Amazon Close To Renewing The Expanse for 4th Season.

#SaveTheExpanse worked. We might have actually done it and gone on to prove that fan campaigns actually DO work. 

Worked for Shenmue 3, and more recently the HD collection and now it's very likely it has worked for The Expanse.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/expanse-revived-season-4-at-amazon-1113803

The retailer and streaming outlet is near a deal to revive space drama The Expanse for a fourth season just 10 days after Syfy canceled the series. Amazon Studios declined comment as sources note the deal is not closed.

Starring Steven Strait and based on James S.A. Comedy's best-selling book series of the same name, Syfy had only first-run linear rights in the U.S. to The Expanse. Amazon Studios had streaming rights to the first three seasons of the show. Sources say Bezos is a big fan of the book and was livid that the TV series went to NBCUniversal-owned Syfy. The move is said to have ignited Bezos' demand that Amazon Studios brass find the company's version of Game of Thrones./////At Amazon, The Expanse will join a growing roster of genre programming including its upcoming Lord of the Rings TV franchise, Jordan Peele's Nazi hunting drama series, Gillian Flynn's Utopia remake, futuristic drama The Peripheral, from Westworld creators Lisa Joy and Jonah Nolan; Consider Phlebas and a reboot of Hanna, among others.
KingKobraElisarhcoopFlukeshypergenesb

Comments

• MrXMrX CO
    If true I will feel a lot better about paying $20 for Prime this year!
    Elisarhcoop
  • That's wonderful :) I'm sure it was my snarky email to the wrong people that did it.
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    edited May 21
    God I hope it goes through.
    Elisa
  • Amazon saving "The Expanse" is being reported everywhere.  Now, it could all be stemming from the same source, but it must be a reliable one...since so many news outlets are running with it.  Made my day!
    Elisa
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited May 22
    Fantastic news.  I never get involved with this stuff and I signed the petition and sent Jeff Bezos an email.  

You know you can apparently gift yourselves many years of Prime at the current rate.  You buy gift of Prime accounts and send them to yourself.  You let your account lapse momentarily when it runs out, then you use one of the Prime gift codes you bought prior to the rate change.  It's worked for lots of people, and apparently the worst that will ever happen is that it will turn into a $99 gift card.  You're basically giving Amazon a loan, though.

MrX said:
    If true I will feel a lot better about paying $20 for Prime this year!

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    sounds like an olive branch from Bezos to Jim & ARon if you ask me :p
    JaimieTbazjensterFernNYC17
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    Cast is referencing it in a chat on Facebook right now. Not confirming anything. But they must be pretty far along in discussions. 
    Elisa
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    Also I just found out the guy who plays Jules Pierre Mao is named Francois Chau. That’s kind of amazing. 
    ElisaFlukes
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm glad it's Amazon. I've never had cable, so I always bought the seasons on Amazon to support the show, even when money was tight. And then one time I had a support ticket open with them for 7 days because of a missing scene in one episode, and they called me every day that week about it... Never fixed it, though. But for me, Amazon has already been the show's keeper.
    Doctor_Nick
  • jbryant27jbryant27 Waxahachie, TX
    Hope they get this thing finalized soon. Amazon is the perfect spot for it. Hopefully they can get this show in front of the audience it deserves. I only started watching this season just based on recommendation from the guys. Ive gotta think there are tons more people who are ripe for this kind of show that just have no idea. 
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    chrisk said:
    Also I just found out the guy who plays Jules Pierre Mao is named Francois Chau. That’s kind of amazing. 
    Also that actor has been typecast as dudes with "Pierre" in their names.

ElisaMattyWeaves
  • Cast says they're not out of the woods yet, and the deal isn't officially closed so we should keep watching and tweeting. We should help all we can.
    WarpFoxjayneely71ElisaPangsMFG