816 - Wrath

Directed by: Greg Nicotero 
Written by: IMDB didn't list any writers so who cares
gguenot

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well, good thing literally no one on Negan's team had bullets in their guns before the big day!
    gguenotjleav382VnswiftrusskellyDoubleA_Ron
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    A halfway decent finale that should’ve come last half season and will almost certainly lose any and all goodwill built up immediately next season. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    And with that I’m out, peace ✌️. 
  • edited April 16
    The guys on the Livewatch were complaining about the throat slash, but thats pretty much exactly how it happened in the comics.... But oh my god this Maggie/Jesus/Daryl storyline will be putrid. Its amazing to me that in this entire war, the only casualty from actual fighting was Eric. I dont count the bites for Tobin and Carl
    darthcaedus1138
    I'm confused why no kill Jesus is pissed they didn't finish Negan. Shouldn't he be happy? Isn't this what he's always talking about? Oh, wait, flip flopping morals is what makes this show interesting. I forgot.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Watching hoops tonight. Terror tomorrow. Maybe do this on Tues. Fuck this show. Love the dudes for making it fun at the end. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Yeah, the Jesus flip-flop at the end was very confusing... unless he's playing along and is going to turn on Maggie and try to stop her?  Maybe something happens and that's when Lauren Cohan leaves the show?

So glad the never ending war is finally over.
  • Schism at the end was hilarious. I’m so glad I’m done with this show. It wasn’t a bad finale, but there was a bunch of dumb shit in there.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
  • I'm confused why no kill Jesus is pissed they didn't finish Negan. Shouldn't he be happy? Isn't this what he's always talking about? Oh, wait, flip flopping morals is what makes this show interesting. I forgot.
    I was completely confused by that too. I mean if anyone approves of Rick's plan, wouldn't it be Jesus? Didn't he mention several times in this very episode how they don't have to kill?
    Murderbear
  • I thought so many things about this episode were laughable. The show really has gone downhill. Amazingly, this is some of the best stuff from the comic, and they turned it into a pretty big steaming pile of shit. I'll probably keep watching, but mainly just for the lols.
  • I shut it off 3/4 of the way through when I realized this was becoming a FTWD transition. 
  • I didn't see the episode. I read recaps and listen to the podcast. Did Eugene really stay with Negan to sabotage the bullets without ever telling that to the people who risked life and limb to rescue him in the past?
  • Yes 
    russkelly
  • A really good finale.
    I'm glad the Negan/Saviours story arc has finished - It went on for far too long.

Lets hope, with a new show runner, the next season gets better. I, for one, am willing to 
    give it a go.

Deek_Fasayrusskelly
  • tonyp1222tonyp1222 new york
    What absolute dogshit. I don't have the energy to expend further upon that opinion. 
    hisdudeness915
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited April 16
    i was pretty into it until the most ridiculous Maggy/Jesus/Darryl evil villian monologue plot. It was like a 70s Jame Bond villian scene. 

Maggie sounds like some straight up B villian while Jesus has this cringy ass shitty maniacal smile and Daryl is just yea, i just let dwight go but im in...
    Jennydarthcaedus1138
  • edited April 16
    I'm confused why no kill Jesus is pissed they didn't finish Negan. Shouldn't he be happy? Isn't this what he's always talking about? Oh, wait, flip flopping morals is what makes this show interesting. I forgot.
    I was completely confused by that too. I mean if anyone approves of Rick's plan, wouldn't it be Jesus? Didn't he mention several times in this very episode how they don't have to kill?
    My take is that Jesus is in favour of not killing Negans crew as some of them are under Negans thumb and can be useful in the future.But for that to work the head of the snake needs to cut off.
  • Absolutely horrendous finale.  Angela Kang has her hands full next season.  I wont be watching unless there's universal praise for the turnaround midway through the season.  Which, the odds of that...
    So when Eugene had his gun to Gabey's head, he was shaking like a branch in a hurricane. I thought that was cause he didn't have the balls to shoot someone, especially someone he knows, but now I wonder if it's cause he was nervous about having to use his gun and blowing the plan. Cause I'm pretty sure that was the pistol that blew up in Negan's hand. (When he was so smartly using a pistol in a long range gun battle with his sworn enemy....)
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    So when Eugene had his gun to Gabey's head, he was shaking like a branch in a hurricane. I thought that was cause he didn't have the balls to shoot someone, especially someone he knows, but now I wonder if it's cause he was nervous about having to use his gun and blowing the plan. Cause I'm pretty sure that was the pistol that blew up in Negan's hand. (When he was so smartly using a pistol in a long range gun battle with his sworn enemy....)
    I swear that gun looked like it was made out of rubber. I think McDermitt went a little overboard there. 
  • "We are worse than we were, me and you" - Morgan to Rick or is it really Lennie to Andrew because that felt like it had a lot of meta truth to it.
    MurderbearAlkaid13Kela15
  • Could have been worse I suppose, I will say the prospect of Hilltop VS Alexandria has me intrigued for next season. I realize I'm basically in a dis-functional relationship with this show, i've been with her for so long I can't just walk away. Whoever's left after the smoke clears, I'll see ya in October for Season 9. 
    hisdudeness915
  • GaryGary Columbus, OH
      After the rest of the guns malfunction Eugene fumbles with the revolver as The Saviors descended on him, but I could have sworn I saw him shoot one in the leg. I'm pretty sure it's the gun that Negan test fired and handed back to him so it was live rounds so either he didn't want to shoot Gabrielle or realized he doesn't know how to handle a weapon. And I agree that the gun looked fake as hell they should have gotten a better one for the close ups.
  • Well, good thing literally no one on Negan's team had bullets in their guns before the big day!
    I said the same thing at home. Not one person. 
    Murderbear
    Yeah, I think you're right @Gary. I was thinking Negan took his gun during the Gabe confrontation but Eugene did have it during the big battle.
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    ncat said:
    "We are worse than we were, me and you" - Morgan to Rick or is it really Lennie to Andrew because that felt like it had a lot of meta truth to it.
    Hit the proverbial right on the head there! Well done you!
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    tabs64 said:
    A really good finale.
    I'm glad the Negan/Saviours story arc has finished - It went on for far too long.

Lets hope, with a new show runner, the next season gets better. I, for one, am willing to 
    give it a go.

I liked the finale, too. I understand how sloppy the writing is and how technically terrible it is, but I have actually come to like the show again. I'll be back for more.
  • So i'm only halfway through the episode and taking a break because of frustration. One of my incredulous thoughts is that Rick and co would have had their asses handed to them if not for Eugene and the Oceanside crew. Also what were they gawking at over to the left as they advanced through the field? The forrest? Was there a herd? And i had to chuckle at the Saviors milling about in the sanctuary while Negan was talking to Eugene and Gabriel. I saw the same guy walk by in the background three times. I realize that it is to give the impression that there are a lot of saviors but at least make them look like they are doing something productive not just wandering around in a big circle. ok..i'm going back in. 
  • ok...finished it. I did see that they were looking at giant herd. Anyway the episode got really boring after the battle. More repetitive dialog. Maggie, Jesus and Daryl turning evil is weird and off-putting. Putting Negan in jail is straight out of the comics so presumably they'll pick up the story of the comic next season? That would be fine but TBH i wish this had been the finale of the show. I am not looking forward to next season, i don't have any confidence that they will fix the writing / direction problems. It makes me sad. 
    Zandra
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited April 16
    That ending was stupid! The whole thing with Rick slashing his throat and then talking about not killing him to make him an example. If he didn’t mean to kill him why did he go for the throat. He could have cut his jugular with that slash. Then what, he be like whatever? Then to top it off the Maggie and Jesus thing was so lame! After all we have seen from Jesus, they want us to believe he will just go along with that plan.

Everyone mount up! also those bullets are supposed to be like that. Yes I know you once were a army ranger and you have been using weapons all your life but these are new bullets. Don’t question me I’m Neagan !

Also when rick gave that crying thing or whatever that was. If I was Neagan I would have crushed his skull for bad acting. What the fuck was that any way? Was he on the verge of laughing about such poor writing? 

I think they.make this show with multiple outs so if one way seems too impossible then go with plan b.  

Rant over! Good day sir!
    Kela15