Rick and Morty get 70 (!) new episodes ordered

Comments

• MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    This is such great news. The question is...are we getting 7 more seasons of 10 episodes each?

Or...70 seasons of 1 episode? The possibilities are endless.
    ken hale
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Sounds like Dan and Justin wanted to the dump truck to back up to his house and dump four tons of cash, and AS wanted a long term lock up as a result.  Probably smart all around.  Dan's been talking about how he feels like he's running out of time as a creator and wants to just go away and not work for awhile.  He might come back, might not, but this could be his last ride.  Glad they're back to work!
  • Woo hoo!!!
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I'm very excited but I wonder how long before Dan starts to feel smothered by the weight of 100 episodes.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Flukes said:
    I'm very excited but I wonder how long before Dan starts to feel smothered by the weight of 100 episodes.

Ketel One was probably involved. The hangover's gonna be a bitch.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    My first reaction is that’s way too many. 
    JaimieTken haleFlukes
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Hopefully the increase in episode churn doesn’t hurt the quality. 
  • I.  Am.  So.  Happy.

I'm crying just a little bit.

But they are happy tears.

:'( 
  • MrXMrX CO
    Sorry all, Rick and Morty is bad now.

Jovial_Falcon
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited May 10
    Mr. Meeseeks: Write 70 good episodes of Rick and Morty!
    I suspect I'll be long dead of old age before I see the end of this show.

A_Ron_HubbardJaimieTDaveyMac
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited May 11
    Holy shit...we went from Dan mentioning that no fourth season was ordered to this? I am assuming this was what was causing the delay in the next order of episodes. I just hope the quality doesn't plummet. But, in Dan, I trust...at least until he gets bored and his drinking gets entirely out of control. 

I'm hoping that having 70 episodes ordered will allow the duo to really do some awesome longterm storylines, instead of constantly feeling like they are on the edge of cancellation or something. Adult Swim may have realized that they could produce something really special if given a heap of episodes in which to do it, instead of waiting for each season to be renewed.
    edited May 11
    I like the idea of episodes 27-46 just getting real weird with it. Like, we end up following a heroin addicted Jerry around for a few years, with no snippets of any of the other main characters. Then episode 47 starts with Rick and Morty watching the end of episode 46 on interdimensional cable.
  • edited May 15
    I love R&M, but that's way too many episodes unless they're spaced out over the next decade or so.
    Chinaski
    edited May 17
    Was just listening to the radio and a Subway commercial came on. I'll be damned if it wasn't the voice of Jerry. Bold move, Subway. "Hungry for Subway!" 
    NervousRhino
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited May 18
    Hey all, I picked up the blu-ray for Season 3 today. I already have a digital version of this, however, so I don't need the included digital version. So...folks...who wants it? First PM I receive gets it. 

Update: it’s been claimed. 
    FreddyNervousRhinoMattyWeaves
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    100 episodes means it’s open for sindication. There’s definitely a reason they went with exactly 70 more episodes. Once they hit 100 the money will flow. 
    Chinaski
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I read that as 7 more 10 episode seasons.  Dan made 5 damn fine seasons of Community, and that format was far more limited and also had shit tons more episodes.  Between him and Justin I don't see how they can't keep the insanity going.  Plus, they can probably start laying out long term arcs now that they know they control their destiny.
  • Yes! This is got to be the most unlimited format I can imagine. There is no running out of ideas, it’s all a matter of how much effort and motivation they want to put into it.