Podcast Wrapup - April 24th

As we announced in today's podcast, Jim and I are retiring the Watching Dead podcast *after* the completion of season 8. Yes, this means we will cover this season's finale, episode 816. We are also recording one final podcast to reminisce about all the good times we've had over the years. 

This is where you come in. Have a favorite moment or meme that spawned from this pod? Post it here or to watchingdead@baldmove.com and help us send off the podcast in style!

If possible, let us know the particular episode that has your favorite moments... We're hoping to pull the old audio and make it into a greatest hits kind of thing.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone's favoritie moments and memories of the podcast are!

NaugustineDrKenMichaelDoubleA_RonKingKobraiMatty94Alkaid13Jovial_Falconjtmy92darthcaedus1138and 12 others.

Comments

• I knew this day would come when you two announced your decision to stop podcasting The Walking Dead.  I have listened to you struggle through the years but I was always joyful when you found some semblance of humor and meaning in this train wreck of a show.  I held on as a watcher, though not necessarily a fan, until Carl died.  That was it for me, too, A-Ron!  I surely hope your last cast of this show is as fun as your skits and drunken commentary have been all these years!!  Fiesta on and I’ll listen to WestWorld and GOT faithfully!!  Always a fan of BaldMove, 
    Jen in Honolulu.
    ZandraKela15
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    It’s like the end of Old Yeller, but if Old Yeller sucked for six years before he got rabies. 
    lengmophoenyx1023MurderbearFlukeshypergenesbasmallcatajlc1985JennyMsAnne
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Dee said:
    It’s like the end of Old Yeller, but if Old Yeller sucked for six years before he got rabies. 
    SPOILER ALERT!!!
    MichaelMichelleDeeKingKobraZandraMurderbear
  • MichaelMichael Virginia
    Trying to think of the good times is tough. Daryl blowing up the tank was cool. Oh, and Carol badass assault on Terminius I think will be my all time favorite moment from the show. 
    Kela15
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Rick the Gun Farmer and Wildcat Daryl are just two off the top of my head.
    podcartfanKela15Travis
  • This gives me the sads.
    nstinsonrusskelly
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    edited April 11
    Guy Ferrari.

Also, it’s way too long to play in its entirety, but the spoiler section from ep 309 (The Suicide King) is fucking hilarious.  Listening to A.Ron try to make it through the shitshow that is the description of the following week's episode: sublime.  "Walkers are driving vans!"
    MichelleWalnut FreyMelonuskDeek_Fasay
  • Any mention of Eugene's dick biting prowess always cracked me up. 
    podcartfanKela15Travis
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    How about all the cold rolled references set to a gangsta rap beat?
    TxSandManpodcartfandarthcaedus1138Kela15Flukes
  • ShumShum Utah
    It's finally happening! Don't get me wrong, I love this podcast, but Jim and Aron's time could be better spent on literally any other show.  I've been wanting them to rage quit TWD since season 5.  Very excited for the wrap up fiesta!!
    Kela15
  • as i recall, lori's long-awaited death was a high point.
    Kela15
  • Guy Ferrari is gonna be gutted
    Kela15
  • My favorite moment from the podcast, still to this day, is the spoiler section of episode 3.9 “suicide king” where an anonymous source leaked the description of the next episode, “Home”, and Jim and a.ron proceed to read it while intoxicated and laugh their asses off at the craziness that ensues including the death of “Attica on speed, man” Axel. Still funny as hell to listen to.
    DoubleA_RonMelonusk
  • So, I’m way behind on this show, I’m catching up to it, just finished 8:7.

SPIOLERS (as if y’all don’t already know.)

I think I’m gonna be done w/ the show at the end of the season as well. Can not believe what I just saw the allies do to Negan’s compound. They have a miraculous amazing way to surround them, just have to wait them out with sniper rifles, and they fuck even that up. I can’t believe what Daryl and Michonne just did. It’s truly unforgivable, and the cold open for the next episode should be the allies executing those two for treason. I would honestly switch sides if I were living in this world. At least Negan is competent.
  • As a long time Bald Move fan, please reconsider doing season 9 Walking Dead especially now with Angela Kang as the new show runner.

acp14
    My favorite moment from the podcast, still to this day, is the spoiler section of episode 3.9 “suicide king” where an anonymous source leaked the description of the next episode, “Home”, and Jim and a.ron proceed to read it while intoxicated and laugh their asses off at the craziness that ensues including the death of “Attica on speed, man” Axel. Still funny as hell to listen to.
    My man.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I haven't had stock in this show for a while so I don't care if it's a flat, "no." But a question not worthy of the podcast, if they somehow announce next season is the last, would you guys consider finishing it up?

Just curious.
  • A_Ron should do the entire final podcast in Rick voice.
    iMatty94Kela15MurderbearFlukeshypergenesbMelonuskTravisjleav382Dani
  • The parts that made me laugh the most that come to mind are:
    * Whatever episode it was when they first meet Aaron and the tornado happens. I remember something they said about Daryl that just had me rolling laughing it was so good. 
    * The birth of the Guy Ferari meme. The moment surrounding that also had me laughing so hard.
    * Any time A-ron gets incredulous, i.e. The walker rising and falling down the stairs in a recent episode. Those always slay me.
    Kela15
  • I loved the coverage of Slabtown, and all of the Lori as a horrible mother meltdown commentary.
    Kela15Travis
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    My absolute favorite moment of the podcast was the impromptu skit about Darryl's woodcraft and putting his pant legs into his boots to avoid ticks.  That fed  into a skit where Darryl is furious about Eugene's shorts and why he doesn't wear jeans.  Jeans are in your name, Eugene!  Thousands of empty jeans laying around in huskey boy sizes, put on some GD Denim!

I wish I knew which episode that was on so I could listen to that again.  I laughed and laughed at that one. 
    DoubleA_Rondarthcaedus1138Demic
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Alexandria - "WHO'S DEANNA??", and the numerous plays on 'cold rolled' - "that's some cold rolled buuuullllshit".  Meeting Abraham and Eugene for the first time (season 4, episode 11).  
    Kela15
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    So many great memories:The Cooking with Carol skits!!!!

Every time Daryl and Carol hugged!

Carol attacking Terminus!

Carol and Maggie on the Killing Floor with the Saviour women!

BatCarol!

Sassy Daryl! (Remember "Choke hold's illegal!")

Special mention: T-Dog, Dale and Jacqui!

FlukesTravisdarthcaedus1138Dani
    rhcoop said:
    My absolute favorite moment of the podcast was the impromptu skit about Darryl's woodcraft and putting his pant legs into his boots to avoid ticks.  That fed  into a skit where Darryl is furious about Eugene's shorts and why he doesn't wear jeans.  Jeans are in your name, Eugene!  Thousands of empty jeans laying around in huskey boy sizes, put on some GD Denim!

I wish I knew which episode that was on so I could listen to that again.  I laughed and laughed at that one. 
    Ep 510, Them
    rhcoopA_Ron_Hubbard
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Since i was a big Glenn Fan i'll always remember the Live watch and Podcast of the Glenn Dumpster Fire and the Season Finale and Premiere of Glenn getting the bat 2 parter.  
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Kela15 said:
    Special mention: T-Dog, Dale and Jacqui!
    WHO'S JACQUI???  :grin:  

Ah, I miss Abraham.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    rhcoop said:

Ep 510, Them
    I'm going to listen to that later today, thanks!
  • edited April 12
    How about a master list of all the nicknames for the characters? Off the top of my head:

fistbump
    carhart
    barcode
    ratface jesus
    romulan subcommander
    commander janeway
    doodle bug
    Carl's Jr.

I'm certainly forgetting some more from the earlier seasons

FernNYC17lengmodarthcaedus1138Kela15FlukesiMatty94MelonuskDeeA_Ron_Hubbard
  • rhcoop said:

THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT. I am 90% sure it's the episode we first meet Aaron..
  • rhcoop said:

I just did a quick check:
    http://baldmove.com/watching-dead-podcast/510-them-2/

53:50-55:20

Let's try to get more exact time tags and links in here!

Alkaid13rhcoopA_Ron_Hubbardskicreative