HGTV Special

DrKenDrKen Chicago
Good to see Cecily driving up the price on the auction items.  Classic auction trick.

She's really tall.
MurderbearTheEconomist

Comments

• Dang it, I missed this, what was the name?
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Everything But the House.  I heard ARon mention it during lunch, I think, and I was in front of my TV so I DVR'd it.  

Fit in quite well with my This Old House Sunday mornings.
    KingKobra
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    looks like it’s on again next sunday (5/27) @ 5pm and 9pm.
    KingKobra
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    That's crazy that the place/show he's been talking about for so long is Everything But The House because I know like three other people that have worked there and one who still does. Small world.
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    Interesting the ladies auctioning off the stuff said they wanted a European vacation and settled for...Key West. 

Which is a perfectly nice place, Ernest Hemingway’s home and all but I thought they’d go to at least Italy with $30+k from the auction. 

@DrKen I thought the same thing @Cecily is remarkably tall. Had no idea. 
    Murderbear
  • Interesting the ladies auctioning off the stuff said they wanted a European vacation and settled for...Key West. 

Which is a perfectly nice place, Ernest Hemingway’s home and all but I thought they’d go to at least Italy with $30+k from the auction. 

@DrKen I thought the same thing @Cecily is remarkably tall. Had no idea. 
    Is @Cecily really tall or is everyone else just really short?!???
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Cecily is really tall. Just a bit shorter than me, and I'm 6'2". It will be interesting to see if they order the series, and if they change the format. If they keep this one I doubt Cecily will be in it much, but if they move to emphasize more of the behind the scenes side, who knows. If people are interested I could talk a bit more on lunch since we're past the NDA. I think it's interesting to see how real or unreal these reality shows are.

EBTH has had a rough patch of late where they way over extended themselves and took on some ambitious in house logistics that hasn't really panned out, as a result they've had to lay people off and close operations in some of the cities theydt just expanded into. But I thought the show as constructed was a great commercial for the company and the service they provide. Had some lovely shots of the Queen City, too.
    MurderbearGBraltaTheEconomistMichelle
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    My friend’s daughter went to UCLA to study acting. When she was done she got a bunch of auditions for “reality” shows. 

The one one I always remember was for an Alice Cooper or Gene Simmons “reality” show where she was auditioning to be the “bitchy friend”. He said the whole show was scripted. 
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    I was wondering if a metro the size of Cincinnati could support having regular  higher end auctions. It seems from a business side having the auctions in a wealthier and larger city may bring better returns. But I really do like the idea.