Twitch Stream Suggestions

ShumShum Utah
I caught the last God of War stream and have been thinking about what games are best suited to Jim and A ron's style of twitch streaming.  I agree with A Ron about story based games generally being a bad idea.  I still found the God of War streams entertaining, but I felt bad that A Ron didn't get the full God of War experience because they decided to stream it.  

I don't necessarily think Single Player games are all a bad idea, because the taking turns system seems to work pretty well, and it leaves one person free to deal with Chat.  It would just need to be a game where they didn't have to take the story seriously, or had played through the game previously.  Also, probably no RPGs since they are time consuming and leveling systems can be tedious.  Co Op and Versus games tend to be the most entertaining, but of course chat interaction tends to suffer.  Live Watches are more in the Baldmove wheel house and might bring in more of the podcast fanbase, but probably wouldn't attract much of the Twitch community.

I guess I would suggest Jim and Aron continue to experiment until they figure out what works best.  They probably could've figured that out on their own, but let's be honest, this is just an excuse to suggest some of my favorite games.  I'll limit myself to one suggestion for each category I mentioned.

Co Op:  Portal 2
Versus: Mario Kart
Single Player: Crash Bandicoot
Live Watch: Troll 2

What does everyone else think?

iMatty94Murderbear

Comments

• Bioshock (yea its kinda story-based) but with the amount of times you die I feel like it would be a good hand-off game
  • Crash would be awesome :) 
    Shum
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    gguenot said:
    Bioshock (yea its kinda story-based) but with the amount of times you die I feel like it would be a good hand-off game
    We used to play a game called "walk, die, then drink" with Fallout 4. Just pick a random direction, and go pick fights until you die. Then you take a shot a pass the controller. No saves, and no healing in combat. Oh yeah, and we picked weapons by committee. I got nominated to fight a deathclaw with a pool cue.
    gguenot
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I thought that the A Way Out playthrough streamed pretty well, since there were two of them and they could play at the same time without having to hand off at all.  Same with Sea of Thieves and Spy Party.  I'd suggest future games that they can both play at the same time.
    gguenot
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I love boring ass simulator games. I've been in a deep hole with Farming Simulator 17 on PS4 the past couple of months and I would love to watch Farmer A.Ron do his thing! I think that could be very entertaining.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I agree with loving simulator games. Maybe Prison Architect? But possibly tricky for 2 to enjoy.

Don't Starve has a multiplayer mode now, but I know that game has a learning curve. 

Spy Game was so fun to watch them play. 
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I have no idea how fun it would be to actually stream it for an audience, but 2017 Game of the Year Zelda: Breath of the Wild if you really want to put in 100+ hours of puzzles, exploring, fighting, and problem solving to really drain your life away.

• The tower defense game PixelJunk Monsters 2 comes out on the 25th. If it's anything like the first one it should be a fun casual co-op. There's a short demo on PSN.