Lauren Cohan will be back for Season 9

https://globalnews.ca/news/4167122/lauren-cohan-will-return-to-walking-dead-next-season/

I really wanted to see how they'd tap dance around Maggie just disappearing into thin air. Sheeeeeyit.
MurderbearMichelleTravis

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited April 27
    Plot twist: They kill her character in episode 2 and leave her jobless for demanding more money.
    Jovial_FalconFlukes
  • Aren't plot twists supposed to be unexpected?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Does anyone think Maggie will start showing in this next season?  :smirk:
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Michelle said:
    No, and she blames Rick.

More seriously, I expect a time jump.  The opening scene is a few years after the season 8 finale.  Face Pubes is tattooing FARM LIFE around Maggie's six-pack while Maggie's baby is being tended to by Siddiq (who is also performing surgery on an injured man and tilling the soil at the same time).
    MichelleFlukesMurderbear
  • She can do better. I would love to see her play something different in a better show. 
    BenSunderland
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited April 28
    @NervousRhino How about Evil Maggie in the same crappy show?
    MichelleNervousRhinoBenSunderlandFlukes
  • ...and three plus years later the gun tree Rick planted at the prison finally bears first fruit.
  • @NervousRhino How about Evil Maggie in the same crappy show?
    It would actually be an improvement but they don’t have the balls or the writing abilities to pull that off in a respectful manner. 
    Murderbear
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Michelle said:
    No. The next season’s 16 hours of episodes will only cover 3 hours of real time. 
    Flukes
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Maggie got boring a long time ago.
  • I recon it's just to kill her off. Why the fuck would she agree to come back without the rise? Also why would amc pay her? They haven't paid anyone else that wants it. I could list them all but I won't 
    MmmBop
  • DrKen said:
    Michelle said:
    No. The next season’s 16 hours of episodes will only cover 3 hours of real time. 
    If they are smart then they will just flash forward 9 months to after she's had the baby and then they don't even have to think about it, not that they have been up to this point. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    iMatty94 said:
    I recon it's just to kill her off. Why the fuck would she agree to come back without the rise? Also why would amc pay her? They haven't paid anyone else that wants it. I could list them all but I won't 
    She's not saying whether or not she received an increase in pay.  As adamant as she was being about receiving equal pay, I'm sure she was paid an acceptable amount for her return.
  • GanGan
    edited May 29
    Apparently she is only sticking around for 6 episodes in season 9. Probably wants out and agreed to do a few more episodes to make a grand exit. 
    Flukes