NFL 2018/19 Chat Thread

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
schedules slowly trickling in. Bears and Packs, Sunday night primetime to kick off the season!

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/19/17256330/nfl-schedule-2018-rumors-leaks
Hatorian

Comments

• Raiders!!!!!! 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Niners/Raiders is a Thursday night game? Ugh. They should really keep that to Browns and Bills games.
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Last year probably can't be topped for me...I'm an Eagles fan. 28 years of fandom finally paid off.

Moving on, they have a London game this year so I get to start my football day at 9:30 in late October. Should be a cool day.

The draft hasn't even happened and I'm excited to see all the rookie quarterbacks this coming year.
  • I'm excited and nervous for the NFC West division now.  Hawks let go of a lot of the old guard and Rams and Niners seem on the up.  
  • edited April 23
    I think the 49ers are going to show a lot this year.  They played extremely well the end of last season when Garoppolo took over.  And they open up the season at the Vikings.  Gonna be one hell of an opening game.
    bizmarkiefader
  • Watching the draft right now.  Browns got two good players to ruin but nothing exciting in the top 4.

I'm from San Diego so I used to follow the Chargers religiously even when I lived in Oakland, but you can probably figure out why I haven't been watching football much the last few years.  It's weird to be a fan without a home, so to speak.  How do you pick a new team? I'd go for Oakland but they're doing the same shit to their city. 
    NervousRhino
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Love the Bears pick. Roquan Smith is a beast. Hope is the 4th Bears LB to be inducted in the HOF after Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher.

plus there’s a ton of good talent left so the Bears going to get a solid 2nd rounder unless they want to trade back to get a 3rd since they don’t have one. 
    Chinaski
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 27
    Man Lamar Jackson was just sitting there for the Patriots ... and instead they grab a running back. BB has been able to slot in pretty much any running back into his scheme and get good performance.

That said I do like the idea of a play making RB - Sony Michel is impressive, plus with their first pick they got a o-lineman, so maybe they figure they need to build up more protection for Brady if he's going to give them a chance to win the next couple of years, especially since his WR corps is pretty thin.

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Love the Bears pick. Roquan Smith is a beast. Hope is the 4th Bears LB to be inducted in the HOF after Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher.

plus there’s a ton of good talent left so the Bears going to get a solid 2nd rounder unless they want to trade back to get a 3rd since they don’t have one. 
    i love this pick as well. another Georgia first rounder to go with Leonard Floyd. if Courtland Sutton or Josh Jackson are there when the bears draft in the second round i really hope they take one of em. 
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Interesting choices. I like them moving Whitehair back to guard. He definitely struggled with snaps last year and you just cannot turn the ball over. This C will allow them to put Whitehair at his natural position. 

Dont know much about this Mephis WR but damn his last 2 years were sick. Pace must have really wanted him. 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Interesting choices. I like them moving Whitehair back to guard. He definitely struggled with snaps last year and you just cannot turn the ball over. This C will allow them to put Whitehair at his natural position. 

Dont know much about this Mephis WR but damn his last 2 years were sick. Pace must have really wanted him. 
    i'm REALLY excited about Anthony Miller. he was my 3rd favorite WR after Ridley and Sutton. he's a hard ass worker that can play inside or out. wrote this to the NFL GM's which shows character already:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Miller-penned-powerful-letter-to-NFL-GMs/017c0faf-1da7-4771-b7a5-46f6d02a9e80
    Hatorian