Best album with the worst cover?

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
edited May 2 in General
I don't know if this will be an interesting topic but here goes!

I love A Perfect Circle. And I've been waiting for a new album for a very long time. It finally came out a few weeks ago. It's kind of a change for them. They've always been unafraid of softer, more melodic songs but this whole album seems way more mellow than their usual faire. I dig it though. This album art however, is horrible. 

So it got me thinking. Do you have any albums that you love but hate the cover?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited May 2
    That cover looks like some eighties goth band thing.
    My top album cover would be Heaven And Hell by Black Sabbath. The one with the angels playing cards.
    Most overated Abby Road by The Beatles.
    worst anything where they didn’t even try. Just a band photo, something like that.

adding to the greats list the Black Flag covers by Raymond Pettybone. 
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited May 2
    As much as I love her music, Tori Amos'  "Y Kant Tori Read" (the band she was in before going solo) album cover is awful.  It's her in all her '80s glory, dressed as a sort of '80s-rocker-pirate.  And it's a great album, really iconic as it's her first widely heralded work.  But wow.

MurderbearUnderwood
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @Michelle Oh yeah. That's fantastic.
    Michelle
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Neil Young - Zuma

Neil Young-Zuma.jpg
    By Source, Fair use, Link

Murderbearkingbee67
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I've been a big Tegan and Sara fan for a very long time. Their album covers always fly over my head. Here is their album cover for Sainthood... and the image I made when the album released back in the day. LOL

MichelleMurderbearChinaskiken hale