Very off topic. I think I've got clinical depression

I have no idea what to do. I've had an awful couple of weeks with thoughts and feelings that have just been horrible and I just don't know what to do. I'm doing counselling at the moment and went to the NHS website for information and i know I'm right i just have no idea what to do. And my family have no idea what to do either and they seam oblivious to the whole thing 

Comments

• russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I'm in a similar situation. I am going to talk to my doctor. I have also seen counselors and it just seems like we talk in circles. People around me don't seem to understand how bad it is either. Thanks for saying something. I'm looking forward to other people's thoughts.
    iMatty94JaimieT
  • Talk to your doctor about this as soon as you can.
    I have boughts with depression - have even been on meds for a bit to get me through the worst of it.
    It's good that you recognize what's going on - that's the first step.  Talking to your doctor is a good next step.

I also wanted to let you know that you're welcome to message me if you want to/need to talk.  Things may seem dark now, but they *will* get better!
    iMatty94
  • What they've said is 100% on, talk to your doctor about it. And don't hesitate to reach out, feel free to direct message me if you need someone to talk to.  I've dealt with very minor bouts of depression but the biggest thing is to not bottle it up inside. 
    MurderbeariMatty94
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited April 14
    I attempted 2 meds, and the 1st one was okay but too numbing. The 2nd one turned the suicidal thoughts off like a light switch and seemed to leave everything else the same. Before that, people kept telling me I was "strong" and to not resort to medicine. When most of your sadness just, poof, goes away... I laugh at people who thought this was a matter I could control through willpower.

My general practitioner helped me find the right meds.

Years later, I'm still taking them and I'm in therapy now. I think I'm making actual progress now that I'm not sad all the time.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk specific meds. I found my 2nd med because a friend recommended it, but everyone's physiology is different. I believe you that your last few weeks have been fucking awful and I'm so sorry it's been like that. I have an oblivious family too. Lucky them. 
    TravisMrXrusskelly
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    It sounds like you already are in some kind of treatment, so it would be good to go back and tell them what you are telling us. Maybe there is another mode of treatment that will work better for you. Depression is a very common condition and there are a variety of treatments for it. I have a sort of related condition and I have been tweaking my treatment plan for years and constantly improving it to where now I feel either normal or great most of the time.