Deadwood movie green lighted by HBO

edited July 25 in Other TV
Apparently the movie is inching closer to reality. It would be nice to finally get some closure to this great show. 

http://deadline.com/2018/04/deadwood-hbo-movie-close-green-light-california-tax-credit-fall-production-start-1202361062/

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    If this ever actually sees the light of day I will be astounded and very, very happy. They just have been promising it for ages, so long so that I'd given up hope of it ever being a reality. 
  • Isn't it just tits and dragons?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    oh hell yeah!
  • ShumShum Utah
    Looks like I found the next show I'm gonna rewatch!
  • hell to the motherfucking yeah!
    I feel like I've heard about this thing being greenlit at least 10 times. I can't wait, but in all honesty I will believe it once I see a trailer. 
    JaimieT
  • edited July 26
    By far my favourite show of all time, but between how much of the cast will no longer be available and Milch having done some less impressive work in the interim, I'm keeping my expectations well within fucking reason, lest the grandeur of my imaginings fails to manifest in the endeavor itself.
    ken hale
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Anyone here know of a good Deadwood podcast? I'm thinking something on the level of Bald Move's coverage of The Leftovers. I'll ask in a podcast thread too...
  • Unauthorized Cinnamon is a great Deadwood podcast, unfortunately they just stopped after season 2 episode 9.
    Hooplecast is another one I have tried listening to. They have 3 guest podcasters each episode in addition to the host. The first episode is hard to listen to as one of the guests is a lady who can't speak without laughing at the end of every sentence and it is terribly annoying. The second episode is better since she isn't on it but I still haven't been able to get into it like I did with Unauthorized Cinnamon.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Shawnb said:
    Unauthorized Cinnamon is a great Deadwood podcast, unfortunately they just stopped after season 2 episode 9.
    Hooplecast is another one I have tried listening to. They have 3 guest podcasters each episode in addition to the host. The first episode is hard to listen to as one of the guests is a lady who can't speak without laughing at the end of every sentence and it is terribly annoying. The second episode is better since she isn't on it but I still haven't been able to get into it like I did with Unauthorized Cinnamon.

That's a shame re: Hooplecast. I noticed it's the only one that finishes it out. I'll try it anyway...
  • I feel like I've heard about this thing being greenlit at least 10 times. I can't wait, but in all honesty I will believe it once I see a trailer. 
    Previous articles have been speculative, and there have been tons of them, usually based off a quote from one of the major players at TCA or a Con saying something like "Sure, I'd love to Deadwood again" or "I heard Milch was working on something." A few years back, HBO gave Milch an exclusive contract to create content for them: to help to do some script doctoring, help Pizzolato with True Detective and write a script for a Deadwood movie. Apparently he's got quite the gambling addiction and desperately needed a break to help get the IRS off his back. Plepler is a huge Deadwood fan, and he greenlit the script, which made a lot of news. This week's news was the first official production greelight of anything Deadwood-related, and I doubt they would announce it without some formal and some informal agreements with key cast members. 
    Naugustine
    Okay, cool, thanks for the insight. It seems like the stars have finally aligned then. 
  • JaimieT said:
    Shawnb said:
    Unauthorized Cinnamon is a great Deadwood podcast, unfortunately they just stopped after season 2 episode 9.

That's a shame re: Hooplecast. I noticed it's the only one that finishes it out. I'll try it anyway...

Unauthorized Cinnamon just started back up their podcast after over a year absence. Hopefully they follow through finishing the series!