Deadpool 2 (Spoilers)

edited May 2018 in Movies
So I don't think it makes sense to make a thread about Deadpool 2 without spoilers but I'm also hoping to save some hassle for A.Ron and Jim by already stating I emailed them correcting their mistake that Xmen/Deadpool is owned by Fox and NOT Sony.  Now that that's out of the way....

I absolutely loved the movie.  The amount of cameos they cram in the movie is downright amazing.  Them keeping the Juggernaut out of the trailers was definitely for the better.  It's clear that Ryan Reynolds is the perfect role for Deadpool.  The after credit scenes were great, I have zero issue with them turning back time to do what they did.  I had thought when Cable was rewinding time he was going to go all the way back to before Vanessa was killed but it made sense the way they went with it.
April_May_June

Comments

• I just watched it! Man I like the new reclining seats I’m never going back to standard theater seats. 

Anyways I agree with everything you said @letrbuck2006 I also wanted to add that I fuckin love this domino character and I seriously wouldn’t mind watching a whole movie just about her. 
    April_May_June
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Saw it this afternoon. I loved it! I think I actually liked it better than the first one.
    NervousRhinoApril_May_June
  • Saw this with my husband today - we both loved it!
    There were so many funny parts.  As much as I enjoyed the first one, I agree with @Murderbear - I think I like this one even better than the first one. 

And @NervousRhino - I really liked Domino too, and would definitely go see a movie just about her.

I don't know if there are plans to make a Deadpool 3 or not, but if so, I'm all for it!
    NervousRhino
  • I just watched it! Man I like the new reclining seats I’m never going back to standard theater seats. 

Anyways I agree with everything you said @letrbuck2006 I also wanted to add that I fuckin love this domino character and I seriously wouldn’t mind watching a whole movie just about her. 
    The only theaters I go to now days are ones with reclining chairs that you pick your specific seat.  I've got a theater within a mile of me that has the old style seats and I haven't been there for a few years at least.  If you get a chance check out a AMC Dolby theater.  Hands down the best theater out there in my opinion.

Saw it this afternoon. I loved it! I think I actually liked it better than the first one.

It's tough for me. I did think it was excellent movie but for me the 1st Deadpool I went in not knowing to what extent that it would be and it blew me out of the water.  I don't think anyone quite expected to the extent they nailed it with the first one that I have a tough time comparing the two of them. 

NervousRhinoJovial_Falcon
  • Saw it a few hours ago. Was in an Alamo Drafthouse for the first time. Nice setup for a date night. The seats don't recline, and I get why, but damn. And no twizzlers. Wtf??

The movie was good, I enjoyed it more than the first one bc I was already used to the format and this movie had more of a straightforward plot. However, I do wonder what happens going forward. The more Deadpool is in with other characters in a traditional team movie, the harder it is for him to do him. Cable and Domino almost stole the show...which is how I remember the comics. 

I hope there's some news on the X-men franchise soon.
    NervousRhino