Top Networks

If you were told that for a year you could only watch shows from 5 networks (Netflix only original content) which would you choose and what order?
1) HBO
2) AMC
3) FX
4) Cinemax
5) Netflix
steph_bElisa

Comments

• That list won't deviate very much, maybe a top 3 excluding HBO may yield more interesting results. But anywhoo:

1) HBO
    2) Cinemax
    3) BBC
    4) AMC (mostly for Better Call Saul)
    5) FX
    Travissteph_bElisa
  • I'm assuming this includes reruns as well, right?

1. FX

2. AMC

3. HBO

4. The CW (I know, I know, they make some really fun shows, and fun things are fun)

5. Fox

It was really, really hard to leave NBC off in order to get Parks reruns (my ultimate warm blanket), but I suppose they will be even sweeter to revisit in a year. This restriction would be a really good opportunity to catch up on a bunch of HBO shows that have been on my to-do list forever, the Americans and Halt and Catch Fire as well.

Elisa
  • HBO, AMC, FX, Cinemax, Netflix - These are just about the only networks I watch now, aside from a few things on Showtime & BBC America. 

Travissteph_bElisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    1.  FX  
    2.  AMC
    3.  The CW
    4.  Sundance
    5.  NBC

Gasp, I left out HBO.  I originally had it at #3 until I remembered Hannibal on NBC.  HBO has excellent programming, but I'm far more invested in Hannibal than anything on HBO.  The CW is good for fun, as @Travis noted, and I watch a lot of dark, bleak stuff so I need something fun for balance.  Sundance has Rectify and The Returned.
    TravishypergenesbElisa
  • Netflix is intriguing if nothing else because they're coming out with that Wet Hot American Summer show soon. I'm pretty psyched to check that out. I suppose I could wait a year though. I also really need to get on this Hannibal train. It's not really my wife's speed and we watch most stuff together so I haven't really gotten to it yet. I'm really psyched that it's supposed to be as good as it is. I really liked the first 2 episodes a lot.

Elisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited March 2015
    I enjoy Netflix shows while I watch them, but they are like junk food to me.  I feel simultaneously uncomfortable and intellectually empty afterwards.

Hannibal is like nothing else on television.  It's gorgeous, disturbing, operatic, and absurd.  It certainly has its flaws, and you either buy into or you don't.  But I am incredibly invested in the Will Graham character, and I want to see how Bryan Fuller continues to adapt the source material.

I really like FX as a network overall.  I'm sad to see Justified leave, but it still has The Americans, which has been my favorite show for a while now, with Mad Men on AMC running an extremely close second.  Louie impresses me with its ambition and pathos.  Archer is not as good as it used to be, but I still like it.  I can take or leave You're the Worst.   Oh, and Fargo.  I almost forgot about Fargo.
    TravishypergenesbElisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, you'd have to limit me to 3 before I'd have to start sweating.  HBO, MAX, NETFLIX, AMC, and FX are easy.  If I had to go to 3, I'd go HBO, FX, and Netflix, reasoning that with Netflix, I can get most of AMC a year behind schedule.  
    Elisa
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Does the Pirate Bay count?
    Travis
    Haha, that of course, would be cheating. 
    TravisElisa
  • Actually that said, I think by selecting Netflix you only get their original programming not their licensed stuff.
    Elisa
    Oh shit.  My top 3 would be HBO, FX and AMC then.
    TravisElisa
  • 1. HBO
    2. Showtime
    3. FX
    4. AMC
    5. Netflix