Arrested Development Season Five

MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
I didn't see a topic on this yet so I thought I'd start one. I would say keep spoilers to a minimum or none at all?

My wife and I were actually watching the show from the start and were near the end of season two when they announced the season four remix and that season five was coming soon.

We were excited but hesitant to get too hyped. I'm happy to say, after only two episodes, I think season five is going to be a hit.

I've gotten a good handful of chuckles, a few laugh out louds, and a giggling fit where we had to pause and catch our breath.

Better start so far compared to season four, but we've only got 8 episodes right now and 8 at a later date.

Anyone else enjoying The Bluth family?

Comments

• When they announced the season four remix, I decided to give the whole series a rewatch.  I'm just getting back to season four now and hope to get through to the new season by the end of the week.  Glad to hear that the new season is back on track! 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I tried the season 4 remix but was still bored by it. I hope I like season 5! It's my favorite sitcom. :)
  • Started season 5. It’s definitely back closer to the original series and hitting more funny notes. Just watched the first two episodes so far though. Still kind of over-narrating. Looking forward to the rest!
    ken hale
    edited May 31
    I watched the first episode. It was okay. My only laugh came right at the beginning, with Michael saying to the painting crew, "You guys don't miss a day, huh?" re: Michael having just missed two.

Hurwitz is a genius. 

As for the rest of the episode, I was smirking. It's not like it was boring.
    hisdudeness915
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    The first 2 episodes felt like more of season 4 but episode 3 rights the ship in hysterical fashion. 
    JaimieT
    The first 2 episodes felt like more of season 4 but episode 3 rights the ship in hysterical fashion. 

Awesome. I just finished episode 2 and I can see how it might take off. All of the family together can't hurt. 

I am excited about the George Michael in Mexico subplot. Don't let me down, AD.
    ken halehisdudeness915
  • edited June 2
    I thought this was a pretty fair return to form, even without Lindsay.  I'm holding off on watching the last couple because (sob) there probably won't ever be any more, but between the remix of season four and this short return, they've done a good job recreating the feel of the original series, as best you can at least.  The laughs for me in episode one really started after the recaps.  Michael telling that detective, "I love you!" as he goes down the elevator really got me.

edit: I just read Jamie's comment. Yeah, George Michael's Mexico buddies are perfect.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    ken hale said:
     I'm holding off on watching the last couple because (sob) there probably won't ever be any more, but between the remix of season four and this short return, they've done a good job recreating the feel of the original series, as best you can at least. 
    This is only half of the season, another 8 will be released later on in the year if memory serves. 

• ken hale said:
     I'm holding off on watching the last couple because (sob) there probably won't ever be any more, but between the remix of season four and this short return, they've done a good job recreating the feel of the original series, as best you can at least. 
    This is only half of the season, another 8 will be released later on in the year if memory serves.
    Sweet! I watched the first couple seasons as they aired and thought it got cancelled until someone told me about season 3 a couple years later.  Between that, the revival, and your news just now this show is like the gift that keeps on giving!