Better Call Saul Season 4 Premiere Date

BCS season 4 will begin Monday, August 6. I'm pumped that it'll be back a full month or so before I was expecting.

That is all.
ChinaskiAww_PHuuCkAlkaid13hisdudeness915April_May_JuneDummyMelonuskRenaisWomnTaraC73JTKIIIand 2 others.

Comments

• April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    I hadn't heard until just now - I can't wait!   :)
    JoshuaHeterDummy
  • I need to rewatch last season I forgot most of what happened. It feels like it’s been years..
    JoshuaHeterApril_May_June
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    I need to rewatch last season I forgot most of what happened. It feels like it’s been years..

Spoiler: Jimmy makes a series of questionable decisions; those he cares about are adversely affected.
    NervousRhinoDummyApril_May_JuneMelonuskFlukesemnofseattleTaraC73
  • Oh yeah! How could I forget 
    JoshuaHeterApril_May_June
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA

JoshuaHeterDummyhypergenesbTaraC73Michelle
    ... just 5 short weeks!
  • I hope @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard know that there's only a month left until this show's back - I just listened to the Expanse wrap up and Jim seemed to still be under the impression that it was airing in September.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Thank god some good tv coming back!! <span>:smiley:</span>
    JoshuaHeterDummy
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I hope @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard know that there's only a month left until this show's back - I just listened to the Expanse wrap up and Jim seemed to still be under the impression that it was airing in September.
    I heard the guys mention a couple of times on Walking Dead podcasts that once TWD was gone that AMC wouldn't have any shows left. I started worrying that they knew this got cancelled or that they weren't interested in covering Season 4. I know Season 3 had some slow moments, but I have to figure the guys will be back for this, right? Hearing them cover Season 3 of GoT along with this...its going to be a good couple of months. 
    DummyAussieGreg
  • edited July 7
    @Garthgou81 They had problems at the end of season 3, but I don't think they were at the point of "we're quitting the show". Maybe "if too many shows are on at once and we had to cut one, this would be lower priority than before" is more where they're at. But then, I don't know what's going on inside their heads - all I know is that they were far more down on Mr. Robot at the end of season 2 and they still gave that another chance, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    Vince on BCS Season 4 and his Jonestown project...

https://youtu.be/JYHUkFXnEw8
    Dummy
    SPOILERS (for both BCS as well as Mad Men)

I’m excited enough for season 4 that I went back and listened to some of the coverage for seasons 1-3 and came across a couple of intersting points...

1) During season 3, Aron said that he read someone describe Jimmy as someone who “only likes the beginning of things”. Someone may have described Jimmy this way, but this was exactly the way Dr. Faye described Don during season 4 of Mad Men. I thought the parallel was intersting. Both Don and Jimmy are anti-heroes with the gift of persuasion who change their names and personas. Perhaps incidentally, they also both have a brother who commits suicide. We know why Don changed his name / persona. But, we don’t yet fully know why Jimmy will change his name / persona (even though we basically know their origins). Any predictions?

2) During the Better Cast Saul *series* preview (released way back in February 2015), based on the season 1 trailer *alone* Aron said “I think [Chuck] is going to try to burn his house down.” Does @A_Ron_Hubbard get credit for this as a prediction? Did the Villigang telegraph this?
    MichelleGarthgou81
    @Garthgou81 They had problems at the end of season 3, but I don't think they were at the point of "we're quitting the show". Maybe "if too many shows are on at once and we had to cut one, this would be lower priority than before" is more where they're at. But then, I don't know what's going on inside their heads - all I know is that they were far more down on Mr. Robot at the end of season 2 and they still gave that another chance, so I wouldn't worry too much.
    I think most of my issues were with the beginning of the season. The Mike-desert stuff was just really poorly paced. I think it absolutely came together by the end, though. Those were minor quibbles. 
    Jonathan Banks age starting to show. guess he could be the Benjamin Button of the BB Universe.
    Man, if I am just starting to show my age at 71, I will be a very happy person. 
    ChinaskiJoshuaHeter
    edited July 10
    i think he still looks great. i meant more that after 5 years it's finally starting to show that he looks older in the prequel than he did in BB.

Jonathan Banks fun fact, he played the voice of Rick Dicker in the Incredibles 2. Replacing   Bud Luckey who played that character in the first one. Bud Luckey passed away earlier this year. Incredibles 2 was dedicated in his memory.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Chinaski said:
    i think he still looks great. i meant more that after 5 years it's finally starting to show that he looks older in the prequel than he did in BB.

Jonathan Banks fun fact, he played the voice of Rick Dicker in the Incredibles 2. Replacing   Bud Luckey who played that character in the first one. Bud Luckey passed away earlier this year. Incredibles 2 was dedicated in his memory.
    I think though that since BB was over several years ago that Banks aging doesn’t matter, or at least not as much because except for people rewatching the show at the same time as BCS it won’t be as noticable. 

Yeah, if they would have taken more time off between the end of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul it might be more noticeable. I think its pretty seamless and agree he looks great. 
    Chinaski said:

I think though that since BB was over several years ago that Banks aging doesn’t matter, or at least not as much because except for people rewatching the show at the same time as BCS it won’t be as noticable. 

yeah maybe that's it. i did a re-watch of a few BB eps recently so it stood out. regardless, Mike is my fav character and can do a mean impression of him.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:

yeah maybe that's it. i did a re-watch of a few BB eps recently so it stood out. regardless, Mike is my fav character and can do a mean impression of him.
    I mean there’s only so much makeup can do, but I mean I think Tijo looks more aged then Mike relative then the series. I mean the power chair does a little to obscure that, but facially he’s visibly older I think 
    Flukes
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:

I mean there’s only so much makeup can do, but I mean I think Tijo looks more aged then Mike relative then the series. I mean the power chair does a little to obscure that, but facially he’s visibly older I think 
    They did a fantastic job of aging him down for the Breaking Bad flashbacks in "Hermanos" during Season 4. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Chinaski said:
    Woah, I did not see that coming. I wonder if this is going to be a flash forward sequence. I don't see how this sub-plot could be contemporary to the story we've been following. Then again, the Villigang rarely dissapoints and often surprises.
    I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw a time jump. We know that Jimmy can't practice law for a year, and I can't imagine it would be much fun to watch him sit around doing diddly. We kinda saw him deal with that last year. We also knew that he would have to become Saul at some point. The one part of the article I am iffy on is Villigan wanting to get Cranston or Paul involved. I am fine with those steering clear of things for the run of BCS. Also, the way it is worded makes it sound like its something he wants to do and not something he actually has done.
    Serious question(s): what are the chances they could get Aaron Paul or Bryan Cranston (or any other principals from BB) into an episode without that info leaking? 

And, if they could pull that off, what are the chances Sony and/or AMC would let them not make that part of the preseason ad work?
  • MichaelVCassidyMichaelVCassidy Harrisburg, Pa
    Aarons hair/facial hair has me curious that he cut it again for BCS scenes that are in breaking bad timeline. Who knows when they filmed this

JoshuaHeterChinaskiTeresa from Concord
    FYI: The cast of Breaking Bad (along with Vince Gilligan) is going to to be on Conan tonight to celebrate the show's 10th anniversary. Should be fun; hopefully we'll get some nuggets about BCS. 
  • I really need this back in my life. 

ChinaskiJoshuaHeter
    Not sure if there are any conclusions that we can draw from this, but BCS is renewed for a 5th season just about a week before the season 4 premiere...

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2018/07/28/better-call-saul-season-5/amp/
  • MichaelVCassidyMichaelVCassidy Harrisburg, Pa
    edited August 1
    Bob has an interesting quote in this podcast...

"If you dont watch Season 4 of Better Call Saul, you cant say that you've seen all of Breaking Bad."

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/remote-controlled-bob-odenkirk-vince-gilligan-better-call-saul-season-4-breaking-bad-1202890234/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    JoshuaHeterDummy