Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole. Good. 
    MurderbearChinaskiCretanBullcdrive
  • I've been following this story unfold over the last few months, it's been crazy!  A guy named Apollo Legend originally exposed another famous gamer (Todd Rogers) and then when Jeremy Young exposed Billy Mitchell, Apollo Legend hoped on that fight too.  He hasn't posted a new video on youtube in about a month because apparently Mitchell is threatening to sue him.  At one point as the story was unfolding, Apollo Legend showed up as an event 'disguised' as Billy Mitchell (he wore a wig, fake beard and had a tacky American flag tie!).

Apollo Legend's video: 

There's a couple of really good video game podcasters who covered the whole story as it unfolded, search youtube for users named "Drop Rate" and "Tipster".

Chinaskipicorock80
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    ^^^Ha ha ha. Is this guy joking, or does he really think East Side Dave isn't being tongue in cheek when he puts he tongue in Billy's ass?

• Freddy said:
    ^^^Ha ha ha. Is this guy joking, or does he really think East Side Dave isn't being tongue in cheek when he puts he tongue in Billy's ass?
    It's not about the sincerity of the interview, its the fact that Billy would only allow himself to be interviewed by someone who wouldn't press him - a joke/tongue in cheek interview was a safe outlet for him.
  • ShumShum Utah
    So happy to hear about this!  I watched King of Kong a couple years back and would highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Shum said:
    So happy to hear about this!  I watched King of Kong a couple years back and would highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it.
    Its a fantastic movie. Even better if you love video games, but overall pretty awesome. 
    Shum
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited April 14
    good, he's an asshole.  my brother is a good arcade game player (he holds a few 1 and 2 spots himself on twingalaxies, ie time pilot, jungle hunt), he was actually peripherally involved in this expose i guess.  he's always said billy was better at self-promotion than he was at playing arcade games.
    CretanBullcdrive
  • Billy Mitchell's statement:

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha what a clown! i think @Jim could totally pull off a Billy Mitchell halloween get up!
    voodoorat
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited April 16
    What I've gleaned from a few youtube channels and retro game message boards is that Billy's defense is going to centre on attacking a guy named Dwayne Richard.  Apparently Billy and Dwayne have been rivals for years and Dwayne publicly said that he was going to take-down Billy.  Billy is claiming that the video of his high score that shows mame play isn't his actual tape, it was one created by Dwayne and fed to Jeremy Young to discredit Billy.  He says that this same fake was used in King of Kong too...I'd like to hear how he explains that a fake tape got put in a courier package and sent to Twin Galaxies...is UPS in on the conspiracy?  He's also hired someone to collect affidavits from people (I'm gonna guess friends!) who claimed to have witnessed his high score.