Jules-Pierre is the new Martinez [Meme] [No spoilers]

WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
A.Ron has a thing with pronouncing characters' names, ya know.

Jovial_FalconJaimieTFlukesSomeBiscuitElisaTaraC73RyanReesemanhisdudeness915ReniAlkaid13

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Fucking awesome 
  • edited May 15
    This is excellent.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    At least this time it's intentional!
    WarpFoxTaraC73Flukes
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Wait, you're intentionally calling him Jean-Pierre instead of Jules-Pierre? 
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    He assuming an overly dramatic French affect because of the way the actor really leans into it also.

Btw, I know this will do no good... But I gotta try. A.Ron, when 'affect' is used with this meaning, it pretty much rhymes with Ben Affleck(t) 

Seemed on topic, oh well! 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    It all started with this little-known captain, Jean-Luc Picard.
  • JaimieT said:
    It all started with this little-known captain, Jean-Luc Picard.
    Actually I think it was Jean-Luc PickleRick
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Ajas said:
    He assuming an overly dramatic French affect because of the way the actor really leans into it also.
    I mean, that part I get. I don't know if, like @JaimieT suggested, it's because of a habit of saying "Jean-Luc" that he's turned "Jules-Pierre" into "Jean-Pierre". I kind of just assumed it was base-level name-butchering, and since A.Ron had already said it once that way, it got stuck that way in his brain.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited May 16
    WarpFox said:
    Ajas said:
    I mean, that part I get. I don't know if, like @JaimieT suggested, it's because of a habit of saying "Jean-Luc" that he's turned "Jules-Pierre" into "Jean-Pierre". I kind of just assumed it was base-level name-butchering, and since A.Ron had already said it once that way, it got stuck that way in his brain.

I think A.Ron said on the cast... it's because the actor really emphasized the French more than any of us had been doing this far. It was astonishing. Also I suspect it's the famous Chinese name "Mao" (Mao Zedong) at the end of all that French, that makes it more funny.

And yeah, Jean-Luc would fluctuate in Frenchness throughout Star Trek. 

I don't know why Jules-Pierre pronounces Julie so American. Maybe an insight into their parting of ways?
  • JaimieT said:

Also I suspect it's the famous Chinese name "Mao" (Mao Zedong) at the end of all that French, that makes it more funny.
    The actor's real name is also kind of like that, he's called François Chau.
    I can just imagine A.Ron angrily yelling François!!!

JaimieT
  • I saw Chau first in the wing commander games, nice to see him getting more work
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Reni said:
    JaimieT said:

Also I suspect it's the famous Chinese name "Mao" (Mao Zedong) at the end of all that French, that makes it more funny.
    The actor's real name is also kind of like that, he's called François Chau.
    I can just imagine A.Ron angrily yelling François!!!

Goddammit. I wish I'd known this before we recorded this week. Now I have to remember for next week.

And Mao was Vagabond in Wing Commander?! HOLY SHIT! World's colliding...
    JaimieTReniWarpFox
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    It seems to have morphed into Jooles Pierre MEEEOW now haha
    ReniWarpFox
  • It just occurred to me that Jules-Pierre named his daughter after himself.

Very different show, but Khan from King of the Hill did that as well (Connie).