305 - Triple Point

Directed By: Jeff Woolnough 
Written By: Georgia Lee

Comments

• Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Fun fact: a Triple Point is a chemistry/physics term which describes the exact temperature and pressure under which a substance can coexist in its solid, liquid, and vapor states of matter in complete equilibrium. 
    JaimieTElisaRobbThe_Third_ManMelonusk
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    What an episode! I'm so glad there's still a TV show being made that can really rile me up. That mutiny was epic, and everything after? 

I have a thought about Anna and her copy of the message, but I'll say that tomorrow when I'm in front of a keyboard...
    The_Third_ManMelonusk
    "What happens if the gravity goes out in the middle of you French pressing?"

Classic.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited May 10

Oh shit there's a Cylon on the Hammurabi!

ElisaThe_Third_Manken hale
    There was a bit of masterful writing last week in the scene where Anna chews out the Secretary-General. It was a scene you'd wanted to see for a few episodes (or seasons) but a tiny detail suddenly rendered it painful and horrible to watch. That detail: the fact that we knew something Anna didn't, that she will need all the goodwill of the Secretary-General she can get to relay Avasarala's recording. Suddenly this thing you'd wanted to see for a long time, you're really not sure of. Suddenly instead of catharsis you feel dread.

A scene that would have worked just fine as-is, but the writers amped it up anyway. I know The Expanse has a strong source material to work from, but the result is the same for me: a TV show that isn't okay with being okay. 

But about this week's episode:

I thought we would see Anna's failed attempt to get the recording to the Secretary-General and Souther would be the backup plan. It looks like it's the other way around, perhaps. Or maybe next week the Secretary-General will be getting this recording from all sides, but it will feel minimal compared to the protomolecule development on Venus (which I got spoiled on a few months ago, bummer). 

These are good twists.
    The_Third_ManA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Phenomenal episode...Nguyen that bastard. Between him and Mao I can't believe there are two people I might dislike even more than Errinwright. Despite the carnage and losing some great characters, I'm so glad they went with a messy and unsuccessful mutiny. You could say the mutiny attempt really went South (I apologize profusely).

It would seem it's all up to Cotyar now on the Agatha King.

And oh my are there a lot of balls in the air right now.
    JaimieTElisaken haleMelonusk
  • Also really nice to see some Martian perspective as well. Particularly the captain and her struggle given the recent loss of her family member. Humanizing all the players makes the tragedy even more effective. 
    Elisaken hale
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    An action heavy episode that seems to be ramping up to mid season climax to rival the last one. 
    Elisa
  • So with everything going on with Katoa and the launching of the proto beings into space, you think next week we get to see the repercussions of there still being a trace of protomolecule on the Roci?  I feel like that's something that they are trying to get our attention away from only to make a big reappearance in a future episode.  I had almost completely forgotten about it until I was rethinking of where all the protomolecule currently is.  Clearly that's going to come back into play but I'm curious as to how.
    ken haleDoctor_Nick
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

And oh my are there a lot of balls in the air right now.
    Let's hope the gravity doesn't go out.
    manhattnik
  • DoshyDoshy Japan
    Interesting...headed over to the spoilers section.   

• Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Heh, I expected the Martians to not care about the Earth machinations and discount the importance of the justness of the start of the war. Then it looked like Souther would succeed, only for hopes to be dashed.  So my expectations were a little subverted both ways. Well played. 

The hybrids Nguyen launched, they’re for planetary attack, or are they anti-ship weapons?  Seems like a waste if he just launched them at some ships...
    JaimieT

• And oh my are there a lot of balls in the air right now.
    Let's hope the gravity doesn't go out.
    This joke seems really ominous today.
    manhattnik