Last Man on Earth not returning...

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
Was anyone else watching this? As funny as the show was, I actually liked it more for its post-apocalyptic storyline. I thought it was headed into some really interesting places. Ah well.
Chinaski

Comments

• Well darn. This was right up there with The Good Place in terms of network comedy for me. I guess not the worst cliffhanger to have to end a series on, but still...
    JoshuaHeterken hale
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i background watched this so bummer. i’m like 6 episodes behind n was planning to catch up soon. 

not gonna lie though, i got a little excited for a sec cause my mind processed ‘Last Man Standong not returning....’ at first 

• Man this was such a good show. Haven’t laughed so hard from a pilot in a while. Tandy is such a perfectly written and executed cringe character it’s amazing 
    JoshuaHeter
  • Oh no! It just left on a really good twist. Damn that bums me out. I know it wasn’t must see TV or anything but that was one of the few shows my family all watched together. No more pop locks
    JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    What are the chances Netflix, Hulu, or some other service picks this up? 

It has to be a super low-budget production, right? For most episodes, it has a minimal cast (although, who knows about that moving forward because of [SPOILERS]), they are mostly just shooting in a McMansion, and there are hardly any special effects. 
    NervousRhino
  • I just realized I have one last episode to watch. I thought the 2nd to last episode was the finale. I guess I better savor it :(    
    JoshuaHeter
    What are the chances Netflix, Hulu, or some other service picks this up? 

It has to be a super low-budget production, right? For most episodes, it has a minimal cast (although, who knows about that moving forward because of [SPOILERS]), they are mostly just shooting in a McMansion, and there are hardly any special effects. 
    ...oh farts...
    JoshuaHeterNervousRhino
  • I don’t want to get my hopes up but I heard Hulu might be interested in picking it up. 
    I don’t want to get my hopes up but I heard Hulu might be interested in picking it up. 
    Will Forte Fox GIF by The Last Man On Earth
  • Lol is that really a spoiler? 
    haha knowing Tandy it prob would be :D
    NervousRhino
  • lol! You're right about that.
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    So... while we're all here... in season 2(?), they made mention of the problem that gasoline doesn't last forever. After a couple of years it turns to goo. We even saw some of that, I think.

Did they ever resolve that problem, or did the writers just decide it would be boring for them to essentially be stuck in Malibu, or wherever else?
  • No they never resolved it. I kept getting the feeling this season they were getting really close to addressing it for good but it never happened. They did address another post apocalyptic problem that other shows ignore though and I won’t spoil it but I’ll give them credit for that. 

I feel ya though.... that always bothers me more than it should. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited May 14
    So... while we're all here... in season 2(?), they made mention of the problem that gasoline doesn't last forever. After a couple of years it turns to goo. We even saw some of that, I think.

Did they ever resolve that problem, or did the writers just decide it would be boring for them to essentially be stuck in Malibu, or wherever else?

At least they mention it. In our favorite F/TWD they seem to have just given up on needing any resources (until it's convenient for the plot) and any vehicle they find just needs a quick hot-wire and they're good to go.

Hope to see the show pop up somewhere. Seems like Fox is just dumping a bunch of shows pre-sale. 
    NervousRhino
  • We’ve  been enjoying this show as a family too! It’s an easy watch and there’s great comedy writing lots of giggles in this house.

i do wish they had more fun with the sci aspect of the series. Lots of fun to be had there.
  • Was anyone else watching this? As funny as the show was, I actually liked it more for its post-apocalyptic storyline. I thought it was headed into some really interesting places. Ah well.
    Agreed! The great part about the earlier episodes was watching Phil navigate an empty world (margarita pools, wiping his face with the Declaration of Independence, etc.).  I kinda feel like they've been walking in boring circles as of late; just a handful of uninteresting characters talking about their relationships with one another in a giant, empty house.
    Notacult