Boba Fett: A Star Wars Story

Comments

• I'm not sure anyone can undo the damage done to Boba Fett by the prequels.  From awesome evil cypher to weird Australian kid in one fell swoop.
  • I'm not sure anyone can undo the damage done to Boba Fett by the prequels.  From awesome evil cypher to weird Australian kid in one fell swoop.
    Everyone (besides most androids) were children at one point. At least they gave a small backstory to him and a solid reason why he would do what he does. 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    KingKobra said:
    I'm not sure anyone can undo the damage done to Boba Fett by the prequels.  From awesome evil cypher to weird Australian kid in one fell swoop.
    Everyone (besides most androids) were children at one point. At least they gave a small backstory to him and a solid reason why he would do what he does. 
    and at least he was a little pissed off scowling little dude as oppose to a a little whiny cry baby that eventually became the greatest sith lord.
    KingKobra
  • Chinaski said:
    KingKobra said:
    I'm not sure anyone can undo the damage done to Boba Fett by the prequels.  From awesome evil cypher to weird Australian kid in one fell swoop.
    and at least he was a little pissed off scowling little dude as oppose to a a little whiny cry baby that eventually became the greatest sith lord.
    I do agree with that ;) of course DV will always be my favorite character. 
    Chinaski
  • edited May 2018
    I am quite excited about a stand alone Boba Fett movie.  He's always been a pretty badass character.  Going on a tangent and as someone that's only strictly watched the movies that have been put out I'd love to see a standalone Darth Maul movie.  He's clearly the most powerful character in Star Wars because he "killed" Liam Neeson, who is nearly immortal in every role he plays.  Ever since episode I was released and Darth Maul was so underutilized I've always wanted more on Darth Maul.  I really should jump into the animated shows but I can't seem to convince myself to. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited May 2018
    Going on a tangent and as someone that's only strictly watched the movies that have been put out I'd love to see a standalone Darth Maul movie.  He's clearly the most powerful character in Star Wars because he "killed" Liam Neeson, who is nearly immortal in every role he plays.  Ever since episode I was released and Darth Maul was so underutilized I've always wanted more on Darth Maul.  I really should jump into the animated shows but I can't seem to convince myself to. 
    I'd say your missing out then. If you want a good Darth Maul semi-origin story he's fleshed out pretty good in over several seasons of Clone Wars. Bringing it full circle, his character has a lot to do with the Mandalorians (Boba Fetts people).  Dave Filoni is the Star Wars storyteller we deserve.

When they finished his arc in the more recent Rebels, it ended in a way I did not expect, but was far more elegant than what I had pictured in my head building up to that moment. Again, Dave Filoni masterfully subverted the Star Wars theme where Episode Ep.8 tried but to mixed success.

awookiee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I want a movie for Bossk.  
    redlancerChinaski
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    I refuse to see another Star Wars film until we finally get our Porkins origin story.
    Dummyadobo1148
  • edited May 2018

@Doctor_Nick I don't know. While Boba didn't have the badass story like we thought we would get, I never thought the prequels ruined Fett, or the Fetts rather. If anything they were the better parts of Episode II, specifically Jango.

EDIT: In addition, while I would've never made Boba a clone if it were up to me, I think there's a good opportunity with the spin off to explore the complexities on how Boba interprets his own identity knowing he's a clone. I think its more likely they're not really going to address it, but if they did, James Mangold is certainly a guy that's shown he's capable at making stuff like that compelling.

Chinaski
  • edited May 2018
    I refuse to see another Star Wars film until we finally get our Porkins origin story.
    How many standalone "Stories" would they have to get through before a producer brought up Porkins as a serious possibility?  I say 13.  It's conceivable.

To the original topic, a Boba Fett story interests me more than a Han Solo one, though I don't really know why.  And Mangold is a pretty good director.
  • cdrive said:
    I want a movie for Bossk.  
    I see your Bossk and raise you IG-88?

Major bummer he wasn't in Rogue One.
    JoshuaHetercdrive
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I hope this counts towards Alden elrich(sp) 3 movie deal. I don’t want 3 Solo movies but I’d be down with Han having a part in the Boba Fett movie. 

• Hatorian said:
    I hope this counts towards Alden elrich(sp) 3 movie deal. I don’t want 3 Solo movies but I’d be down with Han having a part in the Boba Fett movie. 

Especially if they made Boba have good intentions and Han was the antagonist.
  • Make it The Punisher in space and I’m in. 
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I take offense at that, he is most obviously a weird New Zealander kid.
    Doctor_Nick
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I just saw Solo and like it fine, but I hope the box office makes them reconsider this one. I really don’t want any more SW money going to prequels. Unless it’s a prequel 1000 years ago or something. 
    RyanReeseman
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    chrisk said:
    I just saw Solo and like it fine, but I hope the box office makes them reconsider this one. I really don’t want any more SW money going to prequels. Unless it’s a prequel 1000 years ago or something. 

Set it *inside* the Sarlacc pit; it doesn't have to be a prequel.

Problem solved.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    chrisk said:

Set it *inside* the Sarlacc pit; it doesn't have to be a prequel.

Problem solved.
    I just mean I don’t want any tie-in to the existing movies. They have a big universe with tons of history  and they seem to insist on plumbing the same 20 year period.

Maybe some people want that, but it’s not what I was hoping for from the Disney deal. 

I know Rian Johnson has a deal to start a fresh storyline so hopefully that pans out. 
    JoshuaHeterRyanReeseman
  • edited May 2018
    chrisk said:

I just mean I don’t want any tie-in to the existing movies. They have a big universe with tons of history  and they seem to insist on plumbing the same 20 year period.

Maybe some people want that, but it’s not what I was hoping for from the Disney deal. 

I know Rian Johnson has a deal to start a fresh storyline so hopefully that pans out. 
    I’m really chomping at the bit to get some sort of news about the Rian Johnson movies. I loved what he did so much with TLJ and the message he had about the franchise as a whole moving forward, so I’m really excited. 

Hopefully we get some kind of news about what the framework of this trilogy is soon.
  • chrisk said:

I’m really chomping at the bit to get some sort of news about the Rian Johnson movies. I loved what he did so much with TLJ and the message he had about the franchise as a whole moving forward, so I’m really excited. 

Hopefully we get some kind of news about what the framework of this trilogy is soon.

Couple of easter eggs in Solo that pointed to some of the KOTOR characters, so at some point we should get some of those stories up on the screen. 

Anything for some new original content. I don't think we can take much more of "Here's what this character you know was doing all this time, and this character, and this character..."

I was definitely on board with an Obi-wan movie, but now even that is starting to feel like just spinning our wheels in the same sandbox. Boba Fett movie? Yoda movie? 

I feel like Lucasfilm has been truly been taken over by the Memberberries