301 - Fight or Flight

Writer: Hallie Lambert
Director: Breck Eisner
Alkaid13Elisa

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Heyo, I’m glad I don’t have to deal with all those notifications now. 
  • edited April 12
    I haven't watched a show live in a while.  I forgot how many commercials there are on broadcast TV.  It really ruined the pacing for me.  I'll be DVRing the rest of the season so I can FFW through the junk.  
    Yeah I always just DVR these things unless there’s like a live watch. Fuck commercials. 
    Sir FarsathElisa
    Errinwright is much more conniving than I previously considered. 
    The_Third_ManDoctor_Nick
  • He's desperate now that his plan to kill Mao and Avasarala fell through.  It was a masterful set up, but it was dumb to leave comm evidence.  
    Elisa
    To be fair he expected everyone to blow up along with the evidence. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Some cool personal moments along with some well needed setup to connect last season to season 3 and awesome visuals.  A very good and satisfying episode for me. Hope we get to see ANDERSON Dawes soon. 
    The_Third_Man
  • Very good first Ep and quite dependent on the viewer having complete understanding of the world and the prior two seasons. I for one found that refreshing. No gratuitous exposition or wasted moments, and A LOT of set-up for the short- and long-term. A short-term example being Chrisjen/Cotyar getting the record of Errinwright's message before they left Mao's ship, and a long-term example clearly being Alex's message 'home.'

Also I think they set up Amos' understanding of the rightness of finding Prax's daughter in S2 and the tipping point obviously being Naomi's revealed secret. Amos probably still needs that guidestar but there are signs he's trying to make better decisions on his own. Great stuff. Prax didn't have a lot to do in Ep1 but Io will be a watershed for his character.
    Elisa
  • edited April 12
    And I don't think these are spoilers...just comments. Nick Tarabay as Cotyar and Shawn Doyle as Errinwright are outstanding. Their characters in the novels are almost throwaways but because of their respective performances it would seem they are being given a lot more weight and it's fun not knowing where the showrunners will take those two.
    ElisaJaimieT
  • Elisa said:
    Some cool personal moments along with some well needed setup to connect last season to season 3 and awesome visuals.  A very good and satisfying episode for me. Hope we get to see ANDERSON Dawes soon. 
    I second this about Dawes.  I love his character and Jared Harris is a great actor in my opinion.  I haven't read the books so I'm really looking forward to see what he ends up doing.  He's got a lot of power having the one of the few people that have detailed knowledge of the protomolecule.  Also glad that the Roci team is acting the way they are towards Naomi.  I hope things end up smoothing out BUT they are acting the way they should given what she did.  I could see a lesser show brushing this off quickly to forward the plot.
    The_Third_ManMajorMalfunctionElisadarthcaedus1138
  • I doubt we'll see Dawes this season unfortunately. I too love his character in the show. Jared Harris indicated on twitter that he is no longer on The Expanse and his appearences in the novels are very sparse going forward. THAT SAID, they have already changed a lot from what was originally written, and notably when things happen, so who knows. And it would be a nice move to have Harris publicly indicate he's no longer on the show but appear in surprise fashion later on. My guess would be if he comes back it would be next season or beyond.
  • Question...when Avasarala hands Cotyar something when they part at the end of the episode and she says don't forget to take your antibiotics...was it just medicine she was handing him or was it the memory core with Errinwright's message on it? I've watch that scene a few times and I can't tell.
  • Question...when Avasarala hands Cotyar something when they part at the end of the episode and she says don't forget to take your antibiotics...was it just medicine she was handing him or was it the memory core with Errinwright's message on it? I've watch that scene a few times and I can't tell.
    I took it as just the medicine.  Wasn't the memory core larger and more rectangular whereas I thought what she gave him was a lot smaller than that.  I'll have to watch it again though.
    I took it as just the medicine.  Wasn't the memory core larger and more rectangular whereas I thought what she gave him was a lot smaller than that.  I'll have to watch it again though.
    That's what I thought...but when Avasarala first gets the large memory core thing she breaks it up and only keeps a smaller piece. I'm probably making too much of this, but it's no small plot point who has that memory core...Cotyar or Avasarala.
  • I'm probably making too much of this, but it's no small plot point who has that memory core...Cotyar or Avasarala.
    Agreed, I remember him from Spartacus... don't trust him :D 

Amazing actor, though.
    Elisa
  • Binged watched season 1 and 2. A very complicated story line. Too complicated for the 
    average viewer.

Actress who played Naomi Nagata - awful from beginning to end. Cringe at every time she spoke. She does not know how to act full stop.

Fave character  - Amos.

Chrisjen Avasarala - got to love her but when swearing she's not the best.

CGI space ship stuff - top notch - in fact stunning,

Overall it's a chore to get to get through most episodes. No wonder very few folk are 
    watching it.

• I've found it very easy viewing from the second second season, but I agree that season 1 was work to get through. Rewarding work ultimately, but still work... Hopefully enough viewers will hear about it and put in that work. 
    Elisa