NFL 2018/19 Chat Thread

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
schedules slowly trickling in. Bears and Packs, Sunday night primetime to kick off the season!

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/19/17256330/nfl-schedule-2018-rumors-leaks
HatorianJovial_Falcon

Comments

• Raiders!!!!!! 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Niners/Raiders is a Thursday night game? Ugh. They should really keep that to Browns and Bills games.
    Freddy
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Last year probably can't be topped for me...I'm an Eagles fan. 28 years of fandom finally paid off.

Moving on, they have a London game this year so I get to start my football day at 9:30 in late October. Should be a cool day.

The draft hasn't even happened and I'm excited to see all the rookie quarterbacks this coming year.
  • I'm excited and nervous for the NFC West division now.  Hawks let go of a lot of the old guard and Rams and Niners seem on the up.  
  • edited April 23
    I think the 49ers are going to show a lot this year.  They played extremely well the end of last season when Garoppolo took over.  And they open up the season at the Vikings.  Gonna be one hell of an opening game.
    bizmarkiefader
  • Watching the draft right now.  Browns got two good players to ruin but nothing exciting in the top 4.

I'm from San Diego so I used to follow the Chargers religiously even when I lived in Oakland, but you can probably figure out why I haven't been watching football much the last few years.  It's weird to be a fan without a home, so to speak.  How do you pick a new team? I'd go for Oakland but they're doing the same shit to their city. 
    NervousRhino
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Love the Bears pick. Roquan Smith is a beast. Hope is the 4th Bears LB to be inducted in the HOF after Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher.

plus there’s a ton of good talent left so the Bears going to get a solid 2nd rounder unless they want to trade back to get a 3rd since they don’t have one. 
    Chinaskikingbee67
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 27
    Man Lamar Jackson was just sitting there for the Patriots ... and instead they grab a running back. BB has been able to slot in pretty much any running back into his scheme and get good performance.

That said I do like the idea of a play making RB - Sony Michel is impressive, plus with their first pick they got a o-lineman, so maybe they figure they need to build up more protection for Brady if he's going to give them a chance to win the next couple of years, especially since his WR corps is pretty thin.

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Love the Bears pick. Roquan Smith is a beast. Hope is the 4th Bears LB to be inducted in the HOF after Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher.

plus there’s a ton of good talent left so the Bears going to get a solid 2nd rounder unless they want to trade back to get a 3rd since they don’t have one. 
    i love this pick as well. another Georgia first rounder to go with Leonard Floyd. if Courtland Sutton or Josh Jackson are there when the bears draft in the second round i really hope they take one of em. 
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Interesting choices. I like them moving Whitehair back to guard. He definitely struggled with snaps last year and you just cannot turn the ball over. This C will allow them to put Whitehair at his natural position. 

Dont know much about this Mephis WR but damn his last 2 years were sick. Pace must have really wanted him. 
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    Interesting choices. I like them moving Whitehair back to guard. He definitely struggled with snaps last year and you just cannot turn the ball over. This C will allow them to put Whitehair at his natural position. 

Dont know much about this Mephis WR but damn his last 2 years were sick. Pace must have really wanted him. 
    i'm REALLY excited about Anthony Miller. he was my 3rd favorite WR after Ridley and Sutton. he's a hard ass worker that can play inside or out. wrote this to the NFL GM's which shows character already:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Miller-penned-powerful-letter-to-NFL-GMs/017c0faf-1da7-4771-b7a5-46f6d02a9e80
    Hatorian
    Hall of Fame game tonight! I know it's only preseason and the starters wont get many reps, but i'm just excited to get a glimpse of the Bears new regime. they had a fantastic offseason and i'm very optimistic. now they just gotta get Roquan Smith under contact.
    Hatorian
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    As usual, my pick for the Super Bowl is Cowboys over the Patriots.

But in all seriousness, I’m not sure about this season. The biggest noise around training camp so far is easily Dez’s Twitter fiasco and Jerruh’s national athem opinions. BOOOOO!

I’m more focused on Dak’s development because I still don’t trust him 100%. If the o-line can get back to being the best in the league. And the young DBs.
    Fucking finally. Now just have to make it through the preseason dance of convincing ourselves half the players destined for the practice squad is the next Victor Cruz because they made a 10 yard catch.
  • How about all these rule changes that are damn near turning it into a 2 hand touch game in regards to the quarterback.  They're already extremely protected with where you can hit them now you have to make sure you don't land on them when you take them to the ground.  I'm looking forward to the regular season big time but some of these rule changes seem to be going a bit overboard in my opinion.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!! It always exciting to have a new young stud starting at QB. Could go well, could go disastrously. I am looking forward to this sure to be roller coaster ride of a season. Another plus, we actually have a solid receiving corps.
  • kuman07 said:
    Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!! It always exciting to have a new young stud starting at QB. Could go well, could go disastrously. I am looking forward to this sure to be roller coaster ride of a season. Another plus, we actually have a solid receiving corps.
    Yeah Hill and Watkins are a pretty good duo of receivers, especially when  you consider your tight end is Travis Kelce and you've got Kareem Hunt who absolutely killed it for most of the season last year.  They'll be dangerous but it all depends on how Mahomes does.  I wouldn't put much if any faith in Chad Henne.

I'm excited for this season being a Viking fan.  We finally have a good quarterback and I feel like we've got some pretty dangerous offensive weapons.  Rudolph has always been mediocre but having Dalvin Cook back at full strength and Diggs and Thielen catching passes from Cousins.  It's gonna be an exciting year.  
    kuman07
    This is the Niners house money year where they could be good but are coming off of being so bad fans are willing to stay patient for a season or two. It feels like optimism is way up around the league for almost everyone, should be a fun year.
  • I'm excited for this season being a Viking fan.  We finally have a good quarterback and I feel like we've got some pretty dangerous offensive weapons.  Rudolph has always been mediocre but having Dalvin Cook back at full strength and Diggs and Thielen catching passes from Cousins.  It's gonna be an exciting year.  
    Hey fellow Vikings fan! It’s almost hard when we have a lot of pieces in place, because then it’s just a game of “how are they going to fuck it up this year?” I want to have faith, I am really excited, but it’s also nerve-wracking, given our history. Last year was worse, because the Super Bowl was in Minnesota. I think the pressure is a little off this time. 
  • edited August 6
    I'm excited for this season being a Viking fan.  We finally have a good quarterback and I feel like we've got some pretty dangerous offensive weapons.  Rudolph has always been mediocre but having Dalvin Cook back at full strength and Diggs and Thielen catching passes from Cousins.  It's gonna be an exciting year.  
    Hey fellow Vikings fan! It’s almost hard when we have a lot of pieces in place, because then it’s just a game of “how are they going to fuck it up this year?” I want to have faith, I am really excited, but it’s also nerve-wracking, given our history. Last year was worse, because the Super Bowl was in Minnesota. I think the pressure is a little off this time. 
    Hello there.  I hear ya.  But right now there is so much pressure on Cousins to perform that I hope he can live up to the expectations and not crumple under the pressure.  My biggest concern is still our offensive line but I also feel like injuries could happen anywhere and impact the team quite a bit.  Happy to hear there's another Viking fan out in the Bald Move world.  You from MN or just a fan of the Vikes?
  • I'm excited for this season being a Viking fan.  We finally have a good quarterback and I feel like we've got some pretty dangerous offensive weapons.  Rudolph has always been mediocre but having Dalvin Cook back at full strength and Diggs and Thielen catching passes from Cousins.  It's gonna be an exciting year.  
    Hello there.  I hear ya.  But right now there is so much pressure on Cousins to perform that I hope he can live up to the expectations and not crumple under the pressure.  My biggest concern is still our offensive line but I also feel like injuries could happen anywhere and impact the team quite a bit.  Happy to hear there's another Viking fan out in the Bald Move world.  You from MN or just a fan of the Vikes?
    Minnesota all my life. How about you? Two years ago I was traveling to NYC with my husband, which turned out to be at the same time as the first preseason game for the Vikes. I found a bar called Jack Doyle's that served as the Vikings fan hangout during games, and was excited that we'd still be able to watch. Our flight was delayed, so by the time we landed in NYC, the game was already underway.....so we decided to hightail it right to the bar, not even going to our hotel first, pulling our luggage behind us. The people there were so incredibly nice, most were originally from Minnesota, but a few were just fans for various reasons. There was this one older guy named Danny, who hailed from Columbia. When he was in the army he heard a quote from Fran Tarkenton that changed his life, and for the rest of his life he devoted himself to being a Vikings fan.....never actually having set foot in Minnesota in his life. Luckily, last year he won a contest that sent him to Minnesota for a game, so he even got to see the new stadium! (I happen to think there might have been a bit of fixing in his favor, as nobody was more deserving than him).

There's something special to being a Vikings fan, I think. We know sports misery, but there's always that hope that this year will be it. Randy Moss seems to think that it's right around the corner, so maybe we just gotta keep that optimism alive. The Minneapolis Miracle certainly showed us that good things can happen for our team sometimes! For once we were on the other side of a play like that. I want to stay on that side for a while.
    Minnesota all my life. How about you? Two years ago I was traveling to NYC with my husband, which turned out to be at the same time as the first preseason game for the Vikes. I found a bar called Jack Doyle's that served as the Vikings fan hangout during games, and was excited that we'd still be able to watch. Our flight was delayed, so by the time we landed in NYC, the game was already underway.....so we decided to hightail it right to the bar, not even going to our hotel first, pulling our luggage behind us. The people there were so incredibly nice, most were originally from Minnesota, but a few were just fans for various reasons. There was this one older guy named Danny, who hailed from Columbia. When he was in the army he heard a quote from Fran Tarkenton that changed his life, and for the rest of his life he devoted himself to being a Vikings fan.....never actually having set foot in Minnesota in his life. Luckily, last year he won a contest that sent him to Minnesota for a game, so he even got to see the new stadium! (I happen to think there might have been a bit of fixing in his favor, as nobody was more deserving than him).

There's something special to being a Vikings fan, I think. We know sports misery, but there's always that hope that this year will be it. Randy Moss seems to think that it's right around the corner, so maybe we just gotta keep that optimism alive. The Minneapolis Miracle certainly showed us that good things can happen for our team sometimes! For once we were on the other side of a play like that. I want to stay on that side for a while.
    I was born here and I really don't ever see myself moving out of the state.  I absolutely love it here.  Snowmobiling makes the often dreadful winter something to look forward to for me.  Our pro sports history as a state is just so miserable, it's got to have some kind of break in that soon right?
    Hard Knocks on my DVR awaits me. any Browns fans in the BM House?
  • As a Redskins fan, I expect Cousins to light it up.
    Chinaskiletrbuck2006
    As a Redskins fan, I expect Cousins to light it up.
    any excitement for Alex Smith?
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited August 8
    No.  
    Likely to be a lateral move at best.
    Hope Jordan Reed stays healthy.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Hard Knocks on my DVR awaits me. any Browns fans in the BM House?
    Apparently, not any fans who would admit to it.

What the hell is going on at Browns practices

• As a Lions fan, I am SO hopeful and excited for this year. Fixed the line, hopefully fixed the running game, and will finally not have to rely completely on Stafford to carry the offense. 

Which I'm sure means the team will go, like, 3-13. LIFE IS PAIN. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    The Hard Knocks show on HBO is depressing. If your a Browns fan I’m sorry. This is about as sad as the Mami one.
    Freddy