202 - Reunion

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
edited April 29 in Westworld
Director: Vincenzo Natalie
Writers: Carly Wray & Jonathan Nolan
«13

Comments

  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Forget the timelines and the fake bots and all that, the real question this week is how will @A_Ron_Hubbard pronounce Vincenzo?
    303PamGKristinaAussieGregladylarsen
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    These are the flashbacks I was waiting for.
    Blusister303PamGKingKobra
  • That reveal of the Hosts to Logan was amazing!
    303PamGKingKobraMurderbearElisaUnderwoodMelonuskladylarsen
  • Gustavo!!!! 
    MurderbearElisaDoctor_NickUnderwood
  • MichelleMichelle California
    It's Gus!
    JaimieTKristinaElisa
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited April 30
    Was that motherfucking Giancarlo Esposito in a cameo?! Ballsy. 
    303PamGGeorgetpelzyBlusisterElisaMelonusk
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Man that was a fun cameo.
    Blusister
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited April 30
    It had a boring 10 minutes, but this is my favorite episode yet.

    It also had more fake-out endings than Lord of the Rings.

    I adore the elephant anecdote, and I'm lucky I have quite a few elephant knick-knacks around the apartment to remind me of it. It matches my personal zeitgeist.
    tpelzyken hale
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Is the Instant Talk link to chat working for anyone?
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I wonder if the only only pre-Westworld William we got was the moment before the reveal to Logan. When he left early. Because the young William we saw tonight was certainly a whole lot ballsier than William we met last year.
    Blusister
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Michelle said:
    Is the Instant Talk link to chat working for anyone?

    I click on the video itself to get to it, and I'm seeing a countdown to 10:15.
  • I think this was a great show us where we’ve been so that we can take you where we need to go episode. The jumps were a little jarring, but I thought well done. As it’s been said, the reveal moment to Logan was great. The question will be is Angela based on a human or was Angela a host all along and no one there was truly representing Westworld (besides Arnold). Great cameo by GE, and Willam’s response was “perfect”. Dolores really has been around for “too much” and I’m not sure any human really knows outside of William how dangerous she could be if she remembers everything. 
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I see that too, but last week we were able to get right in ahead of time.  I just thought maybe it was wonky or something.

    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I wonder if the only only pre-Westworld William we got was the moment before the reveal to Logan. When he left early. Because the young William we saw tonight was certainly a whole lot ballsier than William we met last year.

    Yes, I'm fairly positive that was the only pre-Westworld William.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Never mind, I'm in.  i went straight through the video and then clicked on the YouTube icon at the bottom right of the video.

  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    KingKobra said:
    I think this was a great show us where we’ve been so that we can take you where we need to go episode. The jumps were a little jarring, but I thought well done. As it’s been said, the reveal moment to Logan was great. The question will be is Angela based on a human or was Angela a host all along and no one there was truly representing Westworld (besides Arnold). Great cameo by GE, and Willam’s response was “perfect”. Dolores really has been around for “too much” and I’m not sure any human really knows outside of William how dangerous she could be if she remembers everything. 

    I would hope eventually she'd develop a nuanced understanding of why she was getting so much verbal abuse, but right now she's probably only as emotionally mature as a child... yikes.
  • I’m fairly certain that we got post William Westworld this episode. His conversation with Delores near the end of the episode made that fairly certain. How he talked about how he couldn’t believe he fell in love with her. I could be wrong but that’s what I felt. 
    MichelleKingKobraElisa
  • Michelle said:
    It's Gus!
    Omg I was wondering.
  • Can we go back to Season 1 now?  Dolores is scary as Hell! I’m going to have nightmares. 
    Blusisterrusskelly
  • JaimieT said:
    KingKobra said:
    I think this was a great show us where we’ve been so that we can take you where we need to go episode. The jumps were a little jarring, but I thought well done. As it’s been said, the reveal moment to Logan was great. The question will be is Angela based on a human or was Angela a host all along and no one there was truly representing Westworld (besides Arnold). Great cameo by GE, and Willam’s response was “perfect”. Dolores really has been around for “too much” and I’m not sure any human really knows outside of William how dangerous she could be if she remembers everything. 

    I would hope eventually she'd develop a nuanced understanding of why she was getting so much verbal abuse, but right now she's probably only as emotionally mature as a child... yikes.
    It’s very black/white as a computer would understand. She’s seen the good and bad of humans (varying levels of grey) butnin the end even the “good” eventually turn “bad”. 

    BTW something that caught my ear is that she repeated her “statement” to Teddy (it caught my ear since that was what turned Arnold “off”). This would lead to the theory that she’s still in a pre programmed loop. 


    JTKIII said:
    I’m fairly certain that we got post William Westworld this episode. His conversation with Delores near the end of the episode made that fairly certain. How he talked about how he couldn’t believe he fell in love with her. I could be wrong but that’s what I felt. 
    I’m not sure why there would be any doubt that who we saw was post Westworld William. We knew his plan was to get Logan’s father to invest/buy (which we saw how he did that). He was also largely dressed in black (signifying his continued transition to MIB). He also specially brought Dolores back online and said what you posted. 
    ken haleElisaPangsMelonusk
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited April 30
    Lmao@ the chat section of the live watch where A.Ron spent a bunch of time trying to pull up chat and it was revealed twice that Jim was reading it and not saying anything the whole time  :D
    Michelle
  • This was probably my favorite episode of the series.  A little solid backstory, some exposition, a more or less linear progression.  Wonderful.  Logan's introduction to the hosts was great.  I thought he was gonna get body-snatched, and that maybe last season's Logan was a host all along, but I guess the junkie-Logan we saw later at his dad's retirement party wouldn't make sense if that happened. 
    BlusisterElisa
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    Wonder how many people Delos has in their pocket since they are holding a lot of blackmail material, or would people just dismiss what people did in the Park, as a non-story?  Maeve seems to be more free than Delores, or is that because Maeve has “super powers” within the park? Maeve seems to understand the grey, while Delores seems to be a little more black and white. Delores on the other hand seems to have the bigger picture in mind since she remembers being on the outside. 
    MichelleElisa
  • Just realized that Angela was the host they replaced Dolores with and sent to impress Logan 
    MichelleElisaKingKobraArea51bobdarwinfeeshysaraej319
  • What's the weapon? What killed all the hosts in the lake? What requires a large body of water to live?


    A Kraken.
    gguenotArea51bobElisaSchluppiMatty94
  • edited April 30
    So, did Arnold and Ford work for Argos before it was acquired by Delos? Did they ever mention the name Argos before?
  • is the weapon she is referring to the mesa complex? the change in the look on arnold’s face, he is so happy when delores says something that appears unscripted and insightful and the blank sadness of when she asks “have you ever seen such splendor?” great acting without saying a word.
    Elisacbspockken hale
  • so great to have a solid backstory episode, love the fact william was behind the collection of guest data, and mib’s great line about no man alive would speak to me this way, was a rip off from his father in law. 
    MurderbearElisa
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    I appreciate there was some backstory but the way a number of characters spoke without revealing much made the episode feel like filler.  If William's/Delos' secret is blackmail or replacing people with hosts, it's going to be a letdown. 

    What's the weapon Dolores is after?  Swapping woke hosts into other bodies?  Letting the world know what Delos has been doing?  An army of drone hosts?  Valuable hostages?  A Chinese nuke?  The data in Peter Abernathy?
    majjam0770iMatty94budesigns
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Obviously she's going to line up all the humans and slowly run them over with the giant terraformer.
    lengmogguenotMichelleElisamajjam0770GeomecMelonusk
Sign In or Register to comment.