Killing Eve

ElisaElisa Los Angeles
Has anyone checked out Killing Eve on BBC America in the States? 

Its really good - glamorous, spy thriller with lots of humor. 

It stars Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy) and Jodie Comer (Seventeen/White Princess). 

Created by Fleabag’s Phoebe Waller Bridge. 

Comments

• fidozfidoz Houston
    Love the first 2 episodes. Jodie Comer is so good.
    Elisa
  • ShumShum Utah
    I'm really enjoying this so far.  Like I mentioned in another thread, I have a thing for Cat and Mouse stories, so this is right up my alley.
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Haven’t seen it yet, but it’s on my list of shows to get around to. I love Jodie Comer - she was great in My Mad Fat Diary and Thirteen. 
    ElisaBrieanne
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Just an FYI in the States you can watch it in the amc app and website too. Just search for the show. 
  • I'm really enjoying this show. Dark, cheeky, clever. Jodie Comer is f'ing fantastic.
    Elisa
  • ShumShum Utah
    Just finished the finale.  I haven't been enjoying this show as much as everyone else and I think I figured out why.  The acting is great, and the characters are really quirky and interesting.  The lines of conflict and character motivations are just very muddled throughout the season.  Villanelle is such a weird character I'm never completely sure what her goal is in any given situation. Eve obviously wants to catch Villanelle, but even that is muddled in the finale.  Maybe the point is that they themselves aren't sure what they want, but I can only watch that for so long before I get frustrated.  I stopped watching Orphan Black for similar reasons, so maybe it's just the way non-moffit BBC shows are written.
  • Shum said:
    Just finished the finale.  I haven't been enjoying this show as much as everyone else and I think I figured out why.  The acting is great, and the characters are really quirky and interesting.  The lines of conflict and character motivations are just very muddled throughout the season.  Villanelle is such a weird character I'm never completely sure what her goal is in any given situation. Eve obviously wants to catch Villanelle, but even that is muddled in the finale.  Maybe the point is that they themselves aren't sure what they want, but I can only watch that for so long before I get frustrated.  I stopped watching Orphan Black for similar reasons, so maybe it's just the way non-moffit BBC shows are written.
    I think the first half is better than the second half of the season and I think its largely because the best part of the show is the psychosexual tension between Eve and Villanelle which crescendoed during that scene in Eve's kitchen. The central theme of the show is how thin the line is between hate/love and that's really clear in how Eve is just as attracted to Villanelle as she is obsessed with catching her. When they try and tie in more standard spy vs. spy fare like the 12 and the triple agents, it becomes more pedestrian. That being said, I think Jodie Comer has to be a shoe-in for an Emmy this year, she is just electric and the show is probably the best show I have seen this year. 
  • I am a great fan of spy series but due to a lot of office work these days, I am just watching few shows these days. But, yes, I will watch it.