Fox cancels Brooklyn 99 [Update: NBC saves the day!]

Comments

• fidozfidoz Houston
    Raymond Holt was the definition of comedy.
    TravisFlukesElisa
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 10
    Allow me to agree: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I didn't know it had problematic ratings. I always figured it was pretty popular. What is wrong with people?!
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I don’t know, I stopped watching a couple of years ago because I felt like it had run its course. I think it’s pretty much done, and most of those people will go on to do something else interesting. 
  • A lot of really nice stuff being said on Twitter today. The more this marinates the more bummed I get. Seriously, that was one of my and my wife's 3 or 4 go to comedies over the last couple of years. Probably my favorite after the Good Place (is Mike Schur the best sitcom creator ever?). This just sucks.
    Elisa
  • Not happy about this.
    Elisa
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    see ya on Netflix season 6!
    TravisElisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    Travis said:
    A lot of really nice stuff being said on Twitter today. The more this marinates the more bummed I get. Seriously, that was one of my and my wife's 3 or 4 go to comedies over the last couple of years. Probably my favorite after the Good Place (is Mike Schur the best sitcom creator ever?). This just sucks.

If NBC cancels The Good Place before Mike Schur ends it on his own terms ... we riot.
    DummyMurderbearTravisFlukes
  • ShumShum Utah
    I'm super bummed this show is going away, but I guess I'm happy it's ending on a high note.  I think we could've gotten another solid season or two, but I can easily see it declining over time like later seasons of The Office.
    TravisElisa
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 11
    MrX said:
    Travis said:
    A lot of really nice stuff being said on Twitter today. The more this marinates the more bummed I get. Seriously, that was one of my and my wife's 3 or 4 go to comedies over the last couple of years. Probably my favorite after the Good Place (is Mike Schur the best sitcom creator ever?). This just sucks.

If NBC cancels The Good Place before Mike Schur ends it on his own terms ... we riot.
    I've got my warpaint and motorcycle helmet (yes, both. I'm totally that extreme, bro) at the ready!

Sepinwall posted something on Twitter saying that Hulu is looking into reviving it, but he also in the same post said to keep expectations in check. At least they're looking at it. 
    MrX
  • Brooklyn 99 cancelled, and they're bringing back Last Man Standing? Fuck you, Fox. "You know what people really want? More Tim Fucking Allen." I'm in Bizarro World.
    Chinaski
  • I wonder how much/ if any of this has to do with the cast of the show not wanting to continue.  I'm not quite sure how exactly that works but I'd be curious to hear if that had anything to do with it or if they just said nope we're done with this show.
    edited May 11
    Travis said:
    Brooklyn 99 cancelled, and they're bringing back Last Man Standing? Fuck you, Fox. "You know what people really want? More Tim Fucking Allen." I'm in Bizarro World.
    guess he really is the 'Last Man Standing' here huh? <insert annoying weird barking sound he made on Home Improvement here>
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 11
    @letrbuck2006 I only know from the article that I read and the tones of the posts from Twitter from a couple of cast members and a handful of critics, but it sounds like a decision by the network and not by the sort of show as a collective. I suppose the ratings weren't great (though it also sounds like they weren't all that bad either). At least that was the reported reason. It sounds like everyone was pretty surprised at the decision.
  • MrXMrX CO
    NBC has picked it up for season 6 !!!!!!!!!

Flukes
  • MrXMrX CO
    And of course there's a Holt gif for every occasion

Flukes
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Its really nice to see a network listen to a fanbase. I know they are just as much a corporation as Fox and all, but when shows get canceled, it often feels like fans just scream into the void and that is the end of it. Some of this is changing with Netflix and Hulu picking up series that fans adore, but this is a sort of a big deal. 
    makes sense. afterall it is a show done by Universal. good for them