Star Wars video games

Alright so after seeing Solo I want to jump into Star Wars games (I have an Xbox One) but I'm more interested in single player than multi player gameplay.  Obviously the newer battlefront games are a lot more multiplayer based BUT do they have a decent single player campaign?  Or what are some recommendations.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The single player for BF2 is fairly “quick”. What they do have is an arcade mode where you can do custom battles. Obviously though the main thrust is the MP. The SW games are kind of limited for consoles, but if you go to PC there are a LOT more options available (especially older games). 
    letrbuck2006
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    If you have an Xbox One then you are able to play the all time best Star Wars game, Knights of the Old Republic.
    MattyWeaves
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    +1 for Knights of the Old Republic. I just started it back up a couple weeks ago after more than a decade away.

Minus the obvious graphical difference (original Xbox game) its absolutely as good as I remember.

There are currently a bunch of backwards compatibility Star Wars game they just released, like the ORIGINAL Battlefront games which are single player and vastly superior. All like 10 bucks too give or take.
    letrbuck2006MurderbearTravis
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Go really old school

Shadows of the Empire for N64
    TxSandMan
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Empire Strikes Back on NES. Still never beat that piece of shit. Great game though. Oh yeah, and any of the pre-Battlefield clone Battlefronts. Those are just plane all time great games.
    Freddy said:
    Empire Strikes Back on NES. Still never beat that piece of shit. Great game though. Oh yeah, and any of the pre-Battlefield clone Battlefronts. Those are just plane all time great games.
    The furthest I ever got was Jabbas Palace. 

That was the one I think where you could be either Chewie with the laser machine gun or luke with the lightsaber and everyone was out to kill you. 
  • There are currently a bunch of backwards compatibility Star Wars game they just released, like the ORIGINAL Battlefront games which are single player and vastly superior. All like 10 bucks too give or take. 
    I still have my copy of the original Battlefront II for Xbox. That game was the reason I originally got an Xbox Live account.
    MattyWeaves
    There are currently a bunch of backwards compatibility Star Wars game they just released, like the ORIGINAL Battlefront games which are single player and vastly superior. All like 10 bucks too give or take. 
    I still have my copy of the original Battlefront II for Xbox. That game was the reason I originally got an Xbox Live account.
    I still have my original xbox just for that game. 
    GarageMovieGuy
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited May 25
    Seems to me like EA has completely wasted it's rights to this property. They've had 2 Battlefront games come out since which are basically re-skinned versions of existing games, and that's it. All the possibilities and this is what they come up with. Not one open world or RPG title. At least another KOTOR-like game not dependent on the movies seems obvious. A milder GTA in Coruscant would be really interesting. Sooo many options.
  • MrXMrX CO
    Go really old school

Old school? How about Rebel Assault on MS-DOS? My friends and I would play this thing for hours back in middle school.

• MrX said:
    Go really old school

Old school? How about Rebel Assault on MS-DOS? My friends and I would play this thing for hours back in middle school.

I was going to list ones like Xwing and TIE Fighter, but OP was focused on consoles. I got a BUNCH of he old school EA games recently via GOG which allows me to play them on my current box. 
    MrX
  • Go really old school

What's really funny is I played the hell out of this game back when I had a Nintendo 64.  After seeing Solo I had remembered how much I enjoyed that game and that's kind of what sent me down the path to wanting a newer Star Wars game.  Thanks everybody for the recommendations.  
  • MrXMrX CO
    KingKobra said:
    MrX said:
    Go really old school

I was going to list ones like Xwing and TIE Fighter, but OP was focused on consoles. I got a BUNCH of he old school EA games recently via GOG which allows me to play them on my current box. 
    Ah, in that case, I recommend Rebel Assault 2, which was on PS1.

KingKobra
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I played this sooo many times at AstroWorld.

Also N64 Shadow of the Empire was so damn good.  I remember it took forever to beat that chicken walker.

I got the battlefront bundle edition PS4. That game really hits all the pleasure points from being able to be Luke or Vader, get to fly an x-wing and ride the speeder bike etc.  
    KingKobraFreddy
  • @cdrive that was the “og” for arcade (IMO). I have many fond memories of playing that when I was a kid. They did come out with an updated version for Phantom Menace (I think).