thankfully.    

Now I'm in the PNW and right now the spring weather is about as good as weather can be.  But with spring comes some issues.  My neighborhood has had a couple swarms of honeybees looking for a place to hive and looks like they chose a shrub by my driveway.  And I have to park right by it  so I can plug in my car to charge.  Luckily, if they don't swarm away, one of my bee-keeping neighbors  is coming to get them soon.

Sorry this wandered more into insect stuff than weather but it is kind of related to spring.  I also get a hole punch on my Obnoxious Seattle-ite membership card every time I say, "I am having trouble plugging my electric car in due to a hive of protected honey bees being in the way."
    akritenbrink
    i have family in Orange County and apparently it's suppose to turbo hot today and into the weekend. stay cool and hydrated SoCal Bald Movers.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Easy post for me. Being on the equator There’s really only 2 types of weather here. Hot or Hot and rainy. Occasionally we get a pretty good thunderstorm but that’s about it. 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    They always say summer doesn't start in Seattle until July 4. It's warm-ish today but cloudy. @emnofseattle is right- even though this is a city known for rain, when it actually rains, people can't drive worth a shit. OK, now I am caught up lol

edited July 6
    102 currently, not as bad as I thought.  

An hour later it’s now 107
    Chinaski
  • I belive we are having a heatwave in the UK. Fuck it's so hot 
    kingbee67 said:
    102 currently, not as bad as I thought.  

An hour later it’s now 107
    i guess Anaheim is at 107 too. i'd be so miserable if disneyland was in my cards today. long lines, crowds and hot weather.. that's my purgatory.
    @Chinaski ;
    You gotta get a Dole Whip and sit in the Tiki Room for a few shows. Take a cool nap in The Hall Of Presidents. 
    Chinaski