Nolan and Joy Offer to Spoil Entirety of Westworld Season 2

Has anyone else seen this reddit AMA nolan and joy did today? Jonah Nolan said if he got 1000 upvotes he'd release a video revealing the entirety of the plot of Season 2 and that way people can choose whether to spoil themselves or not. My personal opinion is that this would completely suck the fun out of watching and theorizing about the show week to week but I realize people have different opinions on the matter. Also, I'm pretty suspicious that the video will just be a red herring, or more likely that a lot of it will be true but they change the end so that the redditors are caught off guard. In any case if it is true, it seems to me like a pretty big overreaction to reddit figuring out the the twists of last season. My only hope is that the reason they are even entertaining this idea is because they feel that the strengths of the season are less so about the big twists and more so about the character moments. 

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited April 10
    I can’t imagine HBO would allow them to actually do that for real. So it’s probably a joke. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited April 10
    This sounds like an awful idea and doesn't solve any problems. The community figuring things out together for a show is part of the fun. The Internet has been around long enough that people know what they're getting into if they engage in discussions, read reviews, and listen to podcasts. I don't think I'm in the minority, but I enjoy engaging in the discussion and don't feel that fan theories have ever spoiled anything for me, even when they turn out to be correct. But if the actual plot to the season is freely available beforehand, there's no opportunity for discussion, speculation, and fan theories. I'd probably end up having to ignore any discussion, any reviews, and any podcasts about the show. That doesn't sound like fun.

If they posted fake spoilers, that would also be pretty awful.
  • If you thought GoT was bad and a mine field, this would be worse IMO. 
    clone56
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    1000 upvotes is way too low for something like that. 
    Cogentxx
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Nope nope nope. I trust the individual fans of the show to not spoil everything, but there are way too many shitty people that will go around trying to ruin it. Anyone remember when The Half Blood Prince came out?

Not to mention, the click bait articles, social media posts, etc. will be everywhere.
    Cogentxx
    If true, this will probably backfire spectacularly; if false, this could be a good troll I guess. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 10
    They posted a video. @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard need to do a detailed analysis!

aturner1205KingKobra
  • Can’t believe they did it. I wonder if one or both will do it ((I’m guessing A-Ron so that he can weed out the feedback). This is going to make discussing this show “difficult”. Looks like mods over on the r/Westworld have locked things down as well (they have their work cut out for them). I give them props for sticking to their word, but Fck....
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    wow.
  • I have no idea what this is because I haven't looked it up. I will say however that I saw the trailer and it didn't catch my attention as much as season 1s did.  Hopefully it's not utter tripe.
  • The first 5 minutes don't really have any spoilers and are definitely worth watching. I would never let you down.
    Alkaid13Kristinaladylarsen
    Is it real or a troll?
    edited April 10
    Ok yes it’s a troll. GG Westworld. 
    KingKobra
  • Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn I got played.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Westworld wins marketing campaign of the year...
    UnitedinOrangeKristina
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Least they could have done is get a dog that can actually play the piano.
  • Wow I was seriously sweating for a little bit there. That was incredible, way to go Westworld!!
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well damn. What a sad ending!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    All this video has done is massively increase my crush on Evan Rachel Wood.
    Murderbear
  • You know that mediocre generic sound you've been looking for? Well, listen to this!