Bosch Season 4

emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
edited April 15 in Other TV
This is an original series on Amazon Prime, based on the popular Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly. Not much to say without getting spoiler-y (I don't know how you discuss a series where all the episodes are dumped on night one and those of us with the weekend off have already seen every episode without spoilers) but is anyone else seeing it? How does it compare with the previous seasons? 

Notacult

Comments

• I enjoy the show, I’ll be watching, but I do find it hard to jump back in after a hiatus beacause there’s so many sub plots and characters. I just kind of allow myself to not always know exactly what is going on. I still find it enjoyable. Great show, but not great enough to rewatch. 
  • This is my elliptical watch.   Got to finish Longmire Season 5 first....
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Notacult said:
    I enjoy the show, I’ll be watching, but I do find it hard to jump back in after a hiatus beacause there’s so many sub plots and characters. I just kind of allow myself to not always know exactly what is going on. I still find it enjoyable. Great show, but not great enough to rewatch. 
    My father and I watch this show together, and he’s read all the books and I haven’t so he always seems to understand what’s happening. 

I do do like how they’re able to stick to stories from the books while making the show topical to today’s audience. 

spoiler below 

I had to be reminded when we were reintroduced to the bicycle murderer, I haven’t seen past episode 3 yet but I had forgotten all about that they never caught him in season 3. 

However subplots like this are a positive of the show, because they seem to be able to perfectly weave the subplots together, and in a welcome break from normal TV shows, they leave some subplots on the table for next season without making them a dramatic cliff hanger, like the bicycle K-town killer from S3 to S4
    Notacult
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Is this the final season? Seems like they wrapped up all the on going storylines this season.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    fidoz said:
    Is this the final season? Seems like they wrapped up all the on going storylines this season.
    No, it’s been renewed for s5

http://tvline.com/2018/02/13/bosch-renewed-season-5-amazon/
    fidozNotacult